Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ItainteazyE

Am i going completly mad!?

Ive bought a 12" inline fan and x2 12 to 10" reducers so i can use 10 inch duct to feed through the grow tent hole, i realised that i needed a small piece of 12 inch duct to make it work, so i ended up buying a 10m length as thats all i could get.

Now the 12" duct will not fit onto the fan... I've tried cutting it at the sides and stretching it... it just will not go on! It is driving me crazy. What am i missing here? Dam

Thanks

You don't have 12" ducting. 

It is 12" 300mm ducting..

The fan however says 315mm on the side which equates to 12.5 inches.. i smell a rat... what do you reccommend?

I thought you said you had 10" ducting and a reducer. Never used a reducer so can't help with that, sure you'll crack it tho. Blaze one and fiddle. 

Is this an intake or extract fan?

Is there going to be a carbon filter attached to it?

Surely you wanted 10" ducting?

What brand is the fan?

Its a 12" blauberg fan, ill be using it for extraction, im using 10"' ducting because thats the maximum size to fit through the duct holes on the tent. Ive therefore bought 12" duct and 10" duct... im using a small piece of the 12" and then a reducer either side to the 10"' ducting, with a carbon filter on one side and the extraction out through a hole in the wall.

I just can't get the dam ducting over the fan...

Posted (edited)

@ItainteazyE

Is it a 10" or a 12" filter?

Is the piece of 12" duct going to the filter?

If so i would just duct tape the carbon filter directly to the fan, then if you have a fast clamp use it over the duct tape to secure the join

Edited by Punk#1

My 12" fan is 312mm if your ducting is only 300mm there's your problem

But if the fan and filter are the same size then join them with duct tape I used a whole roll when I connected mine up

1 person likes this