• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#91 unbroken

unbroken

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

Im about to start off some seedlings in pm soil and ot nutes. The nute guide specifies only 2 weeks for veg, what should I do for 8-10 weeks of veg?

#92 Budelaire

Budelaire

Caveat Venditor

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10447 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

when potting the pots up the plant should be kept happy with the fresh soil, even plant magic's soil supreme, which is very low regards base nute levels.

After the final pot on, around 7-14 days afterwards, the plant should have used everything available to it and will require feeding every watering from then on, you would keep them on the same dose of grow until you flip.

:yinyang:

Edited by Budelaire, 28 January 2012 - 12:17 AM.

Smottie Remixed Testers & Smellyberry/Casey jones

#93 Our Man In Malana

Our Man In Malana

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:40 AM

Im about to start off some seedlings in pm soil and ot nutes. The nute guide specifies only 2 weeks for veg, what should I do for 8-10 weeks of veg?

That's the last two weeks of veg (when you've stuck them in their final pots, 2-3 weeks of rooting & into flowering)

If they need any feeding before then, 2ml/litre works about fine. You should be chucking the root stim (I use maxicrop) and the bio-silicon on all through vegging, it really pays off later in flower when your monster colas don't nosedive to the floor :D
A quarter pound of ishen is a dollar ten cent, I get so high I can't pay my rent.

#94 Pumpkin Head

Pumpkin Head

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

I was confused as hell which soil to get and what line of neuts. I was going to go with biobizz range of soil & neuts but i've been reading bad stuff about them. Then some awesome people in chat explained to me more about plant magic. I'm deffo going to use there line-up now. What i'll b buying is:

Plant magic soil x2
PM OT grow & bloom
PM Granules

I might buy PM Root stim & PM bio-silicon in the small bottles and try them out too. But if I have anymore questions i'll pop them in here. Thanks UK420 & Plant Magic!

I would add a bottle of Veg Boost to your shopping list as well, from what I understand it benefits the granuals when veg boost is used. It's potent stuff & not much needs to be used.

#95 unbroken

unbroken

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

I noticed that I have been using the full strength 3ml/L Catalyst and 1.5ml/L Bio Silicon as per the bottle, while the OT grow schedule recommends 0.5ml/L Bio Silicon and 1ml/L Catalyst.

What would be the effects of too much bio silicon and catalyst?

My plants are 11 days into veg

#96 DaChunky1

DaChunky1

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3029 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Is there a shelf life to OT1 Bloom?
Ive just found a sticker with 25/11/2011 on my bottle. I presume this is either when it was made or when its out of date :unsure:

DC1 :smokin:

Edited by DaChunky1, 15 March 2012 - 11:45 AM.

#97 Floyd

Floyd

wing it

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5231 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

I noticed that I have been using the full strength 3ml/L Catalyst and 1.5ml/L Bio Silicon as per the bottle, while the OT grow schedule recommends 0.5ml/L Bio Silicon and 1ml/L Catalyst.

What would be the effects of too much bio silicon and catalyst?

My plants are 11 days into veg

Hey mate, its best to only use bio silicon on its own, OTs recommendation.
He uses it as a drench the day after he waters.

You don't need much, ever, and stop after 3 weeks of flowing. :)
Floyd's Shed

Don't remind the world that it is suffering and bound, remind the world it is beautiful and free.

#98 GUMBALL69

GUMBALL69

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Here is a schedule oldtimer has put together to cover fertilized mediums (multi purpose etc) as well as lightly or non fertilized mediums (Soil Supreme etc).

The top part is for our lightly fertilized mediums and the one below it is for the full fertilized stuff.

Oldtimer also reccomends to cut out the BioSilicon @ the end of week 4 NOT week 5 as in the schedule below.

Im using multi purpose compost.. i see by the 'guide' that there are 2 sets of week 1 and 2. what does this mean?

#99 L'Emmerdeur

L'Emmerdeur

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5314 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

Im using multi purpose compost.. i see by the 'guide' that there are 2 sets of week 1 and 2. what does this mean?

The first set of weeks 1 and 2 indicates the last couple of weeks of vegging (growth), before you flip to 12/12.

The second is the start of the 12/12 flowering period (bloom).

If you are using a mp compost you'll probably want to follow the guidelines for a fully fertilised medium (the second two rows in the linked schedule), ie. you won't need to start feeding until you switch to 12/12, and then at a lower level than if you were using a light mix compost like the PM supreme.

Bear in mind that it's not set in stone and you'll need to adjust your feeding regime according to how your plants are growing.

#100 Gumbo

Gumbo

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Have just received my Grow and Bloom and both appear to be out of date,4/5/12 and 26/6/12 respectively.Is this anything I need to be worried about and if still good to use at what point after it's sell by date would you recommend it's used by?Cheers. :smokin:

Gumbo.
Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number,Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you Ye are many they are few.

#101 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

I think you will find its when it was packed.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#102 Gumbo

Gumbo

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Cheers for the response.It means a lot,knowing of your eyesight problems at the moment,that you are still taking the time and trouble to even read let alone answer quite trivial queries.Thankyou OT1.

Speedy recovery,Gumbo.
Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number,Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you Ye are many they are few.

#103 MD84

MD84

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2220 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

well my girl has been in flower about 2 weeks now and i think i'll give her the first feed today. she's been in he final pot for about 3 weeks now and is still nice and dark (all mix), although i noticed some very slight yellowing of the lower leaves so was thinking to give her 1ml ltr today? and as she's already 2 weeks in and not doing too bad for N, i'm thinking i should be ok with just the ot1 bloom without any fish mix'grow feeds to boost N levels

#104 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38042 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

I don't know if this has been covered in this thread already ~ sorry if so ~ but using Bio-silicone at 1ml per litre up to week 5 of Flowering is surely wrong? It will lead to bad burning and a harsh taste. I'm told , and have found in experience, that 1/2ml per litre up to week 3 is much better. Oh yes, indeed it it.

Time this was corrected, No? :yes:

People will be going wrong if they follow this? Just my opinion, but I'll lay a fiver I'm right.

#105 snatch

snatch

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2433 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

I don't know if this has been covered in this thread already ~ sorry if so ~ but using Bio-silicone at 1ml per litre up to week 5 of Flowering is surely wrong? It will lead to bad burning and a harsh taste. I'm told , and have found in experience, that 1/2ml per litre up to week 3 is much better. Oh yes, indeed it it.

Time this was corrected, No? :yes:

People will be going wrong if they follow this? Just my opinion, but I'll lay a fiver I'm right.

i use bio silicone at 1/2 ml per litre until flower the i stop in the first week of flower :wassnnme:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users