Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ratdog

Ratdog's 7th go at the chance to win more rolling papers, ratfact!

405 posts in this topic

I have a hard time finishing with totally healthy plants...  But looks like you will end up with some large tasty buds - that's the important thing. :)  

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

here we are at day 28 in flower in the big tent, i tried my best but just can't get much access to this tent atm lol it really is a jungle in there but plants look healthy and green, and some nice flowers developing now

there's a few signs of cal def, i think mainly because they are all so close to the lights, but i dropped the calmag to .5ml to see how much is too much, it's only a few spots so i'll go back to 1ml. was on 1.5 originally.

i had to stand on tip toe to get some of these shots ffs lol

large.60423c7b2a220_zkittlesandco.jpglarge.60423c7d2f488_zkittlesandco2.jpglarge.60423c7fcab1f_zkittlezandco3.jpglarge.60423c8147c5f_zkittlezandco4.jpglarge.60423c83addf5_zkittlesandco5.jpglarge.60423c854cf10_zkittlezandco6.jpg

and look what the courier just brought me, nice one and thank you  @diyleduk although i can't use it on this grow as the plants are way too tall :) e2a @McHazy lol

large.60423c874b1cf_newlight.jpg

Edited by ratdog
21 people like this

On 17/2/2021 at 0:29 PM, ratdog said:

it has been too cold in my bedroom otherwise and barely hitting 24 tbh

i had to remove a fan/filter though lol

Mate im on my first led grow and was fairly taken aback by the extreme lack of heat the Attis gives off, its funny everyone always lauds the benefit of not having heat issues that arise with hps but no one tells you using a LED renders your grow box to almost a freezer when the fans are going!!

3 people like this

day 57 in the smaller tent, some ready to chop and some still pumping out the pistils!

i will start flushing the cooked ones as from today just to be sure, don't usually flush in organic, but this hasn't been very organic with the extra pk fuck up.

sorry about the pic quality, i should have turned the light right off, i just reduced it to the lowest setting and that has still washed out the pics lol

lots of shoddy leaves but some beautiful buds under that facade!

some looked like they were finished growing but then did a 180, i guessing it was when i flushed them of pk.

large.6042424f8b4bf_jack471.jpglarge.6042424a512cf_jack472.jpglarge.6042424af2fd1_jack473.jpglarge.6042424b92554_jack474.jpglarge.6042424c4585a_jack475.jpglarge.6042424ce6ead_jack476.jpglarge.6042424d9123b_jack477.jpglarge.6042424e3527c_jack478.jpglarge.6042424ee9ee8_jack479.jpg

will chop some in the next few days, and let the rest finish.

17 people like this

Just now, EM Punk said:

Mate im on my first led grow and was fairly taken aback by the extreme lack of heat the Attis gives off, its funny everyone always lauds the benefit of not having heat issues that arise with hps but no one tells you using a LED renders your grow box to almost a freezer when the fans are going!!

the maxi/attis is only small really in light terms really but the unit does get pretty hot to the touch. the par+ 465 in my other ten chucks out a ton of heat and i'm guessing the 600 when rigged up will be warm as a hps i reckon.

do you have a fan controller?

3 people like this

Just now, ratdog said:

do you have a fan controller?

I do now haha! Bought for this grow specifically

My attis is now on 100% and I can still grip the outer bar with no discomfort to my hand!

Plants are doing well but it was a shock to the system and will be surprised if my lekky bill comes down all that much considering the 2x heat mats and tube heater now going

Also congrats on the new light the thing looks unreal I assume you are licking you lips at the idea of unleashing that beast on your beans!

