Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Smoking weed ‘raises risk of irregular heart rate, heart failure and heart attacks

95 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Nervous said:

He was involved in cannabis research for 30 years mate

do you not think that qualifies him somewhat on the subject.? he got into canna when his son needed it I thinks?

your moaning that he’s ‘over qualified’?

again, it’s like the psychosis thing, if weed caused your lungs to fail, or have adverse effects on cardiovascular, the 90’s, when ‘skunk’ aka sensimillia use rocketed would have seen unprecedented numbers in hospitals.. it didn’t happen, just like psychosis.

just look at countries that have moved away from criminalising, has it happened there.? No!

lol 

@twigs

didn't jack herrer die of heart attack? I see you have him in your signature....

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, twigs said:

do you not think that qualifies him somewhat on the subject.? he got into canna when his son needed it I thinks?

I'm not moaning at all mate, no need to be like that. Nor am I questioning his qualifications. The thing I am questioning is his credibility due to conflicts of interest. Don't you think cannabis saving his son might be another reason for him to be biased/another conflict of interest? I certainly would be toting cannabis if it saved one of my relatives lives.  

26 minutes ago, twigs said:

again, it’s like the psychosis thing

Not questioning that either as I don't have two degrees in psychology that tell me otherwise. I've experienced cannabis making mental health issues worse personally but that isn't a reason to think it will be the same for everyone because we're so mentally diverse.  

All I'm saying mate, is that there are multiple reasons why he would be biased/have conflicts. 

1 person likes this

@twigs

1st stroke he suffered in 2000 at hemp festival near Eugene,in 2010 Portland's hempstalk  he suffert heart attack after his speech ....i always seen him with a fat joint  (in the pictures) also speaking increases your blood pressure a bit hence when taking your readings you should be quiet

1 person likes this

while we on the topic,i can see another condition and our beloved plant worth mentioning.

cannabis does lower blood sugar (whitey) but for people who suffer from hypoglicemia-low blood sugar this can lead to diabetic coma.

You can be brain damaged from going into one,we had in our place(mental health) of work one case like this,but the guy was an alcoholic before the event.

I am not scare mongering here or being paid by daily mail just want to mention possible risks.

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, joba said:

@twigs

didn't jack herrer die of heart attack? I see you have him in your signature....

he did rip :( 

and bob marley died of cancer, so what? doesn’t stop the fact cannabis targets cancer cells.. 

lots of people die from heart attacks that have never used cannabis, the majority i guess

perhaps jack wouldn’t have lasted as long if he hadn’t used cannabis more to the point.

all of the points i mention are documented scientifically :)  this isn’t made up stuff, cannabis is a protector for the body, it doesn’t attack your body, it’s non toxic lol 

it builds neuro networks, makes new brain cells, protects your heart, lungs, brain and cells has done for hundreds of years.. 

but now it’s bad all of a sudden lol 

6 minutes ago, joba said:

while we on the topic,i can see another condition and our beloved plant worth mentioning.

cannabis does lower blood sugar (whitey) but for people who suffer from hypoglicemia-low blood sugar this can lead to diabetic coma

it’s also used to regulated blood pressure and has been shown to be good for people with diabetes.. and an excellent exit drug (alcohol) 

water kills you dude but we need it to live..

the sun gives you cancer..

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

@twigs

I am not saying it is all bad at all.

cannabis helped me a lot from not taking so much oxy's after surgery,mentaly,better quality of life

but i have been heavy cannabis user for 17 years,on the day of the scan when my tumour was discovered I had 2g of RSO in Jello-O sweets for the weekend ready so,imagine my shock,i read all over uk420 cannabis cures/kills cancer ,why the fuck I am having a cancer? been self mediacting my symptoms for 3 years prior to my diagnoses ,back ache and high BP and it did help but had those massive spikes in BP etc.The tumour has been there for about 5 years my oncologists thinks.

I have never seen pictures of my CT scans,it isn't like on US drama shows,so for 3 months me allready taking 0.25g of RSO a day I went to gram a day but the cancer was still there otherwise I woudnt have 30% of my kidney gone now typing this.

not having a go at anyone just trying to show you my perspective

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@joba i’m really sorry to here of your problems mate, cannabis can work it’s been shown to, but we don’t know when or where the illnesses are going to crop up or why, It’s more than likely you were drawn to cannabis in the first place because of your cancer perhaps? the same as self medicating mental heath sufferers or anybody with an illness cannabis can help with but we didn’t know the facts 20-30 years ago..

we should be useing canna a lot more I think as a protector than we do now for the problems people like yourself have..

are these illnesses more prevalent now because our endo-system has been starved for decades for pharmaceutical control of drugs and people.?

eat up dude I managed to help stop and slightly shrink a brain tumor in a local sufferer.. giving them extended time with their family until they passed..  but it did help, but it should have been sooner and more.. :(  :yinyang:

all the best

Edited by twigs
spell and numbers
1 person likes this

Not necessarily the Cannabis being the hazard but how about inhaling carbon monoxide and incinerated plant particles:furious: Some joints are spicier than others and certainly are a cause for coughing.

