• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 teoborg

teoborg

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

I'm growing outside in containers on soil. I've heard the benefits on growing in coco, is that possible to do that in containers outside? Or is it more wise to mix some coco fibres with normal soil mixture? Any thoughts?
A healthy conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory

#2 SexiSarh

SexiSarh

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

No I wouldn't try coco outside.

#3 _Wizard_Ovanoz_

_Wizard_Ovanoz_
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

I don't see why not, but you would have to water a lot and more.

As for mixing coco with compost I would say NO!

Its either coco or compost, one or the other :yep:

Atb,

Wizard_Ovanoz........:magic:

#4 I Zimbra

I Zimbra

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

Some composts need lightening up so coco is good for this I'd chuck a bit of sand in there aswell just be sure to mix it all in well together. Your mix won't be as strong as it was so your feeding may change so just keep an eye in it but I expect you to see an improvement in your plants just as I did.
I was asked in my local shop what I grew in as I'd asked for a decent organic grow, I told him I mix coco with compost and he said I should never do that! I thought well I been doing it ages and with better results than using either straight, got pissed off with him and the shop as they don't know what the fuck they're talking about! Payed over the odds for my nutrient and told myself I'd never go in there again! But I have!
"Booze!" he shouted. at first I didn't know what he meant. I watched the massive hog breasting through the grass. "Holly Christ," he said "Thats Booze."

#5 silvester growdrobe

silvester growdrobe

Dancefloor Destroyer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1698 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

I mix coco with compost for my chillis. Makes it looser and faster draining. It certainly isn't a necessity, but it's an alternative to using things like perlite.
As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.
-Albert Einstein

#6 HappySADhu

HappySADhu

Bom Shiva !

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:48 AM

head over to the Guerilla section bro.. many guys use coco outdoors with no probs at all & you can mix it with many things

:skin_up:

e2a:: any particular reason you wouldnt use coco outdoors SexiSarh ? just trying to get you of your 666th post :yinyang:

Edited by HappySADhu, 25 February 2012 - 12:50 AM.

Gang Bhang 2012 GG

To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human..
"We should have a dope-a-thon. You know try to raise money for like all the people that lost their crops."

#7 _papaduc_

_papaduc_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:21 AM

As for mixing coco with compost I would say NO!

Its either coco or compost, one or the other :yep:

It's funny how many things you would say NO! to, without having the slightest clue whether there's anything wrong with the idea.

To the op, coco is fine to mix with compost. In fact some already have it in. It makes watering easier and adds air to the mix. I use it mixed into the top layer of compost because the compost alone repels water at first and is a pain in the arse to handwater when you're used to coco.

#8 qualitynotquantity

qualitynotquantity

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:57 AM

also thought coco fibre had the friendly fungi, bacteria. im not 100% on that mind but if true surely good thing to add to an organic soil mix.

#9 No feet

No feet

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:01 AM

I use vermicompost with my coco mix, I swear by it.

#10 christopher99

christopher99

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

I would like to suggest you can use coco and soil mix together. This is good for your pants…

#11 Wils35

Wils35

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

I was recommended by the guy in grow shop to mix 70% PM soil supreme with 30% PM coco coir, but I'm adjusting it a little to make my own mix;

60% PM soil supreme
20% PM coco coir
20% Plagron worm humus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users