17 replies to this topic

#1 grogirl

grogirl

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:11 PM

hi all!
just stumbled across these in the store and was wondering if anyone had any experience of them? do you need to use clonex or similar, or are the impregnated with rooting hormone as well? are they just square jiffy pellets? thank you, gg x x x

#2 Church

Church

Save the Brain Forest

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9937 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:13 PM

You do need clonex with em, but they are rather good, in my experience. I've had more success cloning with them than any other way...
"An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law." - Martin Luther King Jr

Buy Cannabis Seeds with Attitude - Enter Voucher Code 420 At The Checkout And Get 10% Off Your Order

The Sacred Drobe - Step by Step. Over 100,000 drobers since 2006

#3 Owderb

Owderb

Rhythm In The Hands Of Few

• Team UK420
  • 27677 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:18 PM

Hello GG :smoke:

They are like a plasticky sponge type medium....Lots of folk use em with good success but you just have to make sure they dont dry out...Best to keep em in the plastic tray they come in to help keep them moist until rooted :execute:

Owd
Your Environment Is As Important As Your Seed .........................................Swim the magic ocean I've been crying all these years

#4 grogirl

grogirl

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:23 PM

my god you lot are good! i turn my back for 5 minutes , to read about mr owd and mr church explaining the finer points of night temps as it so happens :execute: !, oh yea, and just before i take this advice, just how many grows have you two done btw? :execute: :smoke: gg runs off ducking hahahaha! gg x x thank you x

#5 Church

Church

Save the Brain Forest

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9937 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:30 PM

I don't advise you take grow advice from me, but Owd has Jedi-like powers :smoke:

:execute:
"An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law." - Martin Luther King Jr

Buy Cannabis Seeds with Attitude - Enter Voucher Code 420 At The Checkout And Get 10% Off Your Order

The Sacred Drobe - Step by Step. Over 100,000 drobers since 2006

#6 Owderb

Owderb

Rhythm In The Hands Of Few

• Team UK420
  • 27677 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:31 PM

:smoke:
Your Environment Is As Important As Your Seed .........................................Swim the magic ocean I've been crying all these years

#7 grogirl

grogirl

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:32 PM

outstanding! B)

#8 frankiepowers

frankiepowers

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1006 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:34 PM

:execute: Clonex all the way,but expose the cambium,the bit in a branch,and your notice the difference :execute:

FP :smoke:
Be Good Or Be Good At It And Shine On You Crazy Diamonds...Pink Floyd And FrankiePowers

Disclaimer!Frankiepowers is a born liar and mentally ill,he/she takes other peoples photos and posts them,in fact FP does not even smoke weed!

My Indica And Sativa Grow Diary

Back Again!Take 2!

#9 Operation Hard Hat

Operation Hard Hat

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:08 AM

Don't be tempted to keep them too wet, they work really good when you get the balance right between wet and dry. The cubes should feel moist when touched with your finger, water shouldn't be leaking out of them.

My record for roots showing throught the Root Riot Cubes is 5 days. Most of em seem to take 7 - 10 days, but theres always variables in this.

I must admit the ones that come with the trays always seem to get punctured, maybe in transit so some cubes seem to dry out. When I bought the ones sold in bags they kept a lot fresher. I think a bag of 100 is a little over a tenner in the shops, so they seem good value for what they do.

Don't know whether there the same as Jiffy cubes though, never used em.

Edited by Operation Hard Hat, 04 February 2007 - 12:09 AM.

#10 _Rex Mundi_

_Rex Mundi_
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:58 AM

Don't be tempted to keep them too wet, they work really good when you get the balance right between wet and dry. The cubes should feel moist when touched with your finger, water shouldn't be leaking out of them.

I'll keep that in mind, but I do find that they dry out quite fast.

#11 grogirl

grogirl

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:14 PM

thanks for your replies guys :afro:
helpfull as ever, will give 'em a go forthwith.
best wishes to all :wassnnme: gg x xx x

#12 Lupes

Lupes

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:02 PM

i have more success with and prefer jiffys :yinyang: but horses for courses :smoke: give them ago and see what works for you gg lol

It just shows ya...anything you want to know about growing can be found amongst the regulars and the Jedis here. I started a tray of these root riot cubes 6 days ago, supplied by & for a friend. They are now 7 days old in a heated prop under fluoro's, still healthy looking cuts (except maybe one or two) although no sign of roots coming through just yet, as others mentioned they can dry out a bit quick but so far so good. Against my usual choice of jiffy's....they look better (in my conditions)..like the man says..horses for courses, give em a go and good luck
lupes
Photo_0154.jpg

#13 Dayhu

Dayhu

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1970 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 01:03 AM

There pretty straight forward,Clean and tidy so not soil all over the place :yahoo: ..

Iv used these my last 3 grows and found them to be a lot better than using a low nute compost which i used too .. Some growers advise dont keep them too wet but in my experince with these if they dry out it could be major tits up if you dont get to them in time ! :yinyang: .. So i keep mine with water in the tray and pretty wet till rooted and they have rooted outstanding all 3 times :yahoo: a mass off roots filling water tray below within 14 days ! all in all i wont use anything else other than root riot or flea mix cubes now both are outstanding for clones :yahoo:

Good luck with them gg :stoned:

Day
Dayhu's first grow d - kalli - Bubblegum - blueberry .
The final day of miss blueberry.
First outdoor kalli

Disclaimer: Dayhu is a fictional character that enjoys roleplaying to pass the time. Nothing stated by dayhu should be taken literally or used in the real world

#14 dikki

dikki

gotus sativexus

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4125 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:19 AM

not had a failure in 12 months using them
& i do alot of cuts...

:blub: :ninja:
Nepotism: The showing of favoritism toward relatives and friends, based upon that relationship, rather than on an objective evaluation of ability, meritocracy or suitability.

#15 Sitting Buddha

Sitting Buddha

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 02:48 PM

Since trying them , I never looed back. Simple and convenient, 5-14 days rooting. Even had it dried out but they never died ;)
You know it when you toke it !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users