#1 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:36 PM

plant_magic_bio_silicon_4_w.jpg

BioSilicon is specially formulated for soil / compost applications containing a unique blend of humic and silicate to ensure optimum availability.
BioSilicon will strengthen the cell walls of plants resulting in the following:
• Improved photosynthetic activity
• Increased yields
• Stronger stems and stalks
• Improved resistance to pathogenic fungi
• Improved heat tolerance
• Improved resistance to pests
• Improved disease resistance
Silicon is not easily available from the soil, that’s why using this special blend will ensure that your crop benefits from many aspects giving tastier and larger fruit.
Directions for use
Foliar: Dilute 1ml to 2 litres of water.
Drench: Dilute 1ml - 1.5ml to 1 litre of water. Use with every watering until harvest.

bio-silicon can be purchased from your local retailer as well as Greens Horticulture

Edited by plantmagic, 12 January 2009 - 08:30 PM.

#2 slunkalot

slunkalot

ON THE WALL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1335 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

:guitar: Love the sound of this. Will be used on next grow for definite. Best of luck with d range.
It all makes perfect sence.. Expressed in dollars and cents, pounds shillings and pence.

#3 martian

martian

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

Hi Folks.
So is this just the usual Potasium Silicate, or a different source of silica, or does it contain more ingredients?
Sorry just notices the Mention of "Humic", so is it a mix of Humic acid, and potasium Silicate?
Toodle Ooo.
Martian.

Edited by martian, 13 January 2009 - 07:57 PM.

#4 ganjaman21

ganjaman21

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:10 AM

Do you just add this to your normal feeding? Also it says every water harvest, even when they are seedlings? Definately gonna give this and the granuels ago on my next lot. £29 a litre though i hope its worth it.

Edited by ganjaman21, 28 February 2009 - 01:10 AM.

#5 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9786 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:18 PM

Martian yes it contains silicate of potash! This is a naturally occurring compound of potassium salt and silicic acid. It also contains humates and plant extracts these make it more bioavailable, both at the roots and folia level.

Yes ganjaman21 you can use bio-silicon on seedlings, useing compost you should not need to feed until you are rooted out in your final pots, it can be used with organic fertilisers, but keep in mind that the humates and plant extracts BS contains will make the nutrient available more rapidly, so use a little less than normal, especially the PK 13:14.

I am liking what it is doing in my latest grow, why not buy a small bottle and see if you like it, it goes a long way, personally I only use 1 ml to 2 or 2.5 litres of water or feed and can see big differences.

Hope this helps.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#6 ganjaman21

ganjaman21

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:14 AM

Thanks for your reply oldtimer.

#7 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:32 AM

Thanks oldtimer :unsure:

We have just had several reports come back from local shops. It all sounds promising to say the least. We knew all of the benefits but it is nice to hear of others having similar experiences. We pride ourselves on listening to our customers feedback, this is the vital key to helping you guys have an understanding of our products and the benefits you can achieve.

In every instance users are saying they have seen an increase in gerth and strength of the stems. Some say they used to have to cane and tie up the sides but have now found that since using the bio-silicon they appear to be larger and stronger than they did before.

Due to the stems being larger, the transposition of water and vital nutrients and trace elements can be transported through your plants more efficiently and effectively. This is resulting in increased yields across the board. I'll try and find out from some of the shops if they happen to know at what percentage of an increase they are seeing. I spoke with one outlet on Friday afternoon who said one of his customers saw a 12% increase up on his last grow.

#8 buddly

buddly

In Bud

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

Ok to recap :wassnnme:

0.5 ml of bio-silicon each time you water but only in the bloom period,does that sound right?
"Marijuana gives rise to insanity -- not in its users, but in the policies directed against it. A nation that sentences the possessor of a single joint to life imprisonment with parole... but sets a murderer free after perhaps six years... is in the grips of a deep psychosis"
   ◊  Eric Schlosser - Author

#9 oldtimer1

oldtimer1

Grumpy Old Git!

• Team UK420
  • 9786 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:26 PM

Ok to recap :D

0.5 ml of bio-silicon each time you water but only in the bloom period,does that sound right?

Buddly From the start of seedling/cutting. I’ve not used it every water, mainly because I’m lazy and forgot, what I’ve seen so far is much sturdier healthier plants.

In fact the buggers are too big, I’ll have to flower earlier in future.
Q. how do i make seeds?

A. You take a splinter off my cross, tie a few hairs to one end of it, dip the hairs into the pollen and lightly brush the pistils with it.

#10 buddly

buddly

In Bud

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

Ok to recap :D

Buddly From the start of seedling/cutting. I’ve not used it every water, mainly because I’m lazy and forgot, what I’ve seen so far is much sturdier healthier plants.

In fact the buggers are too big, I’ll have to flower earlier in future.

nice one OT thanks for that :rofl:
"Marijuana gives rise to insanity -- not in its users, but in the policies directed against it. A nation that sentences the possessor of a single joint to life imprisonment with parole... but sets a murderer free after perhaps six years... is in the grips of a deep psychosis"
   ◊  Eric Schlosser - Author

#11 sharkjazz

sharkjazz

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:47 AM

this sounds interesting, going to give this time round.

Noticed your products are stocked at local shop last weekend, very nice and handy :woot:

#12 dr don

dr don

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

will silcon enable me to grow through summer with the rising temps. i read they use it down under in the summer,does somthing to the plants cells to cope with heat stress,normaly i give high summer a miss but this im trying silco hopefully grow right through

Edited by dr don, 18 April 2009 - 04:04 PM.

#13 sharkjazz

sharkjazz

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

just how "dangerous" is this product? The pack says to wear gloves and goggles ! Tbh, I haven't and have had a little splash onto my hand. Is the gloves and goggles just guidance or essential?

What happens if you get it on the skin? (so far i have washed it off pretty quick and not noticed anything)

#14 plantmagic

plantmagic

Vegging Nicely

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

will silcon enable me to grow through summer with the rising temps. i read they use it down under in the summer,does somthing to the plants cells to cope with heat stress,normaly i give high summer a miss but this im trying silco hopefully grow right through

Yes, using biosilicon will build up the cell walls within the plant, this enable the plants to tollerate a greater rise in heat, it also builds up the tollerance against diseases and pathogenic fungi. And it makes the leaves a bit more leathery type feel, this strengthens the "Cuticle" on the leaf surface protecting it from small sucking insects such as Aphids.

just how "dangerous" is this product? The pack says to wear gloves and goggles ! Tbh, I haven't and have had a little splash onto my hand. Is the gloves and goggles just guidance or essential?

What happens if you get it on the skin? (so far i have washed it off pretty quick and not noticed anything)

The warning is their to cover our own arse in most instances tbh. It isn't a corrosive or extremely hazardous product, that said, peeps react in different ways to many things, so as far as health and safety are concerned goggles and gloves should be used, but in reallity I don't think many peeps wear them at all.

#15 DD2001

DD2001

Your Ad Here

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1455 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:48 PM

It says for soil/compost on the website... Just wondering if this is ok for use in coco?? Thanks.

"Nobody sees the obvious, nobody observes the ordinary.
There are more miracles in a square yard of earth than in all the fables of the Church".
Robert Anton Wilson

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users