Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dov1

1st ever grow, auto amnesia and auto white widow under 250w HPS

98 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello growers! So after a few weeks of research and slowly getting all my grow bits i started my first ever grow, i was doing a diary in another area but have a lot of questions as i go and see people get a lot of help here in the autoflower section so im going to continue it here.

Here is my setup:

80x80x160 tent

250w dual spectrum HPS lamp

Fox 6inch extraction kit with sound muffling ducting & carbon filter

2x desk fans for circulcation

2x termostates with HR ( different makes )

2x 5gal fabric pots

Lumelite heavy duty 600w timer

Biobizz root juice

Biobizz grow

Biobizz bloom

Plant magic plus supreme soil

Yesterday was day 20 and it seems the auto amnesia has started to enter her preflower? Start of flower? Noticing a few pistils forming, pot felt light again so watered 2L of 24hr sat tap water with 2ml of Biobizz grow and 2ml of biobizz Bloom.

large.20200802_204410.pnglarge.20200802_204340.png

Shes bushed our nicely and my LST has seemed to have worked, ive pulled down the main stem again to even canopy more however am concerned that i should stop LST now that pistils are growing and let heads stretch, would this be a good choice? 

large.20200802_204517_compress3.jpglarge.MI_02082020_204556_compress33.jpglarge.20200802_204440_compress0.jpg

As for the auto white widow yesterday was day 15 and shes starting to grow quicker, have been tucking leaves and done sone LST to open up those lower branchs to some light, her pot is still heavy from last water where she had 2L tap water with 8ml of biobizz rootjuice and 2ml of a generic calmag 

large.20200802_204454.png 

Edited by Dov1
7 people like this

Posted (edited)

What auto amnesia you growing mate?

e2s What breeder^

Edited by Sgt Smash
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Sgt Smash said:

What auto amnesia you growing mate?

e2s What breeder^

theyre both £2.50 discount seeds from female seeds uk (i believe theyre own breed) cheap and cheerful for first run, going to be running some shortstuff seeds next as this seems to be going well, tha shiz and gorilla shizzle.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Dov1 said:

theyre both £2.50 discount seeds from female seeds uk (i believe theyre own breed) cheap and cheerful for first run, going to be running some shortstuff seeds next as this seems to be going well, tha shiz and gorilla shizzle.

Ah cool, fingers crossed they trun out to be a bargin then mate

Ya never know they might just be old stock but still good to use named breeders. Dinafem do good Amnesia auto's, I grew their Amnesia CBD Auto last year really hardy plant that handle all my nooby mistake like a champ lol

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Sgt Smash said:

Ah cool, fingers crossed they trun out to be a bargin then mate

Ya never know they might just be old stock but still good to use named breeders. Dinafem do good Amnesia auto's, I grew their Amnesia CBD Auto last year really hardy plant that handle all my nooby mistake like a champ lol

Perhaps, their website does say its their own breeds, but you never know going to get a bigger tent and 2 mars hydro tsw2000 to run side by side eventually thats my big goal.

Did you LST at all? My ami is starting to flower with the pisils coming out now and i dont know wether to stop LST now or continue, i think i need to let the stretch happen and just make sure each site has its own space but not 100%?

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Dov1 said:

Perhaps, their website does say its their own breeds, but you never know going to get a bigger tent and 2 mars hydro tsw2000 to run side by side eventually thats my big goal.

Did you LST at all? My ami is starting to flower with the pisils coming out now and i dont know wether to stop LST now or continue, i think i need to let the stretch happen and just make sure each site has its own space but not 100%?

It's normally considered best to not top most auto strains as you risk stunting them, Flower stage is probably too late to do any major LST other than making sure you have a bit of space between bud sites.

Future grows you should consider photoperiod's as you can do more with them as you have control over the veg and flower cycles making them more forgiving when topping and LST.

31 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

It's normally considered best to not top most auto strains as you risk stunting them, Flower stage is probably too late to do any major LST other than making sure you have a bit of space between bud sites.

Future grows you should consider photoperiod's as you can do more with them as you have control over the veg and flower cycles making them more forgiving when topping and LST.

I think youve misunderstood haha, Ive not topped? Ive LSTED throughout veg, theyre starting to stretch nicely i just checked up on em im just gonna make sure they stay even.

Yeah i plan to try photos out some day.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Dov1 said:

I think youve misunderstood haha, Ive not topped? Ive LSTED throughout veg, theyre starting to stretch nicely i just checked up on em im just gonna make sure they stay even.

Yeah i plan to try photos out some day.

Ah yes, Not sure how i ended up making that mistake lol My bad

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

Ah yes, Not sure how i ended up making that mistake lol My bad

Its cool man its good to share info hopfully the topping comment helps someone else who isnt sure :)

1 person likes this

Good luck with these @Dov1! Fwiw I'd stop training and let them stretch a bit. :yinyang:

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, BodhiGarden said:

Good luck with these @Dov1! Fwiw I'd stop training and let them stretch a bit. :yinyang:

Thanks i have stopped LST however im going to continue to gently tuck the big leaves to give more light to the budsites and tops, i would trim but i have seen a few diaries where they said it reduced yields for autoflowers 

1 person likes this

Good Luck im growing an Auto Amnesia as well in my first grow right now mines if from Growers Choice

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, Dov1 said:

Thanks i have stopped LST however im going to continue to gently tuck the big leaves to give more light to the budsites and tops, i would trim but i have seen a few diaries where they said it reduced yields for autoflowers 

I trimmed one of my autos and she just kept vegging while the other two plants started flowering. I thought that was down to me trimming, on reflection I think was genetics. So after that I never trimmed either the royal dwarf or the northern lights and both are thick with larf and underdeveloped buds. I found budrot in the NL last week in the biggest bud, fortunately confined to a couple of stems, they’re flushing now and ready to crop in a couple of days.
I’m sure the budrot was down to poor airflow through the buds. I wished I had trimmed her now. Keep that in mind, I think it makes flowering time longer, I’ve trimmed both outdoor autos and they are both fine. 
Im not trying to give you advice, I’m a proper noob with indoor growing, just my first grow experience, 

Good luck and happy growing :smokin:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Flamedodger it seems to be the common idea that it impacts the autoa negitivley ill save lollipopping for when i try photos one day. 

Yeah could have been your air flow or high humidity for the rot, if i notice humidity about 70+ near the end and cant get it down any other way ill trim to stop as much aspiration (these are just my ideas from what ive researched, its all experimental till ive got a few grows under my belt!)

Edited by Dov1

Day 20 from seed? If so continue with LST if you want. You’ll know it’s time to stop when it gets a bit woody. Plenty of time yet.

1 person likes this