21 replies to this topic

#1 sloanation

sloanation

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:01 PM

Hello,

new to the forum, used to post on reefermanseeds.com... but the forum disapeared a while ago for some reason, strange.

bought 5 feminised himalayan gold, from greenhouse. (seems alot of people are doing big bang/church etc on here)

all seeds cracked a few days back, all out of the soil now and just shooting out the first single serated blades. using canna pro mix in small pots.

also have 2 random bagseed plants that are about ten days ahead of the himalayan.

in the process of finding a good outdoor spot for these lot, i'll take some photos in a week or so (who wants to look at a few tiny sprouts :rofl: )

I hear we are supposed to be having a very good summer this year aswell!

Looking forward to seeing how some of your crops turn out.

#2 BadRedEye

BadRedEye

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:12 PM

Hi sloanation,

Am thinking of doing himalayan gold too, plus the church and a.m.s for my first ever grow. Glad to hear that all 5 of your seeds have cracked. Am currently in the process of finding a good stealthy spot but every time I think that av found one I notice or smell dog shit. God damn dog walkers are everywhere!!

I still need to order my seeds yet from greenhouse, how did you pay for them and how long did they take to arrive?

Happy Growing B)
"Life's a bitch and then you die; that's why we get high
Cause you never know when you're gonna go"

#3 sloanation

sloanation

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:24 PM

Hi sloanation,

Am thinking of doing himalayan gold too, plus the church and a.m.s for my first ever grow. Glad to hear that all 5 of your seeds have cracked. Am currently in the process of finding a good stealthy spot but every time I think that av found one I notice or smell dog shit. God damn dog walkers are everywhere!!

I still need to order my seeds yet from greenhouse, how did you pay for them and how long did they take to arrive?

Happy Growing B)

yo man, i've had my eye on himalayan gold for years! as soon as i heard they were selling feminised ones i couldnt resist!

ams looks interesting, mold resistant yea.. but i wonder if the smoke/yield is any good.

you need to trek abit further away to find a good spot, away from footpaths etc. i live in the city so this is a chore! ;)

i got my seeds from the local headshop, didnt have to order them off the net. i payed 25 for 5 seeds, just order them from a uk seed shop, instead of holland.. will prob be delivered faster!

but yea himalayan is supposed to be the business outside, so go buy some seeds. and we can compare later in the season!

getting fairly late to be starting seeds now, so best buy sooner rather than later if you ask me.

good luck

#4 BadRedEye

BadRedEye

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:18 PM

Yeh mate am curious about the ams which is why I thought id give it a go. I live in the fookin country side and am still struggling to find a solid spot, or maybe am just being too cautious. Most of the large open land is owned by farmers and I dont fancy being on the wrong end of shotgun.

I wasn't planning on planting out until mid may so I think Ive still got time to order some and get em germed. Also im paranoid about ordering with my card especially in the UK and so would rather out source and pay with cash.

Ill be keeping a close eye on your grow cos like I said its my first time so Ill be droppin in time to time to compare growth :unsure: Two heads are better than one as they say.

Happy Growing B)
"Life's a bitch and then you die; that's why we get high
Cause you never know when you're gonna go"

#5 weedineed

weedineed

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:22 PM

welcome to uk420!
goodluck on your diary i will watch this as i too have looked at them before but wasnt sure if they were any good.
hope we have nice weather this year my babies need all the sun they can get lol

#6 GradyTripp

GradyTripp

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

Hello mate,

good luck with your grow.

I've got 5 little fem'd Himalaya Gold on the go too. They're about 3 inches high and rising.

I really like the sound of the HGs and they seemed very easy to grow.

Hope we have a great summer and we all get a cracking crop.

Peace.

#7 sloanation

sloanation

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:23 AM

good stuff man, will be good to see how they turn out!

i've already noticed the first serated leaves are very chunky! ...almost rounded. quite vigorous little seedlings, roots at the bottom of their pots already.

thinking of gettin a low watt fluoro desk lamp to whack these under for a few extra hours in the evenings, gettin a good 7 odd hours of direct sunlight atm. also tend to stretch less under fluoros i find.

