Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Teesside

Droopy in coco

hey guys plants starting to droop

yesterday I uped the light from 300w to 450w 

Is this the cause of this ive done loads of reading and it only says that heat can make the droop and over water etc

It not the heat temps are around 25 

Doesn't say anything that light intensity can do this i have just droped it back down to 300w and see how they respond but not 100% that it is the light just freaking me out abit 

I did have a circular fan blowing direct on the plants and thought it could of been that so now its facing side of tent but don't seem to have been that 

large.20200926_191618.jpg

Another thing that has changed on Wednesday i bought a oil radiator on a wireless thermostat for the room so temps are now between 25 and 27 all the time when I went to water today thought I would feel the side of the fabric pots and they felt dry before the oil rad they were always damp so do you think i should be watering twice a day now the air what is being sucked in through passive intakes is warm witch is obviously drying pots alot quicker 

Another thing I upped the light to 450 this was about 1 foot away from the largest tops I not a 100% if there was slight drooping before I upped the watage so anyway last night I raised the lighy to 2 foot but it didn't help so now its back to 300w and see how they go i just perfused they would be fine at this stage with 450w in a 1.2x1.2x2 

Edited by Teesside

Hi. Very unlikely to be related to light intensity imo. Drooping is usually from the medium staying too wet, getting too dry, or too cold. If you added a radiator before it started and pots are feeling dry much quicker I'd go with pots getting too dry, as you suggested..

1 person likes this

@uBercaMeL hey so if this is the case I have just watered them an hour or so ago would you expect the leaves to respond straight away ie before the morning comes cause if its underwatering am I right in thinking when I do water the should perk back up

Yeah you would usually expect so. If they dry out badly then the fine root hairs get damaged and the medium becomes slightly hydrophilic (repels water), it can take a few waterings for it to start acting properly again (it might have less water capacity/ more runs out the bottom).

They look pretty good though don't worry too much, just try feeding a bit more frequently and see how they react. With coco and multiple waterings per day I aim to get plants drinking ~their water capacity per day, so a 6l pot gets 1.5-2l per day. If I was just hand watering once every day or every other day I'd use larger pots, 10l ish, and aim to water 2.5-3l ish at each feeding..

Edited by uBercaMeL
2 people like this

Thanks man will check back in tomorrow night see how how they are hopefully a watering in the morning will perk them up 

1 person likes this

So just noticed this on a few leaves do you think this is wind burn like i say i had a 16inch fan blowing directly onto of Canopy this is the plant closest to the fan i have since moved it so its facing at the wall just want to double check this definitely looks like wind burn

large.20200927_100835.jpg

Maybe, can't say that is a symptom I recognise tbh. If it's definitely not getting colder than 20c at night I'd probably guess it was wind damage, yeah, or just another symptom of them having got a bit dry..

1 person likes this

Right so the leaves have definitely perked up abit after i give them a extra watering this morning still slight droop but much better

large.20200927_190809.jpg

Right so.now I have loads of brown shit on my leaves its only the ones at the upper end of the plant everything lower down is fine this has literally happened over night im adamant its wind burn I know it can take a while for it to show up on the leaves this is effecting two plants and funnily enough the two plants what was getting the most of my stupid desion to point a fan directly at them this has since been rectified the plant closest to the fan is definitely the worst the other isn't to bad at all hence the reason I'm thinking it is wind burn but I could be totally wrong and could be something totally different 

I will say i did drop the calmag down was giving 1ml a ltr but read somewhere they don't need it in flower so I would say i been giving about 5ml per roughly 15ltr could this be anything to do with it need help of some experienced guys hear think ive fucked them big time 

large.20200927_190753.jpglarge.20200927_190737.jpglarge.20200927_190712.jpglarge.20200927_190650.jpg

@uBercaMeL temps definitely not dropped man this is all a learning curve and I suppose problems like this are good when starting out so you can learn from them but man I feel like these plants are betraying me i give them nothing but love and they kick me while I'm down im go up there and chop the fucker down hahaha 

1 person likes this

do you think i should pull all effective leaves of and see if if any new ones appear or will that stress them out even more they are autos so 

Ah yeah that does look like wind burn. Many would call that a calcium deficiency, but it only usually shows under very high light or windy situations (high transpiration).

I would leave the affected leaves, maybe take a few of the worst ones off if you have a decent canopy underneath..

Edited by uBercaMeL
1 person likes this

I'm glad you agree with me so I know I'm not mis reading the problem thanks for the help man ill check back in next week with how its going hopefully all good 

1 person likes this