Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lancaster8

Does anyone ever have any success with autos?

82 posts in this topic

I seem to have a similar issues myself, always had great results from photos but mostly naf results from autos, even when I give them what feels like a huge amount more care and attention than any other plant I've ever grown (not just canna). I've had better germ rates with photo's outdoors (not in a greenhouse literally outdoors). I'm not sure what I must do that fucks them up, but I'm done working it out TBH, I'd rather wait a few more weeks for far better much easier results. Why some companies market them as easy/hardy/beginner friendly I don't know.

Their only advantage I can see is being able to run one room for veg and flower, but you can start photos on 12/12 and with phytochrome manipulation you can make them do all kinds of things. Or in winter run lights 24hrs, but a heater can fix that. 

Obviously they have some merit as a lot of people love them and have great results, but how is a mystery to me. 

Edited by MindSoup
2 people like this

Sweet seeds random autos.. and stubbies short hazy days X ultimate auto. 

large.5f9497b7946d1_IMG_20201024_212356-Copy_bak.jpglarge.5f94979e8a064_IMG_20201023_231135-Copy_bak.jpglarge.5f9497873d707_IMG_20201021_211300-Copy_bak.jpglarge.5f9497c63e6c2_IMG_20201024_212939-Copy_bak.jpg

13 people like this

My experience after two completed sessions in a handwatered coco in airpots setup is that they grow and yield pretty much what I've yielded with photos. The potency was ok (DP and RQS autos) but flavour profiles were rather samey. This year I'm doing 00 Seeds and Anesia Seeds autos, and if they end up with that same flavor profile as before, I'll probably give them a miss. It might be that the Ruderalis is expressing itself dominantly flavour-wise rather than the target breed. Second half of the year will be followed by the fem versions. One of them is a Skunk No.1/Chocolope cross (Chocolate Skunk), so I'm hoping for a definite Skunk smell profile in both auto and photo versions. I have five skunks planted. The other is 3 Auto Nova OG and will be followed by the photo version. Two variations each of two strains from two breeders will hopefully enlighten me whether autos are worth continuing.

Edited by catweazle1
5 people like this

Shifted to Autos from Photos after a break, initially for time reasons - to get a quick result before going back to Photos.  Been gobsmacked by the quality & yields compared with my last attempts with Autos from around a decade ago and have stuck with them.  I've been consistently hitting >3oz/plant growing organically in soil and that's even with quicker autos like Sweet Seeds Creme Caramel.  I was only getting something like an 80% germination rate but since switching to the paper towel method it's been 100%.  

Gotta say the #1 reason for these numbers is the great lights I got from @diyledukand I'm seeing some disgustingly large buds on the Dinafem Auto Critical + that's running right now so I think I'll have a new record when they are done.

4 people like this

I’ve been doing autos for the last year always get good results usually use sweet seeds or Dutch passion on par with photos but in a couple weeks less what’s not to like 

23 hours ago, cloudy days said:

Shifted to Autos from Photos after a break, initially for time reasons - to get a quick result before going back to Photos.  Been gobsmacked by the quality & yields compared with my last attempts with Autos from around a decade ago and have stuck with them.  I've been consistently hitting >3oz/plant growing organically in soil and that's even with quicker autos like Sweet Seeds Creme Caramel.  I was only getting something like an 80% germination rate but since switching to the paper towel method it's been 100%.  

Gotta say the #1 reason for these numbers is the great lights I got from @diyledukand I'm seeing some disgustingly large buds on the Dinafem Auto Critical + that's running right now so I think I'll have a new record when they are done.

Thanks for the kind words. :thumsup:

3 people like this

large.IMAG0903-2016x1140.jpgDutch Passion Auto Night Queen 520g

This was in a 5.7 litre pot of coco at 8 weeks from seed but the plant needed more root space. Repotted it into an 11 litre pot and this is the result at 14 weeks from seed, 6ft tall and 4 ft across.

15 people like this

@tom68 that's massive mate. 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, FigmentofFig said:

@tom68

Incredible!

2 people like this

@tom68 Super! I've got 3 NQ autos going at 20 days. What does it smell like now? I will choose one to go with a Auto Nova OG and Chocolate Skunk auto.

Edited by catweazle1
1 person likes this

14 hours ago, tom68 said:

This was in a 5.7 litre pot of coco at 8 weeks from seed but the plant needed more root space. Repotted it into an 11 litre pot and this is the result at 14 weeks from seed, 6ft tall and 4 ft across.

is that 1 plant half a key?

1 person likes this

What lights was it under @tom68?

1 person likes this

Hi all  in october last year I did  four, all from dinafem 1st time with autos followed blackpools advice from the start 3x critical + & 1ww xxl  280 g dry. Under 400w in 1.2x 1.2 was full not bad From 0 to 60 days 

2 people like this

Yes, just over half a key dried weight. Using a 600 & 400w hps, rtw coco fed once a day. I generally get over 1g per watt with current set up. 

2 people like this

On 4/20/2021 at 3:06 AM, tom68 said:

WOW!

2 people like this