• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 chalkywhite

chalkywhite

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hey Skept, when you say your fan is blowing over them, is it blowing air directly over the girls?? With them being so young I'd just use the fans to circulate the air near them rather than blow it over them so they don't transpire too much and end up damaged...

Edited by chalkywhite, 07 April 2012 - 11:40 AM.

#17 skepta

skepta

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hey Skept, when you say your fan is blowing over them, is it blowing air directly over the girls?? With them being so young I'd just use the fans to circulate the air near them rather than blow it over them so they don't transpire too much and end up damaged...

yea its my fan has speed 1 and speed 2. fan is on the ground at pot level and turns left and right to cover the whole area and blows across the plants. thought this was meant to make the stem stronger.

i could raise it a little but then it would be blowing on top of the parabolic reflector not under it.
does over transpiring make the leaves extra dry and scrunched up?

s
make a friend

1st Grow Diary

http://www.uk420.com...1

#18 chalkywhite

chalkywhite

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

As I say skepta, because they're that young at the minute I wouldn't be concentrating overly hard on thickening stems. That can easily be achieved as they get a little older and more hardy. I'd say your main aim at the minute is making sure they're healthy and their environment remains stable.
Are the dry scrunchy leaves on all your girls??
Just the girls near your oscillating fan?
Or even the girls near where you have the fan heater placed blowing warm air in?

#19 skepta

skepta

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

As I say skepta, because they're that young at the minute I wouldn't be concentrating overly hard on thickening stems. That can easily be achieved as they get a little older and more hardy. I'd say your main aim at the minute is making sure they're healthy and their environment remains stable.
Are the dry scrunchy leaves on all your girls??
Just the girls near your oscillating fan?
Or even the girls near where you have the fan heater placed blowing warm air in?

I suppose you might be right. none of them have toppled over or anything. is there any negatives to over transpiring?

perhaps i'll put it on a timer from now so its not on 24/7. heaters outside the tent blowing in from passive intake. temps seem to be ok now i struggled at the start with the cold.

and the scrunched up plant was somewhere in the middle so perhaps could be from too much light def not from the heater or fan end.

p.s they seem to be doing ok. heres a couple of up to date pictures.

s

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.JPG
  • 2.JPG
  • 3.JPG

make a friend

1st Grow Diary

#20 chalkywhite

chalkywhite

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

In honesty Skepta I was just throwing ideas out for you to check. Better safe than sorry really...It's only because your OP said you had the blowing over your girls that I thought it was a possibilty that they could be drying out a wee bit quick. From the looks and sounds of things it was probably just as others have suggested and water droplets have caused the brown spots.
Looks like everythings sweet as now though.
GL with the grow dude... :)

Edited by chalkywhite, 08 April 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#21 skepta

skepta

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

In honesty Skepta I was just throwing ideas out for you to check. Better safe than sorry really...It's only because your OP said you had the blowing over your girls that I thought it was a possibilty that they could be drying out a wee bit quick. From the looks and sounds of things it was probably just as others have suggested and water droplets have caused the brown spots.
Looks like everythings sweet as now though.
GL with the grow dude... :)

any feedback is always welcome bro. its an idea i liked so im going to put my fan on a timer just like the heater so the hot air is not building up in one place and have the extraction turned on aswell on very low speed.

most likely i will probly be back with more problems next week just a beginner so im always willing to learn and share what i know.

cheers for poppin in.

s
make a friend

1st Grow Diary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users