#8 GradyTripp

GradyTripp

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:42 AM

good stuff man, will be good to see how they turn out!

i've already noticed the first serated leaves are very chunky! ...almost rounded. quite vigorous little seedlings, roots at the bottom of their pots already.

thinking of gettin a low watt fluoro desk lamp to whack these under for a few extra hours in the evenings, gettin a good 7 odd hours of direct sunlight atm. also tend to stretch less under fluoros i find.

Sounds like a good idea. Mine are very stretched at the moment and they tend to have the rounded out leaves like yours.

Mine are leaning a bit, too. I might give them a bit of support.

I'm sure it will all grow out well. Very early days yet.

#9 sloanation

sloanation

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

mine are standing up fine, just rotate them occasionally as they bend towards the sun. gettin abit of wind on them to strengthen them abit.

fairly stetchy so far, almost taller than my older seedlings! even though they are about ten days behind!

one of the seedlings is abit of a freak, leaves are abit mutated, not as rounded as the rest.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/sloanation/Image048.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/sloanation/Image049.jpg

you can see how rounded the leaves are! never seen them like that before.

#10 sloanation

sloanation

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

*edit fuck up*

Edited by sloanation, 02 May 2009 - 02:22 PM.

#11 weedineed

weedineed

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:39 PM

looking good mate im in the same sort of boat. ie seedling stages. not growing gold though but goodluck anyway will pop back from time to time.

#12 sloanation

sloanation

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:19 PM

looking good mate im in the same sort of boat. ie seedling stages. not growing gold though but goodluck anyway will pop back from time to time.

yea cool, what seeds you got going?

i'll post some more pics when theres abit more plant to look at :spliff:

wondering when to start feeding these, normally dont bother until they are much more established.. but this canna soil has minimal nutrient in it so i hear.

#13 sloanation

sloanation

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:38 AM

couple of pics...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/sloanation/Image077.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/sloanation/Image079.jpg

Noticed the single leaves are 'waving', had this in the past... im guessing its because im not ph'ing my tapwater.. doesnt seem to do them much harm anyway.

quite leggy seedlings for an indica

the shorter, but more developed bagseed plants are doing good, no leaf waving either for some reason.

get a good few hours wind on them each day, gettin them abit stronger. they're smelling abit green already.

#14 sloanation

sloanation

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:42 AM

Few photos.

They've grown a fair bit, quite stretchy which i was expecting... i'm gonna pinch all the tops out before i put them in the ground..and bury the stalks fairly deep also.

I've found a patch and dug some 2 fairly big holes for a couple, will put other somewhere else.

My two unknown plants have both turned out to be female, both showing female flowers. So i have seven girls in total. :wink:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/sloanation/Image059.jpg
Group shot, the five plants in the centre are all h-gold, two either end are the randoms.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/sloanation/Image077-1.jpg
Just the h-golds

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/sloanation/Image078.jpg
h-golds

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/sloanation/Image066.jpg
unknown sativa looking fem plant

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/sloanation/Image060.jpg
unknown indica style fem plant, side view (really like the look of this one, quite stocky and vigorous.. good shape)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/sloanation/Image065.jpg
unknown indica top view.

All plants have recently been repotted into 1.5 litre pots, in westland+ compost, which is supposed to be great for root development.

Plants have been fed minimal feed prior to repotting, a few ml of 'Ferro' organic grow nutes per litre of water.

The h-gold are all smelling really warm and skunky :ouch: strong aroma seeing as they are still vegging. stalks thickening up nicely, they've been exposed to the wind alot outside.

Wonder what size these will be come october? The biggest must be around 18 inches at the moment, i'd guess. Hopefully when i pinch them out they should bush nicely... i dont want 6ft+ plants swaying about in the fields! :rofl:

Should get a couple outdoors this week, will use ground soil and westland+ to fill in my pre-dug holes... that should do them fine up until they start forming buds, at which point i will either feed them some organic bloom nutrients and/or add some suitable organic stuff as a top layer of soil.

Holes are about 18 inches across and around 20 inches deep... that should do the trick?

Any comments/advice welcome.

Cheers.

#15 smeagol

smeagol

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2675 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:02 AM

i'd say no advice needed sloan .. my comments would be .. "lovely looking healthy plants" .. think you'll be pulling some nice bud come autumn .. :yep: :punk:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users