Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Dog rushed to vets after eating cannabis plants near North Staffordshire beauty spot

16 posts in this topic

hi

Dog rushed to vets after eating cannabis plants near North Staffordshire beauty spot

The plants were fly-tipped at the side of the road

A dog has been rushed to the vets after eating cannabis plants that were fly-tipped by a North Staffordshire beauty spot.

A concerned passer-by discovered the plants in the corner of a field on Apedale Road.

They were found one the route to Apedale Country Park and the nearby railway lines in Chesterton.

Sadly the beloved pooch ate some of the plants and became very ill. It was subsequently rushed to the vets and is now on the road to recovery.

Police officers have now issued a warning to dog walkers to be careful.

PCSO Hannah Chaplin of Staffordshire Police said: "We have received a report today about some Cannabis plants that had been fly tipped in the corner of a field on Apedale Road on the way to Apedale Park.

"Unfortunately a member of the local community was out walking her dog who has ingested some of the plant causing the dog to become very ill.

"Fortunately the owner has sort medical attention for the dog very quickly and the dog is on the mend. This has caused the owner a lot of stress and could of had a very different outcome.

"We wish the dog a very speedy recovery. Please be aware when out with your dogs what they are sniffing or eating."

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/dog-rushed-vets-after-eating-4724957

Bongme

3 hours ago, bongme said:

PCSO Hannah Chaplin of Staffordshire Police said: "We have received a report today about some Cannabis plants that had been fly tipped in the corner of a field on Apedale Road on the way to Apedale Park.

"Unfortunately a member of the local community was out walking her dog who has ingested some of the plant causing the dog to become very ill.

"Fortunately the owner has sort medical attention for the dog very quickly and the dog is on the mend. This has caused the owner a lot of stress and could of had a very different outcome.

"We wish the dog a very speedy recovery. Please be aware when out with your dogs what they are sniffing or eating."

I say bollocks, PCSO Hannah.  Sort your fucking grammar out as well lol.

4 people like this

Hi

I get feeling when this happens its sometimes its not the planet it's the chemicals they have been fed with they get sick from, and plants have not been flushed properly. :soap:

Bongme :yinyang:

Another BS non-article, my dog loves cannabis leaves and has been munching them for years, ragging my plants on more than one occasion with no effect.  There were experiments done in the 19th century by the british raj in India giving large amounts of cannabis oil to dogs.  They would fall asleep for three days and then wake up with no ill effect.  I would have thought without decarboxilating sed plants, should have no effect surely?

5 people like this

My cat loved gnawing the spicey leaves of a particular var and suffered no ill effects, are dogs different? No chocolate for dogs?

26 minutes ago, schmoak said:

My cat loved gnawing the spicey leaves of a particular var and suffered no ill effects, are dogs different? No chocolate for dogs?

Aye no chocolate for dogs but saying that I have noticed that when my dog has sneakily eaten a small amount of sed substance off the pavement, he is almost tripping out and seems to enjoy it, so in small amounts probably ok, it only becomes a poison in larger amounts.  The same as most intoxicants bar cannabis, if you can even call it that.  

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, DomTong said:

Aye no chocolate for dogs but saying that I have noticed that when my dog has sneakily eaten a small amount of sed substance off the pavement, he is almost tripping out and seems to enjoy it, so in small amounts probably ok, it only becomes a poison in larger amounts.  The same as most intoxicants bar cannabis, if you can even call it that.  

Its dependent on the size/weight of the dog, bigger dogs can get away with eating more substantial amounts of it, where as the littluns can die from relatively small amounts. As a species they can't break down and excrete the theobromine (an alkaloid found in cacao beans) very well, we process it 10x faster so it doesn't have a chance to do us any harm (although still toxic to us in the right amount, you just couldn't physically eat enough chocolate to reach that level). 

1 person likes this

so, if some plants were really fly tipped it wouldn't be fucking bud now would it?

my dogs love weed leaves and doesn't hurt them. and what dog eats anything like dumped vegetation any way, they might sniff out and old kfc bone or something but old weed stems etc? fuck off lol

my dogs will eat grass sometimes but that's it except the terrier will find a kfc bone at 200 yards lol

4 people like this

Hi ratdog

so, if some plants were really fly tipped it wouldn't be fucking bud now would it?

:yep:

That's what am thinking no one is going to dump good bud, that's why am thinking the stems they eat causes the pain as once it is chewed and hits the acid stomach it releases the old feed chemicals in the stem or old leaves.

If you look here some give the pets some herbs BUT its the bud they give not the rest of the plant that they would dump!

Edited by bongme
1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, bongme said:

That's what am thinking no one is going to dump good bud, that's why am thinking the stems they eat causes the pain as once it is chewed and hits the acid stomach it releases the old feed chemicals in the stem or old leaves.

If you look here some give the pets some herbs BUT its the bud they give not the rest of the planet that they would dump!

i seriously doubt a dog would chew stems enough to do anything, it would be like dogs eating and swallowing sticks, can't see it myself.

i let my dog eat the leaves, she loves fresh leaves :)

2 people like this

What a load of shit.. I'm lucky my pooch gives ganja a whiff and then carrys on. Happily sit by a grow tent door for hours

2 people like this

HI

SOME Dogs will chew anything if you let them lol did say leaves ae well, we have no evidence of what the dog has eaten so it's all guess work.

Edited by bongme

Not a cannabis story, a fly tipping story. Fly tippers are cunts, whether they're growers dumping waste from their grow is irrelevant, that's not the point, it's the fact that they are fly tippers that makes them cunts. Though given that it's biodegradable it's probably one of the least bad things to fly tip (still bad, though :nea: fly tipping is a selfish cunt thing to do). Far as a dog becoming ill, I seriously doubt it, cannabis doesn't make dogs ill (my friend gave her dog cannabis oil cos he was a poorly boy :( and it made him a lot perkier, sorted the pain in his hips and stuff :) he was a different dog when she stopped giving him the stuff from the vets and gave him some of her oil instead :) ).

4 people like this

1 minute ago, bongme said:

Dogs will chew anything if you let them

not really, puppies might when they are hungry but not just anything or we wouldn't have anything left lol

i'm just saying i think this story is a pile of dogshite

1 person likes this

Hi

i'm just saying i think this story is a pile of dogshite

Most crap stories are shite BUT great to have a pop at lol

1 person likes this