Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Morocco set to legalise cannabis and Hash

hi

Morocco set to legalise cannabis

26 Feb 2021

Bongme

6 people like this

What a great holiday place Morocco will become - buying nice weed and hash without worrying that the person you buy from gets you arrested and their product back. 

All those delicious pastries for munchies and all that yummy food. 

Meanwhile we all sit here in the biggest exporter of weed and are still running from the police. 

8 people like this

I was thinking of going there for a holiday already but that's sealed it, fantastic news :)

Think I'll have a look at the visa situation as well, can't see property being an outrageous price.

Edited by Conroy

If you watch the video it says rec will remain illegal

2 people like this

On 27/02/2021 at 9:39 AM, Absurdist said:

If you watch the video it says rec will remain illegal

Yeh, I just went by the headline :(

Ah well, I'll still visit when we're allowed, just have to be a bit careful or do without.

Hi

Wee Add On...

Online Community Applauds Morocco for Cannabis Legalization

Rabat – Morocco’s decision to decriminalize cannabis has swiftly risen to prominence among social media users, ranking as the world’s third most engaged post on Reddit.

One recent Morocco World News article about the topic made it to the headlines of Reddit, becoming the third highest ranked on the platform with more than 70,000 overwhelmingly positive  upvotes.

As the sudden decision doesn’t align with the typical stereotypes surrounding the Islamic country, people were very enthusiastic about the news.

There were many quips about how some “high” users misread the word “Legalize Cannabis” with “Legalizing Cannibals.” More than 2,200 people were engaged in the comments section.

Morocco’s cannabis coming-out has sparked controversy, however. Those who are less optimistic about the news bring religion to the spotlight to justify their position.

Meanwhile the global popularity of cannabis meant that many people online used Morocco’s announcement to decry the lack of similar cannabis legalization efforts in their own countries while cheering the decision to partially legalize “Moroccan gold.”

The online community was also very interested in how the Moroccan government will further make the industry work when the Justice and Development Party (PJD), Morocco’s ruling Islamist party, has always been against this decision for religious reasons.

Abdelilah Benkirane, the former head of the government and a prominent member of the PJD, has expressed his disagreement. Not only will the legalization of cannabis be bad for Morocco’s reputation, but it will  even increase the country’s crime rates, Benkirane argued.

Foreign internet users, however, reacted with near universal optimism about Morocco’s pending legalization plans. The overwhelmingly positive reaction online revealed how legalization is likely to increase interest in Morocco.  

Many commenters expressed the desire to visit Morocco, highlighting that Morocco’s progressive decision is likely to contribute to the country’s tourism sector. One netizen stated, “Woohoo. Another country I’m visiting when the world is a little less crazy.” 

Although the production of cannabis will be tightened and its recreational use will remain illegal, many believe that cannabis tourism in Morocco will grow exponentially in the upcoming years. The use of cannabis in Morocco is officially illegal, but the prevalence of its use means the substance is readily available.

Also hoping to benefit from this legalization decision are Morocco’s European neighbors. The availability of traditionally-grown Moroccan medical cannabis, a popular product across Europe, is set to please many Europeans. 

One Reddit commenter said, “The crackdown on hashish export in 2020 in Morocco left many towns here in Norway virtually dry, to the point that newspapers were writing about it, prices increased tenfold in some cases!”

The Reddit thread was full of messages of congratulations, with people merrily calling out their countries to follow Morocco and to legalize cannabis. 

“Morocco is a great place for a vacation. I had such an enjoyable time there. Can’t wait to go back sometime,” enthused one comment. As news spread in favor of Morocco, tourists appear to be eager to again visit the country once the pandemic ends.

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2021/02/336149/online-community-applauds-morocco-for-cannabis-legalization/

Bongme

1 person likes this

Hi

Morocco’s cannabis coming-out has sparked controversy, however. Those who are less optimistic about the news bring religion to the spotlight to justify their position.

Nonsense whoever your god is he or she put on the earth for us to for many reasons as stonres are trying to show and tell you about!

Just like the good people of Morroco bring cannabis into 21 century Morrocco,, well done Mo...

Zouhair Bahaoui - DÉCAPOTABLE 

Bongme :yinyang:

14 minutes ago, bongme said:

Morocco’s ruling Islamist party, has always been against this decision for religious reasons.

Sick of this religious nonsense...What "Reasons?"...Exactly?...:fart:

2 people like this

Most religious people do not have a problem with cannabis, but they don't tend to form political parties in order to impose their tolerance on others.

What would I do in morocco? I already have enough weed and more than a lifetime's worth of carpet, I do not Not NOT! want any more carpet, can you understand!! No more carpets and no more hustling beggars, F**K off!  Oh yeah keep that :fart: too.