Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
custard ears

Flushing valve?

Just picked up my new topspinner system.

They have included a flushing valve! Where does it go on the system! Obviously no instructions.... 

My last topspinner didn’t come with this, is it required?

Thanks 

double post sorry

Edited by custard ears

Set up system without using valve last night, all good till I turned them off and they just keep dripping. How do I stop this? 

put a tee in line, and run it back to the res, will stop it self syphoning, no idea about the flushing valve, sorry

Edited by badbillybob

5 hours ago, badbillybob said:

put a tee in line, and run it back to the res, will stop it self syphoning, no idea about the flushing valve, sorry

After some google bashing I think the flushing valve (that’s what written on it) is actually a anti siphon valve!

Do they work? Anybody use them? Does it matter where in line it goes, after the filter and before the drippers?

i dont really know, because ive never used this system, but i would imagine at the highest point of the line from pump to drippers.

Have a look on youtube, its usually a good reference for these things. theres usually someone who has posted up a vid of thier set ups. 

Set it up put the valve higher than the tank and it works a treat.....

1 person likes this