1 person likes this

@EM Punk you must have asbestos hands, i was trying to turn mine down the other day and it was burning my hands, although years of laying tiles probably makes them more sensitive lol

heat mats are the bollocks mate, had mine for ten years now, but with led a bigger light in a smallish tent (1m2) helps temps better than a big tent.

as for the new light, i've been thinking of super cropping the plants to hell and back to get it in there now! but i know i will end up just killing them all, but with the cmh in there with the led it should speed up flower time.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, ratdog said:

@EM Punk you must have asbestos hands, i was trying to turn mine down the other day and it was burning my hands, although years of laying tiles probably makes them more sensitive

heat mats are the bollocks mate, had mine for ten years now, but with led a bigger light in a smallish tent (1m2) helps temps better than a big tent.

as for the new light, i've been thinking of super cropping the plants to hell and back to get it in there now! but i know i will end up just killing them all, but with the cmh in there with the led it should speed up flower time.

Perhaps all my years working in gyms has calloused my hands to the max lol

You are bang on with the mats bro tbh I was about to put the attis back in the box and root out the hps and ballast a few weeks ago until I picked up the root!t mats

Yeah probs best to leave the new one till next run but I know the feeling of wanting to play with your new toys straight awaylol

Ps them buds look mighty fine:cheers:

Edited by EM Punk
1 person likes this

7 hours ago, ratdog said:

dropped the calmag to .5ml to see how much is too much, it's only a few spots so i'll go back to 1ml. was on 1.5 originally.

Hey mate. 
Still finding this a balancing act myself, seems to be almost plant dependent, an water starting ec point. I needa find a way off getting more cal in, as that is what they hunger for the most it seems, from watching you an other’s, an my own. It’s seems like mag hungrier in veg an cal hungrier in flower. 

Oh an reguards the having to stand on tiptoes to take your pic’s. I got caught out with stretch this time too, first ever with leds. 

An glad to see you went for Big Red that I seen you thinking about getting, will be fun dialling that in :woot::smoke:

Looking real good in those pic’s man, some grow for first time led’r :yep:

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Amo said:

I needa find a way off getting more cal in

apparently keeping pots moist when growing compost is better than a wet and dry cycle for a lot of veg, like toms, i'm trying that and giving them supplements, and it seems to work pretty well compared to not doing that. this has been recommended by others, i'm just stealing it lol

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, ratdog said:

keeping pots moist when growing compost

Yea, seen this talked about too, didn’t realise it would help with calmag issues :realcool:

1 person likes this

Just now, Amo said:

Yea, seen this talked about too, didn’t realise it would help with calmag issues :realcool:

i'm only saying what i've read about tomatoes, don't take it as gospel, but it certainly doesn't harm the plant at all

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

when i first started flowering under an led i was checking daily and thinking the plants were under performing due to having invested a lot of money lol how wrong could i have been, even with my schoolboy error with the od of pk they have still delivered way more than i have grown under anything less than a 600w hps and in a 5ltr pot ffs lol

i have chopped these two at 61 days, the do sweet do, well she has produced well considering she was under the canopy for the most part, here's a bud from her, i reckon she will deliver an ounce maybe more, but that's fine given her position.

large.6047ebf616f86_dosweetdo.jpg

here we have an early finishing jack 47, frosty as fuck

large.6047ebf38b03a_frostyjack.jpglarge.6047ebfecab4e_jack47harvestplantone.jpglarge.6047ec0156a18_jack47frost.jpg

there's still a couple of early one's to crop but i'm working so am too tired to carry on today, will chop some more tomorrow afternoon, they are well cooked. than let the rest finish, the later ones will need another week or more yet.

@diyleduk light and @Intense Nutrients nutes have blown me away even with my mistakes, and of course @Sweet Seeds-tommy jack 47 always delivers ;)

e2a, still 7 plants to chop as well :woot:

Edited by ratdog
20 people like this

Should rename it as Jack frost lol

Impressive looking buds there mate :thumsup: 

3 people like this

Super happy your enjoying Led revolution. Them buds are gorgeous,  you ennjoy. Don't supose you have any shots of buds side my side hps and led. Also do think the smoke will be different? Taste wise?

3 people like this