Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

eggs are coming

Easy strain recommendations?

Can anyone recommend an easy strain they've been growing that makes consistently good results. As in your go to strain that grows fast and strong but also has a good end product. I know this question is asked alot but there is so much false info online that I want to hear ur real experience with a good strain

Growing cannabis is (relatively) easy, growing truly great cannabis is hard. Genetics are only part of the equation. Any strain can be easy in this regard. But maximising the genetic potential of any strain takes a skilled cultivator. 

There's also the whole: "To a master I am a novice, but to a novice I am a master." Dynamic at play when you say "easy." Each individual person's experience might make any given genetics easy or hard depending on how experienced they are.

The reality is I don't think your question has a real answer. 

My advice would be to look for genetics that interest you. Then read up on them or even better find a grow diary or 2 once you've narrowed it down to see what potential pitfalls there might be. This will help you decide for yourself.

So much is subjective in this hobby. 

8 people like this

Get your environment right,

with good extraction(controllable preferably),

fresh air supply,

adequate light and good watering practices :yep:

I found most of Humboldt Seeds Organisation's earlier catalogue offerings fairly easy to grow except the Choc Mint Og,

I just couldn't get a decent yield from it, 

though the smoke was incredible :thumsup:

Also when I started growing,

I generally found that shorter flowering time plants easier to keep healthier than long flowering plants :)

Atb 

:yinyang:

3 people like this

ive just finished my first grow with Baklava and Spumoni from "the plug seed bank"  I really messed up a few a times in the growing process including but not limited to (Too hot, too cold, nute burn, having to constantly move the plants upstairs and then back down due to workman in the house, not being fed or watered for 3 days while Iwas on holiday, snapping branches being pushing them too hard with LST.. deffo some other stuff I have forgotten) and both plants have turned out OK. the Baklava was really hardy had temps up at 34c at one point due to some teething problems with new equipment and the plant looked healthy throughout the spumoni did not cope so well with the high temps 

On 24/10/2020 at 5:55 PM, Marky1000 said:

@eggs are coming  humboldt ogkz .  Really nice plant 

Funny enough I was going to second this. First time running fem seeds in a long time. All plants are similar, smell really nice and covered in frost. Is the strain I'd be recommending to mates who are just getting started. Or those who are set up ready to go and want something in fast and can't get hold of clones.

@stummer I have done a few ogkz seeds now and there all identical and easy to grow. Really good plant.  Humboldt has some nice seeds worth trying. 

1 person likes this

As others have said easiness is one of those things that's so variable it's hard to answer, some strains do better in soil or hydro, some like to have training like last and need this to give good results, others get too stressed and prefer to just grow out naturally so it's more important to think about how you want to grow and what style of grow you want to do, grow space, plant numbers, soils, coco, hydro, any training methods you plan to use, then do you prefer an indica or sativa high, all this said an easy grower I've done was dinafem white widow in soil, I grew it next to a barney's farm vanilla kush in a hydro water farm and when I switched out the res for the vanilla kush I emptied it into the white widows pot, I didn't once mix up a separate bucket for the white widow it just got the leftovers from the water farm and it thrived and grew with no issues and gave me a nice 3oz under a 250w hps in a small wardrobe grow space, tasted lovely and a great high

Sweet zombie from expert seeds was a breeze I literally ignored it and everything else was having deficiencies that one just stayed perfect throughout.

Fast finisher dense nugs and one of the strongest I've grown I've recommended this strain to alot of people now and will be doing a full run with sweet zombie some point next year, it didn't like being topped though.

1 person likes this

Probably sensi super skunk for me. Very easy plant to grow, same results over and over again. Generally all the same phenos out of the 25 seeds I bought (only had 1 seed so far that was actually skunky though) but still a good all rounder, good stone, decent taste and smell. No complaints to be honest.

Only have like 3 left, don’t know if I’ll bother with it again though, maybe in 10 years lol 

On 26/10/2020 at 9:16 PM, UKsFinest said:

Sweet zombie from expert seeds was a breeze I literally ignored it and everything else was having deficiencies that one just stayed perfect throughout.

Fast finisher dense nugs and one of the strongest I've grown I've recommended this strain to alot of people now and will be doing a full run with sweet zombie some point next year, it didn't like being topped though.

I think I have a freebie Sweet Zombie from attitude. 

Nice to hear you liked it :yep:

:yinyang:

1 person likes this