Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Henroid

Tiny 9w CFL for start?

Posted (edited)

I have a little piece of shit lamp with a 9w CFL, could This be a veg light for one single 

Edited by Henroid

Always forget the joys of uploading pics :unsure:

large.81C8E453-540B-4657-954B-7F33786DE2A9.jpeg

Posted (edited)

why not start with a 20w cfl they very are easy to find at the shops,
then get a cola can or something longer if possible and use a tin opener on the end then cut it down middle wahla a reflector 

Edited by vape_ninja
1 person likes this

@vape_ninja hey bro

I was just wondering if it would even work and how far it would get it?

I will.put it in a cardboard box with reflective sheeting and air vent holes to vent some of the cfl heat

Any replies are helpful

Thanks guy and girls

Peace

IMO it would work for a good few days above ground, it will stretch lots as the light isn't strong enough :)

1 person likes this

@jumpman233345.

Thanks for the reply bro.

Yeah I had this feeling it would be something like that, I have a R80 800lumen bulb but only fits E27 fitting which I don't have which is a bit annoying, because I have a feeling the R80 would do the job a lot better

Anyway thanks again man

Any tips would be much appreciated

Peace

You can get 100w LED bulbs from Home bargains   6500k and 2700k   £3   If its any help

2 people like this

To start off with I'd fuck off those Xbox games and get a PS4 ;) 

1 person likes this

Sone this with 3cfls micro grow.

gallery_93172_13589_425448.jpggallery_93172_13589_103875.jpggallery_93172_13589_204269.jpggallery_93172_13589_42990.jpggallery_93172_13589_272930.jpggallery_93172_13589_199033.jpggallery_93172_13589_306336.jpggallery_93172_13589_196409.jpggallery_93172_13589_331682.jpggallery_93172_13589_34867.jpggallery_93172_13589_88979.jpg

Ill find the diary.

1 person likes this

Plants won't stretch under that lamp at all.  Well not one plant.  It's perfectly fine and will veg a plant just lovely albeit slowly.  You can put those cfls pretty damn close to a plant also.  Like an inch away as long as temps are good.

Crack on chap.

3 people like this

Hey guys

Cheers for all your replies 

@Jimboo.

Thanks for the heads up man, I have got a LED dimmable R80 spotlight but it's a E27 fitting can't go out to get a lamp to fit it though :thumbdown:

@ExGerminate 

nope, just want to get a ps4 to have both, love meh xbox brah

@Exile420 

Looking good man, surprising what you can do with CFL's I just need to get a single one going, reckon I can do it? 

@Phoenix thanks for the input bro, I'll give it a go and see how it goes, just got to prep a cardboard box lol

2 people like this

you defintiely need more than 9w you can get a clip on bayonet fitting for a CFL and put a 20w in it with a diy reflector that would get you going , then maybe add another 

Click on the link in my sig i did 125w CFL Dual spectrum start to finish 

On 3/18/2020 at 8:30 PM, Henroid said:

I have a little piece of shit lamp with a 9w CFL, could This be a veg light for one single 

There's a grow diary with a 10W Ikea lamp that might interest you.

@mister phlegm.

Hey thanks bro

Very interesting stuff

Only problem is Ikea is distance from me lol

Been in home base looking at T5's but it's like a gardening shop for rich people

Not because it's good quality but because they charge horrendous prices for the same.stuff you can get else where

1 person likes this