11 replies to this topic

#1 ramblingmadman

ramblingmadman

seeker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3682 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:07 AM

made my first bho a couple of days ago.
BUT only left it for about an hour b4 using it ....
....very very strong , and tasty too.

Wondered how long it should (in a perfect world) be left before using.

Thanks folks ,
ps how do you lot use it . I tried spread all over a skin , and a j built inside , but better was spread over a bud , and budbombed.

thanks
peace
geeeep
more p'lice , more guns,but there's no more weed.....so please-grow them trees.
"To see the priority of love and well-being breaking down silly barriers put up by foolish men."
Cognitive liberty for all

#2 mudkipz

mudkipz

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:11 AM

Hi, I've never really cured BHO, I pretty much just get smoking, maybe freeze/thaw it a few times.
I find the best way to smoke it is smear it on a gauze then in a pipe or bong...
I wonder if curing it would help, and if so, how? don't get how you could really cure that gooey mess...
Also, it's pretty nice if you miz it with some dry sifted resin and handpress mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mudkipz

#3 ramblingmadman

ramblingmadman

seeker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3682 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

hey mud,
you'r as impatient as me .
I was told by headshop geeza that bho is cured as you say by freezing , thawing ,freezing thawing etc .
He also said it'll get darker as it cures.
I understood this to be a way of ensuring theres no butane left in it.

next time im going to mmake a mix of bho and the golddust at the bottom of grinder .
btw is one can of gass enuff?
because after id done it when i emptied the honeybee, there seemed to be a load of crystal inside .
Is it possible to run another can through the bho-ed material?
(or worth the 2.5 quid im paying for zero impurity butane)

peace
"To see the priority of love and well-being breaking down silly barriers put up by foolish men."

#4 mudkipz

mudkipz

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:22 AM

Well, for the amount of butane if you google it you should find some informaton on how much gas to pass through because it depends on how much is in there and the initial quality. The crystals still in there will be stripped of all the psychoactive content because it is dissolved in solvent(butane).

I don't know if there is any way to get ALL of the butane out, but what are you lighting you joint/bong/pipe with anyway? butane isn't good for you but if you're already using a butane lighter any butane content in the hash is going to be negligible.
it's all ever so sciencey

mudkipz

#5 chris7

chris7

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:46 AM

Well, for the amount of butane if you google it you should find some informaton on how much gas to pass through because it depends on how much is in there and the initial quality. The crystals still in there will be stripped of all the psychoactive content because it is dissolved in solvent(butane).

I don't know if there is any way to get ALL of the butane out, but what are you lighting you joint/bong/pipe with anyway? butane isn't good for you but if you're already using a butane lighter any butane content in the hash is going to be negligible.
it's all ever so sciencey

mudkipz

hi, quick question, so butane definetley makes a difference bonging?I thought i was just me being a fussy fuck using matches, i figured maybe lower burning temperature so easier to get the bong lit without actually setting fire to the grinded bud main reason why i use matches but always thought a slight sore throat with lighter, also on the butane i usually freeze mine twice then to thaw just place in boiling water, then add dry sifted and roll into ball but still rough, but strong.

#6 ramblingmadman

ramblingmadman

seeker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3682 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:51 AM

cigar affiicionados WONT USE GAS LIGHTERS,
only matches ,
also bubbas will only light chillums with matches.

Butane lighters appaerntly damage flavour of cigars.

(but I do use a clipper.........)

#7 mudkipz

mudkipz

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:53 AM

Butane can cause headaches, nerve damage and a lot of other healt problems. There is a company that makes hemp & bees wax wicks that are the best thing I've found, expensive though, I got through one every week or so.
Your other option is to get some hemp string and coat it with bees wax, should be cheaper

mudkipz

#8 ramblingmadman

ramblingmadman

seeker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3682 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:15 PM

was gonna add another thread , but this 'll do.

