Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lmc1978

nutrients

19 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, lmc1978 said:

who knew there was so much out there for the grower!! i cant believe it once i started lookin at doing this ive been on so many sites and read so many different ways to grow a plant!! wow i avnt even started yet and i think im hooked! thanks again everyone for the replies 

You want a pH meter. The makes mentioned are fine but only use it for measuring and making up ingoing feed pH NOT runoff. Measure ingoing feed  and runoff EC. Measuring runoff pH is not a reliable indicator of what's going on in the coco.

Edited by catweazle1

Just now, catweazle1 said:

You want a pH meter. The makes mentioned are fine but only use it for measuring and making up ingoing feed pH NOT runoff. Measure ingoing feed  and runoff EC. Measuring runoff pH is not a reliable indicator of what's going on in the coco.

so a ph meter along side a ec meter or can you get one that will do both? im sure i seen some that will read both? see this is something else i need to ask about, would you recommend changing from coco ? ive got it in now but if its not ideal as a beginners substrate i think i wud just bite the bullet and buy another type?

16 minutes ago, lmc1978 said:

so a ph meter along side a ec meter or can you get one that will do both? im sure i seen some that will read both? see this is something else i need to ask about, would you recommend changing from coco ? ive got it in now but if its not ideal as a beginners substrate i think i wud just bite the bullet and buy another type?

Problems in coco ccan be rectified more easily but does require more attention. Pluses and minuses for all styles. Read abit about both and see which routine suits you best.

1 person likes this

On 27/03/2021 at 7:03 PM, lmc1978 said:

Sorry to bring up an old post but search function tells me this is the latest :thumsup: 

How did you find the Coco?? I'm just about to do my first auto and Im on the verge of pressing the button on using it. I figure having to keep the water right going in would be less hassle than balancing soil.. would be good to know how it went :)