Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

zen-ken

Hso x sherbinski in the water garden

77 posts in this topic

My VPN is back up now .....so I’m back to be an annoyance again lol :skin_up:

1 person likes this

Sorry....I had pics to update and deleted them trying to bugger about.....I’ll get some more up later

The difference between the strains is very very obvious now.

the matcha is lovely squat indica that despite my failure to control my environment continues to thrive....a really bushy number that throws up loads of runners....typical indica egg shaped buds forming.

however the SBG has paid the price for a lack of control.

she grows like a sativa....and controlled properly would produce great towers of bud.....I had to keep the EC lower to maintain the status quo....they have got a bit stretchy.

I considered A/C but the heatwaves are so infrequent for me a change of lights seems a better investment for my medicine now. :skin_up:

4 people like this

large.BBD36A64-054D-4644-9600-8E2E43826133.jpeglarge.4A48C245-6FE7-4682-9C1E-C11FC9196B2C.jpeg

as u can clearly see .....top is SBG and the bottom purple matcha

very consistent plants that are doing very very well all things considered :skin_up:

6 people like this

large.C4B7230C-9C7E-47B8-8828-261BB22F57D8.jpeglarge.1FCB9D08-1035-432B-802E-C61E80EAB222.jpeg

The purple matcha.....really like this strain so far..all three are like clones. :skin_up:

8 people like this

large.A2E5A823-959F-4668-A407-F8BCCD1E129C.jpeg

san bacio gelato.....this one is coping just fine....I have got slight burn on the tips of the others but that’s over by the looks of it lol and my environment is back on track for the moment. The girls continue to feed well around 1.3 with the top up set to 0.8 but tbf I had to add some silver bullet to be on the safe side as the top up has no pump and relies on me stirring it daily.....it’s also been getting warmer than I would like.  

Edited by zen-ken
9 people like this

22 hours ago, zen-ken said:

large.C4B7230C-9C7E-47B8-8828-261BB22F57D8.jpeglarge.1FCB9D08-1035-432B-802E-C61E80EAB222.jpeg

The purple matcha.....really like this strain so far..all three are like clones. :skin_up:

The Matcha really is a lovely looking thing. The shade of green is to die for. Easy to control and as you say throws out a good number of tops.

You’re looking well there owd chap, beaut :yep:

5 people like this

On 11/07/2020 at 3:55 PM, badbillybob said:

i did wonder about using an aero prop for seeds, but never seen anyone else try it. 

how are they getting on? Are they root it cubes not a bit too wet in there Ken, or have you used this method before?

HAve you just got it running constantly, or off a timer or what?

good luck with these mucka. 

Bob u wont believe this go try it i did...

Cut cuttings and put in glass of water leave em under ya plant near pot. Change water after 7days day 10 roots will be allover

Its stupid i didnt believe it lol. So never too wet i made my tub with 8splinkler emitters what i do is cut a hole in netpot base put the emitter in then it shoots watrr inside the net pot.

My seedlings shot 20 roots out in 1 go not 1 main taproot lol..

Them are some damn tight noded plants

2 people like this

Alright there @zen-ken

The water garden is looking spot on :yep:

Have you made the decision to switch your lights solely due to the heat?

A mate or mine has an aircon system, it runs around 11kw so as you can image it absolutely  guzzles the leccy, bloody weather eh :haveadab:

Or is there other reasoning behind the move, and finally what lights have you decided to go for?

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

2 people like this

4 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

Alright there @zen-ken

The water garden is looking spot on :yep:

Have you made the decision to switch your lights solely due to the heat?

A mate or mine has an aircon system, it runs around 11kw so as you can image it absolutely  guzzles the leccy, bloody weather eh :haveadab:

Or is there other reasoning behind the move, and finally what lights have you decided to go for?

Take it easy. Jj:yinyang:

Mainly heat control bro but others as well.

i can’t draw too many watts and I’m pushing it already tbf. Head height and the fact the growstar shade is completely inappropriate and should be in a tent made my mind up....the lighting is very unbalanced. 

I have ordered a couple of migro arrays to plug the gap until I can add some dialaduck offerings to the ones I already have....was gonna keep the 315cmh in.

Should stop the chiller kicking in so much as well. 
hope u and urs are very well :smokin:

Edited by zen-ken
3 people like this

I’ll get some pics up....been slack on this diary.  Sorry mark 

the temps did not help me lol 

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

hope u and urs are very well :smokin:

All good here brother.

Jj :yinyang:

2 people like this

Tbh ....,the SBG is a monster 

the bud structure has caught me off guard tbf but I can see if u have the head room you are being rewarded with what I’m seeing in places.

Head space is premium for me so the matcha is easier to tame and would fair better under LED due to its shear number of runners.....but the SBG looks something special despite my environmental issues.

:skin_up:

6 people like this

Hey mate, 

I found this and immediately thought of you 

large.IMG-20200911-WA0001.jpg

lol

Glad things are getting back on track, I couldn't resist this pic given your labelling fun at the start 

Edited by Oldbear
4 people like this

DISASTER!!!!!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

fucking bud rot and root rot......I knew the temps were gonna get me eventually 

done a quick chop.....left two running as they are no where near ready 

finger hash is delicious.....got some fire bud ......but this is not my best effort 

despite all of this not a hermie in sight.  I think that’s the real testament to these strains....ignore my shite attempt lol LEDs are going on next week so this won’t be happening again !!!

1 person likes this

@zen-ken fuck dude thats a right bastard. Hope you didnt lose too much. They looked beaut n all. 

Im on edge for buds turning with the humidity as it is. In for another sweaty night here again. Eeeek.

On a positive note, made some purple matcha cookies yesterday .... jesus h .... youre in for a right treat lol 

3 people like this