124 replies to this topic

#1 An0m

An0m

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:00 AM

You do.

Now personally I dont conspire, not even theoretically. However, I am entertained by reading the posts of those that believe and follow conpsiracies and would like to be able read this board without coming across things such as "science" and "logic".

Thanks.

Edited by An0m, 14 March 2012 - 02:00 AM.

#2 Hir

Hir

Moonlight becomes you, it goes with your chair

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13852 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

I think a bit of scepticism is a good thing, it's the cynicism that drains me.

peace ,  lightlove

#3 pssst over here

pssst over here

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

I agree with Hir, A bit of respectful scepticism can get a good debate going. I'm not adverse to a bit of rib tickling either but when the rib ticklee doesn't see the funny side then I think the rib ticklers should point out that they are only jesting while making a point about X,Y or indeed Z. :yinyang:

E2a: @ An0m lol

Edited by pssst over here, 14 March 2012 - 02:12 AM.

"Artists use lies to tell the truth, while politicians use them to cover the truth up." - V for Vendetta.

#4 solarchild

solarchild

In the smoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3804 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:15 AM

mmmm. Sometimes I'd agree with you man. When they are entertaining it does spoil it a bit when peeps aretrying to debunk stuff that is not really in need of debunking. I'm thinking of the dafter ones.
On other subjects though- when there is a bit more of an argument to be had then it's great to have cynics involved argueing like fuck. the 9,11 thread for example. I think most people would say that there is something wrong with the official story without being completely on the side that says the lizards/jews/aliens did it and so there is a debate there. Ignoring some of the more mental stuff theres quite a lot of interesting info in there coming from peeps on both sides.

Some of the other threads though I do wonder what the point of posting to argue with logic and science is because they are frankly bizzare. If it feels like a debate- sure why not, if it's like shooting fish in a barrel- dont bother.
God will protect his children from the plagues, we might have to go into our bedrooms with lovers and bring a big stash and just stay in the bed until its all over. Thats gods recommendation i believe, in psalms.

gen131

#5 pssst over here

pssst over here

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:21 AM

says the lizards/jews/aliens did it

I feckin knew it, the bastards,
"Artists use lies to tell the truth, while politicians use them to cover the truth up." - V for Vendetta.

#6 Gypsygreen

Gypsygreen

Unslaved

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:33 AM

I agree, all too often I read someone bringing up a new idea, and that is what it is...an idea, and he he immediantly beset upon by other members demanding proof and science.

Its not so much the sceptacism, its the approach I think. You dont want people to be afraid to use this board.
2010 Grow diary
2011 Grow Diary
2012 Grow Diary

"Your mind is like a parachute...it dosn't work unless its open" -Graham Hancock

#7 strawberry

strawberry

<<>>

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4253 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:41 AM

You do.

Now personally I dont conspire, not even theoretically. However, I am entertained by reading the posts of those that believe and follow conpsiracies and would like to be able read this board without coming across things such as "science" and "logic".

Thanks.

I really like Conspiracy Theories, but I like ones that take more than five seconds to realise that they're rubbish.

I don't want: 'Thatcher's first initial was 'M', an 'M' upside-down is a 'W', 'W' is the first letter of 'what if Cameron was a lizard lover?'.

I appreciate that the conspiracy theorists don't have much room to move in, but the quality has been really poor lately.

I want fuzzy pics of Chris Patten handing over Hong Kong and explaining how it'll lead to a need for a plane to attempt a landing in the twin towers.

#8 bazzad9

bazzad9

comfortably numb

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10304 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

if some one makes a claim or has an idea i see no problem with asking for some evidence or asking why someone thinks the way they do

if you dont want ideas challenged dont post them on a discussion board would be my answer

some conspiracy theorys are interesting and produce good discussions ,and even a way of learning ,debunking stuff is a good way of learning about that thing .you have to research it .

if i posted a could grow ten foot lowryders in four weeks and yield half a ton would you accept it or would you want to ask some questions for me to back up that claim ?

or if i said cannabis kills

conspiracy theorys are no different

if someone beleives X and you can show X is false is it wrong to point it out when its posted as fact with little or no research ?

:smokin:

#9 hydro2

hydro2

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2114 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

if i posted a could grow ten foot lowryders in four weeks and yield half a ton

Your a shady twat B, come on tell us how, imagine keeping this from us all...Bastid. :guitar:

H2
Don't look for the light at the end of the tunnel, run up there & switch the fucker on yourself.

GLP & SLH diary.

#10 bazzad9

bazzad9

comfortably numb

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10304 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

Your a shady twat B, come on tell us how, imagine keeping this from us all...Bastid. :guitar:

H2

Healing crystals on every corner of my growroom mate :smokin:

Don't tell everyone though

#11 Ishmael

Ishmael

thanks for the avatar Deez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11149 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:08 AM

H2

Healing crystals on every corner of my growroom mate :smokin:

Don't tell everyone though

Increase yields with no extra effort! Visit my website www.pyramidgrowtents.com

"I was like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."

Isaac Newton

#12 Jay Toker

Jay Toker

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

"I dont conspire, not even theoretically" might be my favorite thread opening sentence of all time.

I agree though, skepticism is a good thing. But at the same time, you dont see the CT's over on the Science and Logic board derailing threads do you.

Edited by Jay Toker, 14 March 2012 - 10:23 AM.

I'm on a computer

#13 Archangel

Archangel

Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7809 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

Skeptics ruin this board

No they don't, Bazzad just debunked that theory.

#14 CJ...CJ

CJ...CJ

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

I agree very much ... they only comment to start disagreement :wallbash:
yes ok this stimulates discussion..... but why ask for proof and science when its a conspiarcy THEORY
the reason why its a theory is because its and idea with limited access to evidence if people had full access to the information we conspire we would have all they evidence and science they need !!

#15 Cursed

Cursed

Drone Whore

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3838 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

I agree very much ... they only comment to start disagreement :wallbash:
yes ok this stimulates discussion..... but why ask for proof and science when its a conspiarcy THEORY
the reason why its a theory is because its and idea with limited access to evidence if people had full access to the information we conspire we would have all they evidence and science they need !!

yeah but a lot of conspiracy is presnted as FACT and people who say otherwise are labelled a sheeple. If you present an idea on a public forum then every poster has a right to be skeptical and call bullshit, sorry if people feels that ruins discussion but I don't think it does.

Edited by Cursed, 14 March 2012 - 01:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users