What may give cause for concern to smokers is to take all the stuff one smokes in a year and lay it out on a big table, tobacco, cigarettes,  buds, whatever and think about where all that bulk ends up?? I did and got some shock when visualising the quantity of plant material to be burnt and processed by tender little lungs, the poor chest has to absorb and separate the chemicals and debris on a molecular basis but look at the bulk over a year?

it's like one absorbs half a tree into their body through their bloodstream, it's a bit scary but was easy to quit tobacco after seeing what 52 packets measured up to be. stabbing pains in heart have gone since quitting tobacco.

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Nervous said:

@twigs is why you won't see it reported as cannabis related

lol how convenient..if they could prove it they would dude,  because it would be another fake weapon against natural cannabis the government fire at people..

just like any other negative they print in the media whilst all the time pathing the pharmaceutical path towards a flood of cannabis ‘medicine’

its the safest thing you can use/put in your body ..and they hate that.

cannabis is safer than exercise ‘because’ it puts your body in the same state as gentle/mild exercise without the impact damage.. why don’t they report that i wonder.. getting thin and fit not doing any spending on gym equipment etc 

every time somebody smokes a joint they are giving themselves regular gentle cardiovascular work out in the safest way ‘should’ be the headline but they reversed it the same as psychosis.. it protects you against psychosis so they say it gives you psychosis.. 

the bigger the lie the more believable it is..

why don’t they repeat in the news that the most decorated olympian ever regularly smoked bongs lol

or the fastest man on earth attributes this to training..”eating chicken and smoking ganja every day”! (he then had to apologise lol )

Edited by twigs
spell and stuff
1 person likes this

:lucky::rofl: Good Luck with...

1 hour ago, twigs said:

cannabis is safer than exercise

Just had a great laugh reading that sentence while imagining the 'Goodmorning' presenters grimacing for the TV cameras.

large.lifter.jpg

But then i remembered many reports in the last ten years of fit young footballers dropping dead on the pitch or after the match, newspapers refer to it as Sudden Death Syndrome but it is very much connected with young footballers, absolutely no connection with cannabis.

Unfortunate Joggers, swimmers, marathon runners blow gaskets in mid session. There's no end to sports injuries and tragic deaths, little prohibition much glorification and popularizing.

And yet the one death with a bong in the hand! Despite coughing violently, swooning, whiteying, bloodshot redeyes, no one dies!

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, joba said:

does anyone messure their blood pressure? I do out of curiosity and the sativa high,some call it 'racy' high your BP goes into dangerous zone and so does your hear rate increase.talking values 180/100 for couple of hours...than it goes down eventually

I remember a few years back I went into the docs as I had some concerns about my health (unrelated).. He asked if he could take my blood pressure. He proceeded to do so and at the very moment he looked at the figures his face was a white wash, he looked like he'd seen a ghost or something. He called in 2 other practitioners, and immediately they put me on an ECG to check my heart.... I had indeed smoked a rather fat joint of sativa a couple hours before that visit... He never said what happened, just discharged me after I'd been on the ECG for 15mins and all looked fine... I put two and two together and figured it was the pot affecting my blood pressure... Never smoked in the morning before the docs again.... Wish I could say I never smoked again, but, cannabis has been a crutch that has supported me through many years of intense levels of stress due to grief and multiple incapacitating injuries and failed operations... I'm no scientist, but I'd hazard a guess that the levels of stress I've experienced over the last 10 years have been more detrimental to my health than my smoking habit... Then again, maybe I'm just a stupid millenial with a larger focus on my mental health than my physical...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, twigs said:

its the safest thing you can use/put in your body

and 

2 hours ago, twigs said:

cannabis is safer than exercise

and 

2 hours ago, twigs said:

every time somebody smokes a joint they are giving themselves regular gentle cardiovascular work

Beggars belief! Think you might be the only one thinking the above but you have the right to do so. 

You can stop trying to convince me though - I feel like I'm talking to a priest at this point. 

Edited by Nervous

@twigs Can I request (if you haven't already) that you put all the science you're using to support your arguments into its own thread? Then whenever these sorts of topics come up you can just refer to that and people can read facts.

I know from experience that one can read your words and one instantly believes them because it is what one wants to hear. Let the facts speak for themselves.

One needs to be clear because obviously combusted materials in the lungs (even cannabis) are undoubtedly harmful.