Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bongme

Cannabis dealer caught half way through one of his own spliffs

hi

Cannabis dealer caught half way through one of his own spliffs

"You look like a bright young fellow who wants to make something of yourself.”

A small-time cannabis dealer was caught red-handed as he smoked one of his own spliffs in the back of a friend’s car.

Callum Purdie had £380 worth of the drug bagged up ready for sale and messages on his phone showed he had been dealing for three months to pay for his own habit and pay off debts.

Police found him half way through a cannabis spliff in the back seat when they pulled over a friend’s BMW in Marldon Road, Torquay, on September 22 last year.

He was handed a suspended sentence at Exeter Crown Court after a Judge heard how he is trying to turn his life around and find a job and his own accommodation.

Purdie, aged 21, of Teignmouth Road, Torquay, admitted possession of cannabis with intent to supply and was jailed for 18 weeks, suspended for a year and ordered to do 150 hours of unpaid community work and 20 days of rehabilitation activity.

Judge Peter Johnson told him: ”You were caught by police in the course of what was then your business of supplying cannabis to a relatively small circle of friends in quantities of around an ounce at a time.

“You have been doing this for a number of months and have had the sense to acknowledge this. I am impressed by what I have read in the probation report.

“Clearly, since you were arrested, you are now motivated and want to lead a law-abiding life. You look like a bright young fellow who wants to make something of yourself.”

Mr Brian Fitzherbert, prosecuting, said Purdie handed a half finished spliff and a bag containing wraps of cannabis when he was arrested. He told them he had a similar bag he was taking to a friend.

They both weighed about 19 grams and the drugs had a street value of £380. Messages showed him taking orders since June and arranging collections or deliveries.

Mr Paul Dentith, defending, said Purdie had a difficult start to his adult life with periods of homelessness but is now in supported accommodation and hoping to find work.

He was naïve and in debt and his drug dealing was at the lower level and consisted of supplying a limited number of friends. His arrest was a catalyst for change.

He has not offended for a year and he now wants to become a useful member of society.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/cannabis-dealer-caught-half-way-4546530

Bongme

i love the way cannabis use is described as a habit, linking it in the minds of the public with heroin as a habit.  Is alcohol use a habit?  

Edited by Hir
4 people like this

hi

everything is a habit to the media and police unless they are doing it! 

Its all...

"Me Gusta" By Anitta (2020 Brazil Feat. Cardi B & Myke Towers )

Bongme :yinyang:

He was obviously not breaking the law in a very 'limited and specific way' - that's apparently OK now!

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, bongme said:

Purdie admitted possession of cannabis with intent to supply and was jailed for 18 weeks, suspended for a year and ordered to do 150 hours of unpaid community work and 20 days of rehabilitation activity

GWP sold 98 tons last year and they probably all got bonus’s..

8 people like this

Don’t forget British sugar, who actually sell more weed than sugar. They’ll never change the name to British weed though will they lol 

3 people like this

If I’m up against magistrates fighting for my freedom, I will point out that because the UK is the worlds biggest exporter of cannabis with the worlds smallest medicinal market, I no longer consent to these arbitrary and illogical laws as a citizen, therefore no crime has been committed. 

Fuck prohibition, and fuck hypocrite bs laws. They’re a myth. 

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

If I’m up against magistrates fighting for my freedom, I will point out that because the UK is the worlds biggest exporter of cannabis with the worlds smallest medicinal market, I no longer consent to these arbitrary and illogical laws as a citizen, therefore no crime has been committed. 

in that case make sure you bring up Theresa may and her husband. He is the biggest weed dealer in the uk and her family income is made up of money from weed sales.

then Prince Harry the little fuck. We knew he smoked it at school and now he moved to Canada and California the weed capitals of the world. If we were rich we’d fuck off there too but no chance. The little fucking pot head should have fought for legalisation not just fucked off and left us.

dont suppose you have anxiety or depression and take pills for it. If you do register for CanCard application so you can show that.

how many plants were you caught with? Just out of interest.

dont know if any of the below would help. The second one the cps refused to provide evidence because a multiple sclerosis patient was using weed chocolate bars and said it wasn’t in the public interest to prosecute.

https://www.healtheuropa.eu/police-boss-says-uk-should-regulate-cannabis-and-allow-home-grows/96868/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-cumbria-51012019

Edited by Whatwentwrong
1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Hate to say it because I agree with the sentiment but saying that will just get a harsher punishment. I expect 99% of people summoned to court don’t consent to being there.

1 person likes this

@NiceCuppaTea4MeI know it wouldn't help my case, as if you end up in the dock you're usually screwed anyway, but the injustice of legality needs to be pointed out. Kids getting criminal records for less that 30g, while a UK based company shifting 900,000kg of bud products internationally gets a listing on the NASDAQ, so directors and investors cash in. What the actual.. 

3 people like this