Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonquilista420

Does anyone keep a big dehumidifier actually in their tent?

16 posts in this topic

Got 5 plants (2 autos and 3 photos) in a 1m2 tent (ambitious I know, but the 2 autos are nearly finished and will then leave plenty of room for the photos which are only two weeks into flower). 

I run a big 10L Meaco dehum in the room, because I'm venting into the same room, and a small 500ml ProBreeze in the tent itself. I'm averaging 55% RH in the room and about 60% in the tent, which is a bit higher than I'd like with my autos chunking up so much. 

My question is whether anyone has any experiencing running a big dehumidifer in the tent and whether it caused any problems to be aware of please? 

took mine out of the tent this week because reading showed its not needed, no problems running it inside the tent

1 person likes this

They’re designed to work efficiently within a given space otherwise there’s a possible fire risk, or so I’ve read. I’ve never chanced it to find out. You need to vent out of the room bud. Even if it’s out on to the landing or summat for now. Recycling the same air definitely won’t help owd chap

4 people like this

I second @mikeydoughnut's statement , ideally you should be venting outside of the room , especially if it's the room you are pulling air from in the first place.

:yinyang:

2 people like this

Can't you just open a window?  I rarely need a dehumidifier and never at this time of year. 

Eta - and 60 isn't that high.  Had many grows where I've never been below 65.

Edited by fatboy77
6 people like this

depends on the size of the room, i vent out in two of my setups, but in the living room it's easily big enough to vent back into the room, i have the door open all the time for the dogs and the window is usually cracked a bit

helps with the heating a bit too

that said, if you are in need of a dehumidifier you have something going wrong, how big is the room?

Edited by ratdog
2 people like this

@ratdog fair point well made , especially if it's in a living area where pets and people are constantly restocking co2 levels.

My response was based on my own setup being in a room solely for the purpose of housing the tents.

2 people like this

Make a Christmas present for yourself and buy Meaco Arete Dehumidifier & Air Purifier, 25L. Your problem will gone for good. I set up mine in loft outside the tent (60x60x140)at 40% and placed ducting ( I use passive intake) on top.

large.IMG_20211219_153034_compress12.jpg

Its running 24/7 and my Rh in tent between 45-50 and it helps with temps a little bit as well.

You could try this with your 500ml probreeze. It might work better then inside of the tent as it fights against your extraction hence no results in dropping Rh. 

What your temps in tent???

2 people like this

@Canna Denfour20 is that the saddest aloe in the land doing a photobomb there I see???

2 people like this

Thanks guys for the replies. The room is a small office room, and I'm venting just out the top of the tent. I avoided trying to vent out the window or the landing because I didn't want ducting trailing around but I might have to revisit that. I figured if I can't vent out the room, I may as well try to dehumidfy the room as much as possible which is why I got the meaco, and now I'm wondering whether I can get away with it in the tent without a fire hazard really

34 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

@Canna Denfour20 is that the saddest aloe in the land doing a photobomb there I see???

large.IMG_20211219_162747_compress60.jpg

She seems ok . Was neglected during house movings but recovering. Will make some foliar spray when she fully recover.

2 people like this

She looks great tbh , the arm poking into the other pic made it look like it would be bedraggled.

A. Barbadensis perhaps??

1 person likes this

As stated above, don't put a large dehumidifier in a small space as it can be a fire risk. Not worth it imo.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, BilgePump said:

She looks great tbh , the arm poking into the other pic made it look like it would be bedraggled.

A. Barbadensis perhaps??

Thanks. Yeah she is barbadensis and prefer loft rather than living room :rofl:

1 person likes this

Bargain small blaupunkt dehumidifiers at B&M. 

One at £30 that would suit a small tent and possibly double as a fan, and a slightly larger one for £50. 

I run a large dehumidifier in the room, but picked up one of each as humidity in my tent can get high in late flower.