Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YouMust

Flood and Drain questions

good morning!

well i have had my flood and drain set up for a few weeks and have done some test runs while the clones are rooting and its almost time now :)

but i have left the water in the pots/res. should i flush this out? and some sort of sterilising fluid?

and what sort of fluid should i use?

secondly my tap water has an ec of .6

should i deduct .6 from my ec reading while adding nutes?

many thanks!

If the system was properly cleaned from when you last used it then your good to go. If not then I would run the system with a high concentrate of ph down mixed in the water or you could use some oxy plus. 0.6 EC is a good background value to have, all you do is add your nutes to your water to achieve your desired EC value. If your clones are small and haven't already been on food I would start them off at EC 08.

ah thank you, their still quite small but the roots are taking over the aeroponics propagator.

they've had roots for 2 weeks now and are on an ec of .8 that includes tapwater ec.

so i could just PH down the water thats been sat in the system, flood it, then drain it away?

what PH would you recommend?

oh FYI it's a brand new system with no pebbles in, i just tested water levels/heating

thanks for your response :)

If it's a brand new system then I would just empty out what's in the tank and refill. Get them in and put them on EC 0.9. (I would get the water up to temp first. You don't want to put them into shock with cold water.) Be careful with this system as it's very easy to over water. This is when you really notice the difference between different strains feeding cycles. i.e length of time to feed and how many cycles over a period of 24 hours. I never used to use cubes with mine as I just used to put them straight into mesh pots with clay pebbles so they required slightly more feeding cycles.

well my timer on this isn't great :/

on is flood, off is drain, and its only in 15min segments. it takes 8mins to flood and the same to drain.

my friend who uses a very simular system uses hot water from the tap to get it up to temp to start, is that ok?

then i have a 25w heater that would maintain the 20-21c desired temp. sound good so far? :)

these are not in cubes either just an empty small basket, a rubber insert holds the stem in place so the stem is suspended in air, bit worried whacking clay pebbles on them, but is has to be done i'll just be gental.

pal said flood every 4 hours during lights on and to flood once in the middle of lights off.

edit i think im going to run a diary with this, my first, just had a look at some of yours their great looking girls

Edited by YouMust

You can get digital timers from Tesco for about £10. These timers you can set for as short as 1 minuet if you like :) I can't remember how many cycles you can get out of them off the top of my head (Somewhere between 10 to 15 I think). I used to do flood drain tables (The ones with 90Ltr tanks sat underneath the tables) and when I was in full bloom I was flooding 6 cycles at 15 mins per cycle over a 24 hour period.

A diary sounds like a good idea. I'll join you if you do. Which flood drain system you doing, Ebs, WS ?

I'm using the ws system I think xD