NOOOB questions about bho

1.i have a honeybee , but its made of plastic , will butane eventually 'eat' the plastic , and therefore will i be smoking plastic extract?
2. How much butane to use?
3. can i rerun previously bho-ed trim?
4. budder is this really just whippedup bho?or is stg added
5 for jelly what sort of proportions bho-dry sift?
6.is it worth freezing trim b4 bho-ing ?
7. does dried trim work better?
8 is it worth doing a dry sift b4 bho-ing?(or will i end up with about the same amount of product?)
9.apart from smearing on a rizla or bud , how do folks use their bho?

cheers lads/ladies
peace

#9 mudkipz

mudkipz

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

1.i have a honeybee , but its made of plastic , will butane eventually 'eat' the plastic , and therefore will i be smoking plastic extract?

I don't think so, but I don't know. I've probably done 15+ runs and no problems. Worst comes to worst get a cafetiere

2. How much butane to use?

A can usually does the trick but this should give you a rough idea

Plant Material-|-Recommended amount Butane-|-Estimated Yield
1oz High quality bud-|-12oz-|-3-6g
1oz Average bud-|-10oz-|-2-4g
1oz low grade bud-|-9oz-|-2-3g
1oz high quality trim leaves-|-12oz-|-3-5g
1oz trim & leaves-|-10oz-|-2-4g
1oz fan leaves-|-8oz-|-1-2g

3. can i rerun previously bho-ed trim?

Yes, but its generally not worth it, lower yeild and quality

4. budder is this really just whippedup bho?or is stg added

Nothing added, just a little heat, check out the SuburbanGrowBrothers threads for that

5 for jelly what sort of proportions bho-dry sift?

50-50 works great

6.is it worth freezing trim b4 bho-ing ?

The butane is lower than 0C so no, it shouldnt matter.

7. does dried trim work better?

Trim MUST be dry otherwise it comes through in the butane as impurities etc

8 is it worth doing a dry sift b4 bho-ing?(or will i end up with about the same amount of product?)

I ike to dry sift, then BHO, then mix the two, that way you've gott all that you can and its easy to smoke.

9.apart from smearing on a rizla or bud , how do folks use their bho?

As above really, smear it on a gauze, lots of folks got lots of methods.

E2A Hope that helps
E3 clearer layout

mudkipz

Edited by mudkipz, 12 August 2009 - 03:38 PM.

#10 ramblingmadman

ramblingmadman

seeker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3682 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

mud,
thanks so much.
you seem to be my bho mentor .
Pure appreciation flying your way bro.

peace
(one day mebbe i can offer you a toot on my products)

geeeep

#11 mudkipz

mudkipz

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

Thats cool man, no probs, I'd be looking more towards the SGB's, they've made some of the nicest BHO I've seen... and their photography is excellent.

TBH I'd be ashamed to offer anyone on here much that I've grown/processed, I've got the book smarts but really, I havent got the setup/funds to do what I want. At least my flatmate just got some money so we're building a DWC setup which should be a little more productive than my broke-ass attempts at soil with home made compost teas.
Anyway, I digress, I think my next attempt with BHO may be some cooking IF I can get it clean enough, I don't fancy eating/drinking butane impurities...

Glad I've been useful

mudkipz

#12 SpoJo

SpoJo

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:37 PM

I'm partial to a toot off've foil myself-partly cos i can easily heat her up to drive off any H2O/remnants of butane,&partly cos I cantake it out of the freezer,break a wee blim off,set her on the foil&chase that green dragon&theres no faffing about getting stuck to everything. Other times I just set it in some ash in the bowl&melt it before smoking as usual or occasionally put it on used .vaporised weed,then put that back in the Vapir &vape as normal.
You'll see it get darker as you chase it&eventually becoming black almost like commercial oil,though it keeps that grassy taste&the secret seems to be to refreeze it when it gets too warm & sticky as this makes it a hell of a lot easier to handle!
Hope thats given you some ideas, BHO really is the dogs balls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users