Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

LambsBreadCollie

Does Anyone Here Like Reggae?

2,892 posts in this topic

I can't get enough of it. I Also rather like a bit of dub. I think I have a fairly eclectic music taste, but nothing quite beats listening to reggae stoned :smoke: . Am I wrong?

11 people like this

I can't get enough of it. I Also rather like a bit of dub. I think I have a fairly eclectic music taste, but nothing quite beats listening to reggae stoned :smoke: . Am I wrong?

you are not wrong :wink:

On a cannabis forum ? Surely not ? :rofl:

2 people like this

I'm a kinda trad reggae person, Bob Marley (obviously), Peter Tosh, Burning Spear. Not that I don't like modern reggae, just don't know much. Most recent I really know (and I dunno if it's classed as reggae) is Sublime, Smoke 2 Joints is a definite on the 'stoned' playlist.

2 people like this

I'm a kinda trad reggae person, Bob Marley (obviously), Peter Tosh, Burning Spear. Not that I don't like modern reggae, just don't know much. Most recent I really know (and I dunno if it's classed as reggae) is Sublime, Smoke 2 Joints is a definite on the 'stoned' playlist.

:rofl: innit, nearly every 'new' artist I 'discover' is long dead. Roots.

Modern day I like Jah Cure and Damian Marley

I'm glad this post is here...

I'm mostly a rocker (Floyd, Zepp are my favorites) but I like quite a big selection of music but reggae is something that completely passed me by until one night I was having a smoke with my girlfriend and her one and only reggae song came on and I absolutely loved it, it was brilliant and I kept meaning to pop onto UK420 for some bands I could look out for.

As if by magic, this post appears. Thanks!

0h no, i love it. oh ohooo.

3 people like this

I'm wondering if there is anybody on the planet who can honestly say that they don't like to listen to a bit of Bob Marley every now and then ?

1 person likes this

George Bush, cos when he listens to Bob he stops wanting to start a war for a few minutes, and nobody wants that.

I'm glad this post is here...

I'm mostly a rocker (Floyd, Zepp are my favorites) but I like quite a big selection of music but reggae is something that completely passed me by until one night I was having a smoke with my girlfriend and her one and only reggae song came on and I absolutely loved it, it was brilliant and I kept meaning to pop onto UK420 for some bands I could look out for.

B00005B39Z.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

2 people like this

I would have to agree with you. Late 60s to early 80s; ska, rocksteady, roots - A golden era in music. Am particularly keen on The Skatalites, Jackie Mitoo, Augustus Pablo, Max Romeo, Bob Marley, King Tubby, Lee 'Scrach' Perry... well the list goes on.

As for modern stuff there are some great american roots bands around; Groundation, 10 Ft Ganja Plant (unbelievably they live up to the name) and John Brown's Body are the best examples. Also New Zealand has a bit of a 'roots infulenced' scene going on. Its definately worth checking out Fat Freddy's Drop, The Black Seeds, Salmonella Dub (A bit of Drum & Bass too!), and Katchafire to name but a few.

:rofl::rofl:lol

Love it! :guitar:

also getting into my ska

2 people like this

0h no, i love it. oh ohooo.

...I was waiting for that :guitar:

Prince Far I

Marley

Toots and Maytals

U Roy

Max Romeo

Perry