Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YouMust

rising EC & PH

howdy guys I hope you can help me out here as im a bit stuck and what to do ?

I have 9 girls in a flood and drain using canna a/b

everyday my PH rises by .5 and my EC rises from .9 to 1.1 in a few days!

things were going well i started them off on .8 and crept up to 1.0 over 2 weeks but i started to get tip burn so dialed it back.

this has gone on and on. I'm like 5 weeks into flower and my ec keeps rising even though my ec is at .9 when i fill the tank up!

the girls are suffering now but im not sure if it's burn, nutelock??? or just hungry (they have tip burn?)

heres some pics, if anyone needs more info just ask! :)

thanks guys

gallery_67746_5525_334740.jpg

gallery_67746_5525_287371.jpg

gallery_67746_5525_61824.jpg

gallery_67746_5525_148904.jpg

gallery_67746_5525_465418.jpg

gallery_67746_5525_221488.jpg

@@YouMust

This is a handy bit of info i picked up along the way here, it might help ya. :v:

Water level drops, ec rises = to high ec to start with
Water level drops, ec drops = more feed needed
Water level drops, ec stays the same = sweet spot keep this ec
Ive had this problem myself before dude. Try giving them a few flood cycles with just plain tap water to flush the roots out a bit and start with your EC at the level you had it at before you noticed it starting to rise, if you can remember what is was then. If youve got a memory like mine is lately you might find that bit a bit hard. :rofl:
All the best with it dude. :v:
e2a. The PH rising is nothing to worry about dude, what i do is set mine at the lowest of 5.5 and let it drift up until it needs correcting. In my NFT system i was correcting the PH almost every day. But ive found that with the Flexi Tank im using with my F+D system it stays really stable once it gets to 5.9 - 6.0 and will sit there for days on end.
:rockon:
Edited by Freax

thanks for your response :)

thanks for the tip, i already use this hence why i haven't upped the feeds :/

my issue is that normally my res is very stable with PH so its very odd it keeps running away like this

and secondly my tap water is .6/.7 EC so going up to .9 is a very very small amount of nutes, If i lower it more it will be just plain tap water :(

ec has never gone over 1.2 in this grow

Edited by YouMust
1 person likes this

hi m8 what canna u using m8 as canna aqua as a ph stabilizer and dont need adjusting so much

howdy,

yep I'm using aqua :)

I've just flushed the tank, filled with tap water, heated and PH'd then sprayed using a pump and wond to flush the pot's

then emptied the tank again and refilled with PH'd and EC'd to .7 hope it'll help

1 person likes this

how often you filling the res ?

around every 3 or 4 days i only have a 100L tank, they seem to be drinking about the norm

@@YouMust

Hi mate, what are the roots looking like and are they in the res or contained in pots?

stu

howdy stu,

when i did the flush i checked the roots a small amount had started to travel up the pipe, they pulled back into the pots ok.

roots dont look too bad not perfect fresh white but not much in it.

EC and ph have continued to rise today even with the lower ec of .7 girls are also looking more yellow :/

thanks for your replys