Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sainsburys

Bringing auto indoors

So I have a predicament...

Been growing a northern lights auto from RQS outdoors in a pot, 9 weeks in and now in early flower. 

The Mrs has decided to have a gathering in a couple of weeks.. And no I can't tell her to cancel lol. Besides, now lockdown is done we are having more short notice visits.. 

Anyways, I've just about got my indoor set up complete, taking receipt of my Scopex 350 today *insert fkin buzzing emoji*.

So, I'm thinking do I bring her in and make use of the new indoor garden? Will this present a risk to the plant by changing from the big grow light in the sky to LED? 

Cheers

Sainos

No risk to plant, but does present a risk of bringing critters into your indoor space. 

3 people like this

Cheers, I've bit the bullet due to weather looking shitty for the next week or so.. Or maybe just getting over excited when the Scopex landed :yahoo:

Good point with the potential critter problem, looks like I'll be holding off my first proper grow until I've chopped this one :/ better safe than sorry! 

What's the best light cycle to use? Mimic nature and keep 16ish hours or should I up it cuz it's an auto? 

I’d say your probably stuck with a 14/10 or 15/9 (check day light hours now)

autos can still hermie (there’s even a thread on here with one reveging).

may as well match what theyre currently getting to maintain light levels and avoid risk of hermie.

also check for bugs. If it’s the only plant in there it won’t be an issue but if there are others it may be. 

Just altered the timer to match the day length on the 29th when I bought her in, was only 1 hour out so fingers crossed she settles okay..

Checked on her at the same time and the leaves are looking rather sad :(. Gave her a drink so I'll give it a cour hours and check back. Light is set to 290w right now in an attempt to not shock her too much and 18inches (ish) from the top of the plant. Any thoughts on if that's optimum or not? 

In the meantime I'm gonna dig out the hermi thread and get prayin :bong:

On 29/07/2021 at 1:13 PM, Sainsburys said:

So I have a predicament...

Been growing a northern lights auto from RQS outdoors in a pot, 9 weeks in and now in early flower. 

The Mrs has decided to have a gathering in a couple of weeks.. And no I can't tell her to cancel lol. Besides, now lockdown is done we are having more short notice visits.. 

Anyways, I've just about got my indoor set up complete, taking receipt of my Scopex 350 today *insert fkin buzzing emoji*.

So, I'm thinking do I bring her in and make use of the new indoor garden? Will this present a risk to the plant by changing from the big grow light in the sky to LED? 

Cheers

Sainos

Well I just think you are talking chalk and cheese here between those two growing regimes. With your girls flowering I would not risk doing it unless it was the measure of the last resort. With outdoor pot grown weed you always have the option to relocate your girls on your own property or if that is not possible then short term re-location into parks, neighbours gardens etc is always an option. In my experience you should never underestimate the security that hiding in full view can provide.

I like ya passion for outdoor growing mate, but really is the last resort. I wish I could have kept it up but just moved to a new area so can't rely on neighbors etc. And visitors are people we've not yet got to know enough to trust. 

To top it all off I've just gone in to check lights off conditions and was surprised to hear the hum of the exhaust fan doing its thing.. FUUUUCKKKKK :wallbash: the timer was set to bypass so she's had 36 hours of constant lights on, thank fuck it's an auto! Although I'm now on even higher alert for a hermie. 

Wish me luck folks.. I'll try and get some pics of setup on later, so far not been able to get them small enough to upload! 

I have wondered the same thing never brought a autoflower inside before as I wouldn’t want to risk it bringing any unwanted friends with but I don’t think the changed light schedule will affect a autoflower to much they take what they can get.

I did this just recently - bring autos in from outdoors to indoors - about a month ago maybe. Never thought about lighting hours but at 18/6 I don't think it was too far out.

Plants are 2 RGS Freezland and 2 RGS GSC. I noticed I had a few whitefly on Sunday, hopefully dealt with now by having a very close look at the leaves and giving the girls a good trim, which they needed anyway.

Did the GSC reveg a bit? They certainly started flowering earlier than I expected and have new side growth that is well behind the 'middle'. I trimmed all the new growth off one and left some of it on this one.

large.gsc_no1.jpg

Trimmed all new growth off.

large.gsc_no2.jpg

The Freezland look fine, it was these that got the whitefly. Took these photos after their check up and trim.

large.freezland_IBL_S1_no2.jpg

Back in the tent, sticky sheet for whitefly just in case.

large.rgs_inthetent.jpg