Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bushmat

High humidity & low temp

24 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, The Green Manalishi said:

You will want to keep the contents in the bucket at 26c at a RH of 62% or the curing process will not take place, and your shmoke will be on the harsh side, I don’t know the size of your bucket, but you might need several bovedas in there, if you can place a hygrometer in with your bud to keep a eye on your range. Keep it solid for a couple of weeks, again the longer the better, but that’s up to you :yep: 

How should the boveda pack react to that? 

The last one I had was a 67g and it gained about 5 grams and stayed like that 

I did uses the bovedas before, but not required, just make sure your buds are dry before bucketing up, keep your nose open for an Ammonia smell, if you get this your buds are still damp, remove your buds for an hour or so, let them air a little and replace in the bucket, whilst keeping your temp and RH the same.

Sorry bud, don’t quite understand the question, how to the packs react?

Do you mean the pack are swelling up with moisture?

2 minutes ago, The Green Manalishi said:

Do you mean the pack are swelling up with moisture?

Yeah.. It put on 5 grams 

Ah you might need more that one, originally for cigar humidors, in small boxes, so a bucket might need a few, how many though, I couldn’t tell you. But to be honest, you don’t need them, once you have the temp and RH locked in and the bucket stored at 26c your golden, 

1 person likes this

On 19/03/2020 at 8:19 PM, The Green Manalishi said:

You will want to keep the contents in the bucket at 26c at a RH of 62% or the curing process will not take place, and your shmoke will be on the harsh side, I don’t know the size of your bucket, but you might need several bovedas in there, if you can place a hygrometer in with your bud to keep a eye on your range. Keep it solid for a couple of weeks, again the longer the better, but that’s up to you :yep: 

Started the trim tonight. :cowboy:

First attempt at dry Trimming!  

This is the 10th day drying.

The dry process began with hanging the whole plant upside down after removing the fan leaves. 

The drying climate was around +70% humidity and low teen temps. 

Day 2 I introduced a dehumidifier for a few hours to bring the humidity down. 

After this the humidity stayed just above 60% for the next few days until today where it dropped to around 55% today. 

The blue cheese that I had drying had dramatically srunk back in size but still had a lovely smell and is completely covered in trichomes. 

As for trimming I hardly had to use my scissor. The leaves were so dry that they just fell off after rubbing with my finger. I don't think I let them dry out to much because the buds didn't really snap off from the stem. 

Now I'm getting ready to cure I'm just skeptical about curing at the 26* that you've recommended!!! 

Sorry for doubting this but can anyone else recommend this because all other advice leans towards a cooler environment! 

Yeah it seems weird, dry at low temps, cure with higher, I’ll try and get into my pc and get the links. What temps have you been curing at before, usually if something works for me I’ll stick with it, just polished off the rest of my skunk, which is over a year old, not my kind but was so smoooooth, harshness on the throat comes from poorly cured bud.:hippy:

1 person likes this

There is a good guide on the dinafem site, be better of following that man, don’t won’t to fuck your crop :hippy: