Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noddy

VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED

Hi just wondering if anyone has had any results of these leds , i want to try them but wonder are they worth the time .

thanks all

1 person likes this

Hey Noddy.  I used one for about 5 grows.  I found that it was great for veg but flowers seemed a little light and airy - could have been a lack of fresh circulating air but I never really got on with it.  I released the moths from my wallet and upgraded to a DIYLEDUK Scope 220 and saw massive improvements in the same space (70 x 70). 

The Vipar draws around 200W from the wall and is plenty in a small space but there seems to be waaay too much blue and not enough reds so not ideal for flowering.  If you've already bought it, use it for veg with just the grow switch on.  Hope this helps.

3 people like this

@JJJ thanks mate i am trying to get an idea before i buy right now i run hps and cfl , the cfl i use to start them under 300w then i switch to the hps 250w dual spec for flower on auto's get fair results but as i am tryingto make my way over to pure cbd and get may be a years worth of bud in may be 1 or 2 grows then i can make all my own oils to last a year .

I think i will look at DIYLEDUK i chatted to them before but funds ran out as long story but wife had major health issues and had to revamp the house walking in wet rooms high rise loos you name it .

thanks for the imput

3 people like this

I've been a fan of cheaper led's...

Started with the platinum led 600(not really cheaper)

Then bought quite a few vipar spectra(still have/use them years later)

Recently got some mars hydros tsw2000

Like JJJ said, side by side other LED's the vipars  flowers seem to turn up a bit smaller but plenty dank with proper care I've seen great returns with these lights for the value. It's totally a reliable light and great for entry, I'd buy one again if needed.

The mars hydro tsw2000 seems to be after a few runs producing the best results I've seen from cheaper led's.

1 person likes this

@Tgrow thank you for the imput i might try a cheap one and use for grow and starting if the buds are not so great , and look at the diy leds to ,i just want to try and do one large grow and have a years worth of cbd bud in one hit to make my oil .

thank all for the info

So there's the Vipar on the left and QBs on the right.  Technology has come a log way since the Vipar first appeared.  It may have been a reasonable investment in the past but there's little comparison to today's standards.

medium.5c899c21a20d2_Viparspectra450vsQuantumboard3000K.jpg.d3ce85ff40e34696159678988babde7a.jpg

4 people like this

@JJJ which is QB's sorry new to leds lol you might call me a led virgin lol.

thanks guys it really is a minefield , i was so takn by the vipars but now looking at the mars hydro hmm .

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, noddy said:

@JJJ which is QB's sorry new to leds

QB = Quantum board.  It's those Samsung chips mounted on either boards or strips usually.  I'm not really the best person to explain it but they're a bright white light as opposed to the Vipar, which looks reasonably normal when you're next to them but purple in photos.  The Vipar's light spectrum chart is the one on the left with more blue than red.  Reds, in addition to others I can't explain, are needed in flower if you want bigger and better flowers.

1 person likes this

I've got a Viparspectar 600w (actual 300w) that I just use for veg during the warmer months, as it gets too hot running the 400w hps for 18 hours a day in my veg tent during those months....it's spot on for that purpose, but I wouldn't use it for flowering though.

2 people like this

I use mine to raise my plants , they are that shit . 

1 person likes this

Ok guys and girls thanks for the info i guess i will be saving a bit more cash and buying either he leduk ones or just staying with the hps

Seen them get tested on youtube and came 2nd last . A gimmick introduction.   Probably an alright veg light.

4 hours ago, noddy said:

staying with the hps

You'd be sorely disappointed going from HPS to Viparspectra.  I'd keep using it until you've saved enough for a good LED...:yep: