• UK420 News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42329 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:24 AM

hi

Posted Image
Westlife have had numerous number ones over the past six years

Wed 15 2006

Westlife and Lisa Scott-Lee were among the winners at the Naomi awards, an alternative to the Brits, which give prizes for the worst acts in pop.
The light-hearted awards, run by digital channel Music Choice, are voted for by music industry experts.

Former Steps singer Scott-Lee won worst British female solo artist, worst British single and worst pop act.

Westlife picked up worst international album and group and outstandingly bad contribution to music.

The awards are named after supermodel Naomi Campbell's short-lived music career. She released a single called Love and Tears in 1994.

Pete Doherty's band Babyshambles picked up the dubious honour of worst live act for the second year running.

Named and shamed

X-Factor winner Steve Brookstein won worst British album while Lee Ryan narrowly beat James Blunt to the worst British male solo award.

"The Naomi Awards are a chance for true music aficionados to point the finger at those artists who have made truly awful music in the past year," said Music Choice director Simon George.

Ms Dynamite picked up worst urban act. The singer was recently ordered to complete 60 hours of community service for assaulting a police officer outside a London nightclub.

Six-strong US dance troupe Pussycat Dolls were named worst international breakthrough act.

Winners in full:

Worst British Male Solo Artist - Lee Ryan
Worst British Female Solo Artist - Lisa Scott-Lee
Worst British Album - Steve Brookstein, Heart and Soul
Worst British Single - Lisa Scott-Lee, Electric
Worst Attempt at Rock - Son of Dork
Worst Urban Act - Ms Dynamite
Worst Live Act - Babyshambles
Worst Pop Act - Lisa Scott-Lee
Worst International Male Solo Artist - Jack Johnson
Worst International Female Solo Artist - Jessica Simpson
Worst International Album - Westlife, Face to Face
Worst International Group - Westlife
Worst International Breakthrough Artist - Pussycat Dolls
Outstandingly Bad Contribution to Music - Westlife

Bongme
UK420 Fetching News For Stoners in the UK. While Am Weedin Me Garden. it takes 3 p`s to make a good gardener, Patients practise & Perseverance.

#2 _stone win_

_stone win_
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:39 AM

What a pity, as I thought the band I am in, just might get a mention..... lol lol lol

:ninja: winnie

#3 johnny blaze

johnny blaze

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:02 AM

i dint even read all ov this i saw west life and some other popular music names and switched off popular music is going to be the death ov the world they desensortise kids ov today to real issues slam ya body down and wind it all aroun isnt something the spice girls should sing to these youths is there any wonder there is so much teen preggers i listen to hip hop which has the worst lyrics ov all but hiphop is aimed at the older generation unlike pop which has its stars all over day time tv and kids programmes and all those women in hardley any clothes in fornt ov my son if they where them clothes round my ends them bytchs would be getting raped then the kids would learn that dressing like that at there age is inappropriate and unexceptiable at least in rap they tell u what kind ov things r happening in todays world it aint all sun and flowers as pop would like u to belive. the world only contains a serton few types ov people junkies pushers rapist and victims and the other group is the evolved herbalist born through genarations ov lying goverments and changing worlds. the politicains r the rapist the junkies r the media obbsesed people in this world wear this do that do this and the pushers is the media the victims is the rest ov the known population ov the earth and then there is us the only people who seem to c the bigger picture the rape and opreciation ov man by the better off the rich and powerfull thewy r only powerfull if u let them have power im on not regiters for anything i dont exsist no voting no dss nothing im not part ov this society im ov animal not ov man man is lies to decieve and to toture popular music is the begining ov the cycle the destruction ov animals and the birth ov man. i urge all ov u listen to hip hop rock any thing that doesnt conform they can not and will not control us man shall die and animal will be reborn in its purity we shall eat fuck and smoke what we like and eat who and what we like colour dosnt mean nothing to animals creed dosnt mean shit and dont get me started on religion any ways ill finish with death to pop

espically simon cowle and petere waterman and all those other pusher and death to tony the rapist as the british raped the africans and the americans raped everyone they need to answer for there crimes the best punishment would for them to be on the other foot havr them the victims suffering the laws and sanctions these so called govements impose on people mans law means nothing to me im ov animal im human not the evolved evilman bring back the day ov the animal
we play drum n bass and listen to lyrics about the death ov infostucture and the end ov popular music for ever bring on the hip hop i want u all to listen to some first degree the de or andre nickatina or t nutty or young droop or ill bill necro they will steer u to the truth just pm for any more info
:ninja:

