202 replies to this topic

#136 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38250 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

The organic schedule says to use biosilicon until week 5 of flowering, in my opinion it should not be used after week 3 of flowering as it effects the burn and taste quality of the finished buds, used to week 3 there is no effect on burn or taste, the later it is used after week 3 the more it starts to effect the burn quality. The chemical soil schedule says to use until week 8, this is just wrong IMHO if you want the best tasting and clean burning buds, if your only aim is yield then use it to the end.

Biosilicon is a totally brilliant product, when used with discretion it can greatly enhance the crop, helps strengthen the plant improve terpene, aroma and resin production. :smoke:

I struggled with BS, and then stopped using it. Having read carefully through this thread I now realise I made two big mistakes, which proved both disastrous and costly :(

Mistake A: I used way too much. For some reason I do not understand, I was using it at 5ml to the Litre! NO!!!!! I then toned it down to 2Ml or so to the Litre. :shock: Am I stupid or am I stupid? Anyhow..... that's what I did. Do NOT follow my example! :woot:

Mistake B: I used it right to the end. NO! Yes! But NO, Don't do this!

Result of Mistakes A & B: The most god-awful burn and taste imaginable. It was hard to light the spliff at all, but once lit the taste was really rather unpleasant. Not at all what one wants. Spliffs once lit were prone to go out straight away. The ash was darkest grey, almost black and very hard. It was nigh impossible at times to dislodge the ash pile from the spliff, it was so hard and brick-like. The hit was as ever, good - but oh my God, the taste was hideous and the smoking experience not nice. Not nice at all.

Conclusion: Don't follow me, Do follow oldtimer1!
Always a good idea, but especially so in this case. I intend to start using this gear properly as from now. I have a load of cuts and seedlings that are just perfect for another experiment.

Hang on, the dose ... it was ... what? Oh yeah, 10ml per Litre, that's it .... excellent!

:wassnnme:

;)

#137 lovin' Mary

lovin' Mary

I found the Pot at the end of the rainbow then smoked it

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

After reading the thread i'm sold gonna buy a bottle for my next grow!

Auto's love airpots

http://www.uk420.com...c=315454&page=1

Can't Stop Won't Stop

#138 Cursed

Cursed

Drone Whore

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3772 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

I have to be honest arnold i did read a couple of posts suggesting you didn't rate the bs and i couldn't understand it as i always see improvments overnight after using it, thicker stems, healthier looking plants. I understand why now lol.

#139 Floyd

Floyd

wing it

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5231 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

My seedlings are 11 days old and are loving BS, thriving! Awesome stuff! :)
Floyd's Shed

Don't remind the world that it is suffering and bound, remind the world it is beautiful and free.

#140 Zion

Zion

Functional Stoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Must have started early on the Blues that day Arnie! lol Give it another go m8.

Zion86

"Happiness In life depends upon the quality of your thoughts" ....Marcus Aurelius..

#141 L'Emmerdeur

L'Emmerdeur

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5314 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

I was using it at 5ml to the Litre!

:woot:

No wonder you didn't get on with it.

Edited by L'Emmerdeur, 02 March 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#142 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9803 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

Always a good idea, but especially so in this case. I intend to start using this gear properly as from now. I have a load of cuts and seedlings that are just perfect for another experiment.

Hang on, the dose ... it was ... what? Oh yeah, 10ml per Litre, that's it .... excellent!

;)

Frigging heck Arnie, I bet you needed an axe to chop those buds up and a blow lamp to burn them :ouch:

I've been saying from the outset, told everyone including PM 1ml per 2 litres works wonders and don't use after week 3 of flowering, not sure how many times I've typed it and said it face to face, for some unknown reason no one seems to take it in.

Other tip always shake well before use otherwise you get sedimentation, if not used often, a glass marble in the bottle helps to get everything back into suspension.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#143 Thunder Fist

Thunder Fist

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

I've read that its best using organic nutes immidiately after mixing them up. Does this apply to bio-silicon too or could I use some I mixed up about 12 hrs ago? I'm watering seedlings at the moment with 0.25ml/litre and they're needing watered at different times.

#144 Joint hogger

Joint hogger

Pissed Off Bigtime

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5512 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:24 AM

havent used it on seedlings myself, i normally wait till the plant has a few sets of leafs
& has been potted up to a 1 ltr pot before i use BS.

if you cant mix up smaller amounts of feed, you can get away with using something like a whisk
to aerate the water or you can use an air pump & air stone.

#145 Thunder Fist

Thunder Fist

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

Cheers mate. Ill use my pump and airstone in future. I used it on 1 week old seedlings there and they've all responded really well. Had a few stalked up cause they were falling over and 12 hrs later they were upright and rigid and proper healthy looking.

#146 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38250 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

;)

Frigging heck Arnie, I bet you needed an axe to chop those buds up and a blow lamp to burn them :ouch:

Hi mate, you're not wrong there! Impossible to light, it was like I'd rolled a spliff with a lead core! The ash was jet black and hit the ashtray with a "Klonk!" every time. Lesson learned! Now there is a big bit of paper on the Grow Room door saying "Silicone .... 1Ml max per Litre, by order Oldtimer1!"

I've been saying from the outset, told everyone including PM 1ml per 2 litres works wonders and don't use after week 3 of flowering, not sure how many times I've typed it and said it face to face, for some unknown reason no one seems to take it in.

:woot:
lol Frustrating, isn't it?!
Well, I've at least read you right this time oldtimer my friend! I just dosed two seedling with it the other day, and I swear they look belligerent if not downright and rudely aggressive as a result! I think i can hear them growling at me.... Grrrrrrr! Really, they look so.... Robust today!

Do you use it on your Mums at all oldtimer? I was thinking that maybe Mums don't want such strong stems? Or have I got that arse-about-tip, as usual?!

Edited by Arnold Layne, 06 March 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#147 twigs

twigs

?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7472 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

i love the stuff

turns your plants in to Dr David Banner on a bad day.. :flex:

:stoned:

link - Cannabis shown to reduce invasiveness of cancer - National Cancer Institute

The lethal dose ratio (LD-50) for cannabis is estimated to be around 1:20,000 to 1:40,000 which means you have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much cannabis as is contained in one cannabis joint to induce death. This means you would have to consume something like 1,500 lbs in 15 minutes to induce a lethal response. There are no known fatalities from the substance and it is considered non- toxic...

...''First they ignore you; then they mock you; then they punish you; then you win."
Mahatma Ghandi

#148 -=DrGreenThumb=-

-=DrGreenThumb=-

Natural Mystic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3782 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

Other tip always shake well before use otherwise you get sedimentation, if not used often, a glass marble in the bottle helps to get everything back into suspension.

Hi mate, you're not wrong there! Impossible to light, it was like I'd rolled a spliff with a lead core! The ash was jet black and hit the ashtray with a "Klonk!" every time. Lesson learned! Now there is a big bit of paper on the Grow Room door saying "Silicone .... 1Ml max per Litre, by order Oldtimer1!"

Hope that's just a typo mate, he's saying half a ml per litre. :thumsup: :smokin:

:yinyang:

#149 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38250 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

Thanks for that, yes, it was indeed a typo and I am sorry if I've misled anyone.

#150 Cannabis Kid

Cannabis Kid

Still Veggin'

• PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

This product is a must. My plants are spindly compared to last time where I was using the bio-silicon!

I miss my bio-silicon :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users