Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dov1

1st ever grow, auto amnesia and auto white widow under 250w HPS

163 posts in this topic
9 hours ago, mrrichiet said:

Looks great mate, you've grown it well. I'd be tempted to chop now as those colas look like botrytis nurseries! Get your fingers in there and have a good root around, pull the buds apart, let plenty of fresh air get in there. 

Tah, tell me about it i check daily humidity and airflow is a lot better now than with her and the amnesia squashed in the little tent so im hoping not to get a second bout, i was tempted to chop last night but the triches have a little way to go, im at day 89 i believe on her atm so maybe ill take her to 92/95 and chop, in no rush as the G shizzle saplings having emerged yet. But man wpukd it be a pain if i lost some of this girl too!

Also quick back track onto the flush convo obvs i didnt flush the amnesia and since smoking her daily now i wont be flushing this girl either using biobizz :) just let the soil properly dry out before chop. 

16 minutes ago, Dov1 said:

i check daily humidity and airflow

Personally I don't think the overall humidity and air circulation make a difference. Where the stem is engulfed by bud no air gets in and it's very moist due to transpiration. Once it's been like that for a few weeks it's almost impossible not to get rot. Plants have been hybridised too quickly for big buds and they haven't fully adapted to it. I concur with it still looking a bit early to chop but Id' still recommend pulling apart the buds to let the airflow in and to have a jolly good check. 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, mrrichiet said:

Personally I don't think the overall humidity and air circulation make a difference. Where the stem is engulfed by bud no air gets in and it's very moist due to transpiration. Once it's been like that for a few weeks it's almost impossible not to get rot. Plants have been hybridised too quickly for big buds and they haven't fully adapted to it. I concur with it still looking a bit early to chop but Id' still recommend pulling apart the buds to let the airflow in and to have a jolly good check. 

Oh i see that makes a lot of sense!

I do, in my eyes a bit over board pull the buds from the stems and check down them for any fuzz. With how the times are i think ill risk it and give her 5 more days ive got enough of the ami for me to smoke 2 spliffs an evening for the next 3months and more anyway haha. Im gonna be swimming in green after these next plants ill probs take a break from growing till im down to 1 or 2 jars again 

2 people like this

Well day 92 and shes come down!

Riddled with cloudy triches, really enjoyed the effects of the amnesia so im excited to find out what this girls like since shes had more time to develop. 

large_210.jpglarge_211.jpglarge.5f8c86b6e2d7c_211(1).jpg

Defo looks much larger than the amnesia hanging! Think ill get a fair bit of a yield to last me :smokin:

6 people like this

Man photos like these are what made me take the plunge. Fingers are crossed I see anything like this in my own tent 

1 person likes this

So day 9 into drying and all is looking good, from experience with the last chop id expect her to hang for another 2 - 3 days and then trim.

large_217.jpg

As much as i cant wait to jar her up. Man the trim is a pain in the arse aha

8 people like this

5 hours ago, Dov1 said:

As much as i cant wait to jar her up. Man the trim is a pain in the arse aha

I was so excited the first time I had to trim but that honeymoon is now well and truely over!! I like when it is finally in jars though

1 person likes this

She's a beast mate

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, InMyPocket said:

I was so excited the first time I had to trim but that honeymoon is now well and truely over!! I like when it is finally in jars though

This is it, was about 60g into the first chop when i realised i love the whole process apart from the trim but its worth gritting through haha

2 minutes ago, Teesside said:

She's a beast mate

Thanks man, not bad from some discount seeds!

2 people like this

These days I put a pair of rubber gloves on and using my fingers I pluck all the large & small fan leaves off as soon as I chop. They snap nicely whilst they're still turgid. I then cut all the small fan leaves on the popcorn buds (usually just the bottom set) and then trim all the bits of fan leaf poking out (sometimes saving those bits for rosin press). Doing it this way I can get through a plant in about 10-15 minutes. The gloves really help as getting sticky fingers is a pain in the arse. No way could I let it hang and dry like you have - the trimming would kill me! I know there's a little to be said about the way you do it but I'm not convinced the benefits outweigh the cons!

Edited by mrrichiet

23 minutes ago, mrrichiet said:

These days I put a pair of rubber gloves on and using my fingers I pluck all the large & small fan leaves off as soon as I chop. They snap nicely whilst they're still turgid. I then cut all the small fan leaves on the popcorn buds (usually just the bottom set) and then trim all the bits of fan leaf poking out (sometimes saving those bits for rosin press). Doing it this way I can get through a plant in about 10-15 minutes. The gloves really help as getting sticky fingers is a pain in the arse. No way could I let it hang and dry like you have - the trimming would kill me! I know there's a little to be said about the way you do it but I'm not convinced the benefits outweigh the cons!

I thought of this but i like how the fan  leaves extend the dry a little bit. Its a pain but im happy gritting through.

I want to get into using the cut offs for rosin etc in the future for now all the trim just goes in the blender and then bin.

10 to 15mins man i envy you i was at it for like 2hours on the ami haha hopfully im a bit faster this time. Gloves are a good idea i found the trimming blade got blocked up with what seemed like hash and i had to clean those off about 4 times during the trim. 

Next grow im going to trim off all the lower plant stuff so im not dealing with shitty popcorn bits  come trim. My mate gets all those bit when hes round for a smoke atm :smokin:

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Dov1 said:

Gloves are a good idea

They're a must in my opinion (it took me so long to realise this lol). I presume you know the sort I mean - the surgical type ones not the washing up type ones!! 

1 person likes this

@mrrichiet no wooly mittens then? lol

1 person likes this

lol 

The white widow has been all chopped over the last 3 days as branches felt ready. Got a total of 158g off her.

sticky, stinky, fat buds. So excited for a few weeks time when i can smoke her! 

Didnt get many pics as phone decided to fuck up but ill upload some shortly that i have.

With both girls under the 250w hps on 18/6 theyve managed the gram per watt and a tiny bit more, id expect a good 50g more if i hadnt cut so much rot out of the amnesia! 

I used only biobizz rootjuice, grow and bloom. Id like to try some topmax in future grows to see if it enhances the taste at all. 

4 people like this