Attached Files

nah mamma that aint blood on my lips thats salsa we was eating up cool chicken strips she giving me the 3rd then she c some skin under my nails she dont belive me she know im telling tales even though she know me better than any one how can explain i had to get it done maybe 1day when im old and grey shell understand i was born this way
Dont Be Pleasure
Embrace The Darkness

#4 Percy

Percy

'M' is for muchness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2623 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:04 AM

looks like dante's latest layer of hell is gonna be busy
"When I was not prey to the temptations of this world, I devoted my nights to imagining other worlds. With the help of green honey there is nothing better than imagining other worlds to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realised that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one."
Baudolino to Niketas
Baudolino - Umberto Eco

#5 Punky

Punky

Eeeeeeeh Macarena!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3056 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 04:45 PM

i'm off to see Jack Johnson soon. best not be shit, tickets cost me a bomb :yinyang: :unsure:
"The pioneers of a warless world are the youth who refuse military service" - Albert Einstein

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —President George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"I'd rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave" - Jimmy Cliff

They ain't 'heroes', they are just footballers...

#6 Boojum

Boojum

Drinky Crow

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 55744 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:18 PM

As bad as the brits. James Blunt should have won every category that Westilife didn't win (including the female ones), just on the gut-wrenching shite-awfulness of that execrable "You're beautiful.", that was quite simply a crime against music, possibly the wettest, drippiest, most farty, uninspired, soulless, musically dead piece of cancerous rectum released (or allowed to escape) so far this century. Every time I hear it I want to throw up. It's not just a dreadful song, it's a bloody biological weapon. How they could have possibly thought ANYTHING was worse than that is utterly beyond me, that 'song' is yet another low water mark in the history of popular music, and Blunt should be pilloried for it.

Caution.
Do not rattle cage.
This animal may bite.

YNWA

#7 Topo

Hiding behind the rainbow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5149 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:24 PM

“She could see from my face that I was, F**king high.
And I don't think that I'll see heroin again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end”

Arrr can't be arsed with all this pop crap. Give me some proper tunes :smoke:

Edited by thumbs, 16 February 2006 - 05:30 PM.

"Don't tell me that I don't belong here. I belongs wherever I wants to go--and I'll do plenty well when I get there."

There is a new machine at the Gym, I only used it for half an hour cos it made me feel sick. It did everything Yorkies, Kit Kat, Mars Bars etc....

#8 MDP

MDP

*irresponsibility personified*

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7386 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:29 PM

Reading this has put the biggest, cheesiest grin on my face! :smoke:

:smoke: :ninja: lol
A man`s dreams are an index to his greatness.

#9 Puz

Puz

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1208 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:40 PM

gut-wrenching shite-awfulness of that execrable "You're beautiful.", that was quite simply a crime against music, possibly the wettest, drippiest, most farty, uninspired, soulless, musically dead piece of cancerous rectum released (or allowed to escape) so far this century

Here here ! :guitar:

#10 Jam-Rock-Manc

Jam-Rock-Manc

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:05 PM

“She could see from my face that I was, F**king high.
And I don't think that I'll see heroin again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end”
Arrr can't
be arsed with all this pop crap. Give me some proper tunes :yinyang:

;) thumbs i like it, it reminds me
i made up a version it was going round my head for weeks hehehe

intro..." my dick is brilliant,
my balls are saw,
ive spanked my monkey
till the shit went raw!!

there was a couple more lines but i forget now

#11 Jam-Rock-Manc

Jam-Rock-Manc

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:19 PM

As bad as the brits. James Blunt should have won every category that Westilife didn't win (including the female ones), just on the gut-wrenching shite-awfulness of that execrable "You're beautiful.", that was quite simply a crime against music, possibly the wettest, drippiest, most farty, uninspired, soulless, musically dead piece of cancerous rectum released (or allowed to escape) so far this century. Every time I hear it I want to throw up. It's not just a dreadful song, it's a bloody biological weapon. How they could have possibly thought ANYTHING was worse than that is utterly beyond me, that 'song' is yet another low water mark in the history of popular music, and Blunt should be pilloried for it.

i dissagree "your beutifull " is an amazing tune

it is uplifting, inspiring and :yinyang: moving
for the first 3-4 plays anyway

it is also however massivly overplayed and i generally ignore it when i hear it nowadays. but yeh boojum when u hear it, its like "ffs, not this ;) agaaaaain"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users