Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FARMER G

SCOPE-X-PRO & PAR+PRO diary...by Farmer G

53 posts in this topic

Nice star an good advice tae boot :yep:

2 people like this

@McHazy - :cheers:

Farmer G 

1 person likes this

I'm going to try some regulars with my next round so I'm following this and take notice.

Beautiful plants like always,nice one mate,all the best:yep:

2 people like this

Looking spot on as usual, and great info.

Toke...

2 people like this

@Văru' @tokenroll Thanks for stopping in and the kind words :cheers:

So things haven't gone to plan but we strive on !

Struggling with environmental issues at the moment which in turn is creating plant issues...getting the temperatures correct with ample enough RH is the target.

Plants generally look pretty unhappy despite them growing , i potted on into 25ltr finals a day or so ago and the roots where in abundance and a lovely white colour but the plants are still very unhappy...again its what we must do as growers to control the problem.

Humidifier is on route because when i run at 28c the RH is far too low causing low VPD resulting in transpiration issues...photosynthesis doesn't occur correctly so we have a sad looking plant.

They are bouncing back, Ill get a shot or two up later on :yep:

Farmer G

11 people like this

@FARMER G

Well, late to the party as usual lol

Looking top in here, I do like those led's mate. 

Teaming with series is awesome stuff, I'm about to start the fungus one. :)

I'll pull up a chair, curious about Batemans work. 

Happy 2021 brother 

OB

3 people like this

Absolutely top class mate, last run looked incredible and a real sweet setup for this one :yep: 

4 hours ago, FARMER G said:

Struggling with environmental issues at the moment which in turn is creating plant issues...getting the temperatures correct with ample enough RH is the target.

Plants generally look pretty unhappy despite them growing , i potted on into 25ltr finals a day or so ago and the roots where in abundance and a lovely white colour but the plants are still very unhappy...again its what we must do as growers to control the problem.

Humidifier is on route because when i run at 28c the RH is far too low causing low VPD resulting in transpiration issues...photosynthesis doesn't occur correctly so we have a sad looking plant

I get slapped with this every time I move the next batch into my big tent, not enough green matter in the place. They bounce back quick enough, just not nice to see them struggling is it?

When I've used a humidifier in the past it's left a horrible white residue over my fixtures and plants after just two weeks, and I can't be bothered to mess around with RO or distilled water. Next time I'm gonna try just dimming the lights and extraction a bit more than usual until the plants can hold their own. 

All the best :) 

Edited by SYZYGY
4 people like this

@Oldbear - Not too late sah...take a seat my good friend :) yes LEDs are brilliant mate im sure you would love them too...im looking forward to the warmer months for a change lol 

@SYZYGY - Hey dude thanks for dropping in :yep: yea it caught me off guard a bit i must say but its also nice not to get too comfortable and complacent and kept on toes :yes:

Hi all 

Plants have turned around now since raising VPD thanks to a small humidifier at work, things are at optimal levels once again :yes: temps sitting at 28c/29c lights on and 21c lights off - RH is sitting around 55%....fans running at 50% capacity.

Ill get some pictures up this evening of how they looked and through the road too recovery ! they have been potted on into 25ltr finals a handful of days ago and this also helped along with stability of the environment.

Its a great example of your environment is everything...i could have been tempted to throw all sorts at it which would have made them worse...sometimes its so simple the answer and its usually 90% down to environment...think owd even has that as his sig...so true.

Anyways ill stop waffling and get some pictures up this evening :yep: 

Farmer G 

10 people like this

Good evening all

So a few pictures as promised of the plants turning around and starting to do their thing, This was all down to as i said the environment being off for LED and it was just a case of getting the levels correct for plants to start up taking again. 

So the plants all looked like this one...

large.20210112_172037.jpg

Not the clearest image but you get the picture, the roots where lovely and white and plentiful but the plants where looking so unhappy i started looking further into the environment. I bought one of those air comfort readers which has been real helpful in seeing where spikes and drop offs are occurring, after adding a humidifier and resetting the levels of the fans and probe and potting them on, 2 weeks or say later they are looking like this...

large.20210119_155756.jpglarge.20210119_155802.jpglarge.20210119_155807.jpglarge.20210119_155815.jpg

A couple battle scars present but in large they are doing their thing again, i didn't top or anything whilst they where stressed but since the turn i have topped them all just the once.

Just goes to show how important the environment is and how key it is to keep your eye on it :yes: 

Lemans A 

large.20210119_155830.jpg

Lemans B 

large.20210119_155836.jpg

Moonlight Dreamz A 

large.20210119_155846.jpg

Moonlight Dreamz B 

large.20210119_155854.jpg

Moonlight Dreamz C 

large.20210119_155859.jpg

Sugar Tax 

large.20210119_155914.jpg

That's it for the update , I'm going to bend down and spread the bigger plants as best i can this week and I'm hoping by the end of the week the Sugar Tax`s would have show some pre-flowers :yep: 

Keep it green folks 

Farmer G 

19 people like this

@FARMER G     They have recovered sweet mate and going by the last crop this should be another banger of a grow   :yinyang:

2 people like this

@Green Gremlin - Hello mate thanks for dropping in...yes they have recovered pretty well im pleased :)

Farmer G 

2 people like this

Hi all :) 

Just a quick update to say they are 2 weeks 12/12 as of today, i will get a few pictures this evening for an upload tomorrow morning :yep: ill show the SCOPEX controller too :naughty:

Farmer G 

Edited by FARMER G
e2a
7 people like this

Good morning all :) 

So with the true trials and tribulations of this diary we have an update !

The weather outside has played havoc over the past month or so with my environment inside the room, one way or another i have been constantly tweaking this grow cycle to adjust and regulate the environment, one minute the plants where happy the next minute not so much ! but we managed to keep them happy enough from throwing another tantrum lol

They are 2 weeks into the flowering cycle in these pictures, i have defoliated some of the larger fan leaves that where covering loads of flower sites and it has allowed for better light penetration, now I'm not an advocate for defoliation but sometimes its needed with certain grows to optimize results...anyway...pictures...

large.20210207_185625.jpglarge.20210207_185640.jpglarge.20210207_185653.jpglarge.20210207_185713.jpglarge.20210207_185732.jpglarge.20210207_190527.jpglarge.20210207_190558.jpg

There a 5 larger plants in 25ltr pots and 3 smaller plants in 3.5ltrs , reason being i thought i needed to fill space but could have done without but this is a little hunt of sorts so nice to see what each genotype will bring, they have all been backed up and are rooting in the propagator as we speak, also a mixture of UGORG & StonedCircle cooking on the go at the moment to soft through.

That's it for this update will be back next weekend with another :yep: 

Keep it green folks 

Farmer G 

21 people like this

@FARMER GI'm looking forward to seeing this one. Had a bash at mixed spectrum but I havent gone full LED yet. 

What soil mix are you using? :) 

2 people like this

@FARMER G

Looking good there, plants are filling that out nicely and all look picture of health.

That Lemon lime looks amazing, I've google and looked on few seed banks cant find it anywhere, is it clone only?

2 people like this