Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ratdog

Ratdog's 7th go at the chance to win more rolling papers, ratfact!

405 posts in this topic
8 minutes ago, btk1977 said:

@ratdog they're looking lush mate, just having a little catch up on the diaries after a nightmare few weeks. Getting nutrient levels right can be such a fine art during the flowering stage, I'd been playing it cautious after overdoing it towards start/mid flowering to suddenly being ravenous iirc when the buds start to bulk up. After quite a while where 1.5ml/l was all they could handle I was too slow to up it to the eventual 4ml/l they needed. Remember scoffing at the feeding guide (shogun) for ages as it recommended 3-4ml/l in softwater prior to that point lol 

hello mate, thanks for the kind words, i'm sure they won't want more than 3ml max tbh but i will be keeping a very close eye on them, having spent a small fortune on the new lights i want to get my money's worth. at least they are looking happy still. this intense stuff is certainly better and stronger than bio bizz.

4 people like this

11 minutes ago, ratdog said:

hello mate, thanks for the kind words, i'm sure they won't want more than 3ml max tbh but i will be keeping a very close eye on them, having spent a small fortune on the new lights i want to get my money's worth. at least they are looking happy still. this intense stuff is certainly better and stronger than bio bizz.

Yeh I was quite shocked with how much the cream caramels needed towards the end they were way hungrier than the fast bud to the point where I often had to feed them at different levels. Finickity things these plants at times!

Will have to give the Intense range a try at some point, just need to find a bricks and mortar store that sells them as don't like getting stuff posted these days. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

large.6016bbcfe7a16_threelights.jpg

Nice. I'm going to chuck a cmh in between two 600w leds in a 3x1.5.  I know leds run less efficiently/wear out faster if they operate hot, so I'll be keeping them both slightly above the cmh hood. 

You'll need co2 next if you turn all that juice on. Pk's going on too, what's so special about these fuckin papers?? 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, fatboy77 said:

Nice. I'm going to chuck a cmh in between two 600w leds in a 3x1.5.  I know leds run less efficiently/wear out faster if they operate hot, so I'll be keeping them both slightly above the cmh hood. 

You'll need co2 next if you turn all that juice on. Pk's going on too, what's so special about these fuckin papers?? 

i have just checked and there's very little heat coming from the edge of the cmh hood but i have made sure it's slightly lower just in case. no co2 but i do have intense pk phite to try out.

the papers lol they are bloody lovely, the lightest papers i've tried, i was a raw fan but raw taste like newspaper in comparison, it's a bit of a joke really as i have loads of packets from the last tow comps already mounting up, enough to last about 5 years atm

temps sitting at 27.5 half way up the tent

Edited by ratdog
5 people like this

1 hour ago, btk1977 said:

Will have to give the Intense range a try at some point

i have had issues with Ca def for about 5 years (it just seemed to start, the water board must have been fucking with the supply, i know we use a reservoir for our supply ) and i struggled to deal with it, and it's been solved by swapping to intense, i'm well impressed and should have made the switch ages ago tbh.

just rechecked my water supplier for hard/softness, and although they rate it as moderately soft, it's actually soft!

Edited by ratdog
4 people like this

Let's go! This is starting to get interesting.

The plants are not going to lack good light :hippy:

Come on Ratdog, Let's give it all! 

Out of curiosity, what breed is your dog?
Sweet smokes,
- Apolo

Edited by Sweet Seeds Apolo
3 people like this

48 minutes ago, Sweet Seeds Apolo said:

Let's go! This is starting to get interesting.

The plants are not going to lack good light :hippy:

Come on Ratdog, Let's give it all! 

Out of curiosity, what breed is your dog?
Sweet smokes,
- Apolo

thanks matey, the plants have definitely responded to the extra warmth with the cmh in there, they seem a little hapier and temps are about 28o this morning

large.6017dda671fdf_newlightdayafter.jpg

my boy is a border collie, lots of exercise for both of us! :)

10 people like this

1 minute ago, ratdog said:

my boy is a border collie, lots of exercise for both of us! :)

A great guardian. It is a very intelligent breed.  

Glad to hear you are enjoying time together with your buddy.

Sweet smokes,
- Apolo

Edited by Sweet Seeds Apolo
3 people like this

They look well happy man :yep:

On 30/01/2021 at 2:55 PM, Shumroom said:

I'm pretty sure @vince noir rock n roll starlikes the stuff too :D

He also reckons the rizo tastes like buckfast sooo :wassnnme:lol

3 people like this

1 minute ago, McHazy said:

He also reckons the rizo tastes like buckfast sooo

it certainly smells like a sweet alcoholic drink lol

3 people like this

today is day 31 in veg, another week or so will see these flipped i reckon. i'm loving the growth with these leds still, some lice stout branches and still fairly squat.

too many to take out and photograph them all but here's two zkittlez and crystal candy's at random and the do sweet do

zkittlez

large.601938ead4e92_zkittlez1.jpglarge.601938eca26f8_zkittlez2.jpg

crystal candy

large.60193900df669_crystalcandy.jpglarge.601939040565d_crystalcandy2.jpg

do sweet do

large.6019390c206b5_dosweetdo1.jpglarge.601939162618e_dosweetdotopshot.jpg

all are drinking faster now, so i have started feeding, 2ml grow, 2ml foundation, 1ml runzyme, and 1.5ml of mag/cal

temps are a steady 27.5-28 which i'm quite happy with now.

12 people like this

day 25 in flower for the jacks and do sweet do

large.60193cb64cc96_jack47sandadosweetdo2ndfeb.jpglarge.60193cb4b622b_jack47sandadosweetdo22ndfeb.jpg

starting to frost up nicely now

large.60193ca0983c8_cola3.jpg

not the best shots but it seems the light is penetrating nicely down the canopy

large.60193c9c7c092_cola2.jpglarge.60193c9ad28c8_cola1.jpg

foolishly i fed at 2.5ml bloom again this morning all bleary-eyed, they definitely only need a couple ml now at most i would say, no serious damage but there are signs they don't want more.

Edited by ratdog
20 people like this

Looking a picture of health.

3 people like this

19 minutes ago, threewisemonkeys said:

Looking a picture of health.

thanks for the kind words mate

3 people like this

No worries they’re stunning, I’m a couple of weeks behind you and seem to have limited the stretch as much as I could, I’ll be very happy if they look like yours in that time.

2 people like this