• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 weedislove

weedislove

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

I have switched to plant magic+ this round for my grow I am still a learner, and never have used PM+ before , should I follow the grow scheduale to the letter? I have the granuales oldtimers grow & bloom and bio silicon would I need anything else. Read on here I don't need to flush is that true? Also have some monster bloom 0-50-30 can I also use this during the grow?

Growing in house&garden batspecial soil using 1600w

Thanks for taking time to read any advice much appreciated :)

#2 Sawney Bean

Sawney Bean

squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3141 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

your right mate no flushing necessary and I wouldnt be using any boosters with them, all you need is the oldtimer grow and bloom. i followed the grow schedule near enough to the letter on my first run using them and found it to be spot on, but read your plants and see if they may need more/less

Sawney Beans Highland Ganja

The Cannabis Chronicles

vince noir rock n roll star "your own weed is always the best weed no matter who you are ..just because it didnt agree or rather someonelse didnt like it should matter not one iota dude ..judging is subjective depending on judges tastes ..im sure you dont like some peoples weed and love others ..you let no one down ."

#3 Zion

Zion

Functional Stoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

Hi Weedislove,

Grow,bloom,granules & bio-s are all I've needed/used so far and they look great. I also use the Plant magic soil supreme which only needs a little grow toward the end of veg. Also folk say flush for a couple of days but is not essential.

Before you use any of the above, have a look on here to see what dose other folk are using, i.e I only use 0.5ml/ltr of bio-silicon and use it up until the 2nd week flower.

ATB Zion86 :hippy:

"Happiness In life depends upon the quality of your thoughts" ....Marcus Aurelius..

#4 weedislove

weedislove

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Thanks for advice guys I left a 2 week window were I was just going to give them water on my current grow , also in soil but just using monster bloom so if I can use pm to virtually the end that be great I probably still do a mini flush on 1 to see if there's a taste diffrence

Read a post from oltimer were he keeps telling peoeople inc PM+ that only use bio silicoin at 1ml per 2 litre and end on 3rd or 4th week of flower. So your spot on with your use of bio-silicon good advice I will be using it at that dose

Tried my grow on a few vegging plants and with only a small amount of grow 1ml per litre thay showed signs of over watering were the leaf tip droops this was first feed after a slight dry period is that normal or was the feed too strong.

Thanks guys for your help so far :)

#5 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

Could I suggest if you want to try the result of organic fertilisers and that you stick to just that.

house&garden bat special soil is a very heavily fertilised compost, so no feed of any sort should be needed until most of the chemicals have been used.

Why would you want to use a crude chemical fertiliser like Monopotassium phosphate with a pinch of epsom salts, it can be used to grow quite large buds, good for someone wanting to produce quantity rather than quality. I'm not sure anyone would want to smoke it if they had a choice.

If quantity is what you want you can buy it on ebay for a tenth the price of monster bloom. It would be an awful shame to mix it with an organic Ot fertilisers, only my opinion mind.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#6 weedislove

weedislove

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

All recommended by my grow shop so I bought it I am only been growing 3 1/2 months. Why would I use monster bloom? Because I didn't know any diffrent Same with the soil I am quite nieave whole reason for posting in here.:)

Switched from ionic to monster bloom and now pm+ trying to get quality over quantity and don't like the idea of chemicals at all. I bought epsom salts last month haven't needed to use it yet thought its only to be used during mg defficancy.

Any suggestions on what soil to use?

#7 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Compost, the cheapest that receives very good recommendations is JAB multi purpose + JI read this topic! While the base nutrients in JAB are only partly organic, they will have been used by the time you get to flowering when you should start useing an organic nutrient, this gives a very nice sweet smoke.

Personally I use PM+ Soil Supreme compost that only contains natural nutrients, again personally I would not call it organic because it uses peat, but other than that its as organic as it gets. Its more expensive than JAB + I have grown with both PM's. PM's has it for me on bud smoke quality, flavour and all round smokability, I smoke neat, so how bud burns is very important to me a few quid more on compost matters little to me, yields are on par, at the end of the day its down to the smoke you like best, both produce very good quality buds, given good genetics are being grown.

I was not being rude, but all some people are interested in is quantity, I was trying to explain, monster bloom is just Monopotassium phosphate with a pinch of epsom's mixed in, that is all it is, both are cheap to buy if that what you want, I was just trying to give you best advice what ever your choice was.

Grow shops just sell you product, its not about good advice, but mostly about profit, here at uk420 it is about growers, members who mainly provide for their own consumption, they try everything, while opinions will vary, what people say is what works well for them and provides them with quality smoke, if they say, all I need is xxx its the best, they mean it from personal experience..
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#8 weedislove

weedislove

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

I appreciate your input oldtimer and will pick up some PM+ soil as the H&G is quite expensive at 12 quid too rather pay for quality. I dint think you were being rude but being straight to the point that's what I needed :). I understand that answering the same questions constantly can be annoying and thank you for your input.

I had a nute lock out on my last plant and now know it was down to my soil as I was probably feeding it whilst it didn't exhaust the allreay presant nutes. Only grow 4 plants each put in two weeks after eachother on a rotation so I have enough to get me by so if I lose a plant it is quite a disaster.

Thanks oldtimer :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users