Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bustin Jieber

medical cannabis like a beagle and recreational like an alsatian

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/18183899.woman-fighting-cannabis-court-case-tells-jury-i-way-ahead-time/

A WOMAN on trial for twice growing drugs at her home told jurors the banned substances found were 'medical cannabis.'

From the witness box yesterday Michelle X went on to tell the 12 men and women who are trying her 'I am way ahead of my time.'

The 52-year-old of Lammas Close,- who suffers with Multiple Sclerosis - denies two counts alleging the production of a drug of class B.

Prosecutors claim that on two separate police visits in 2018 a quantity of cannabis was found growing at her home.

She claims that the drugs seized were to be used as ‘medical cannabis’ to treat her condition.

As her trial at Oxford Crown Court continued yesterday X took to the witness box to profess her innocence.

She told jurors how she had been diagnosed with MS in the late 1980s and had undergone various trials to tackle the condition.

She said: "The disease has been a curse upon my life from the start.

"It ruined my first marriage, it clouded my childhood [through sickliness]."

X went on to say that she used what she called 'medical cannabis' to help with her ailments.

She told the jury: "I am standing here before you on medical cannabis.

"If I had no medicine cannabis in me for eight hours I can't stand here, I can't walk.

"I am quite happy to go home tonight and stay off my medical cannabis and have a driver bring me in tomorrow to prove to the jury if they need, to see the changes and the extent of medical cannabis for the condition."

During cross examination it was put to X that the substances grown at her home were in fact cannabis, which she denied.

Asked what the substances were she repeated it was 'medical cannabis.'

Explaining the difference between the two she should it was like 'the difference between lager and moonshine.'

Ian Ball, for the Crown Prosecution Service, said: "If I call my Alsatian a Beagle it doesn't turn it into a Beagle, I am wrongly labelling it?"

X replied: "If you cross that Beagle with another dog like a poodle you get a Cockapoodle."

Mr Ball said: "But it's still a dog?"

X said: "It is still a dog I agree."

She was also asked if she was hiding the fact that she was growing the cannabis in her home.

She answered: "Yes I was hiding the fact I was growing these plants because I didn't want publicity.

"I wanted to quietly wait until something had changed."

She went on to tell jurors: "I am way ahead of my time.

"This is why I'm relying on the jury to make that decision on a law that doesn't exist."

After giving her evidence before the jury neither the prosecution nor the defence gave a closing speech.

The case is expected to be summed up by presiding Judge Ian Pringle QC today before the jury is sent out to make their final decision.

X denies both counts and the trial continues.

7 people like this

29 minutes ago, Bustin Jieber said:

She told the jury: "I am standing here before you on medical cannabis.

"If I had no medicine cannabis in me for eight hours I can't stand here, I can't walk.

"I am quite happy to go home tonight and stay off my medical cannabis and have a driver bring me in tomorrow to prove to the jury if they need, to see the changes and the extent of medical cannabis for the condition

:yep:  strong women full of fire, hope she does well. takes a lot to fight and not be bullied by the system..

11 people like this

Hope Michell X gets the verdict she deserves. We need more people like her.

I have a close relative with Primary Progressive MS who enjoys THC oil very much in helping the condition.

6 hours ago, Bustin Jieber said:

During cross examination it was put to X that the substances grown at her home were in fact cannabis, which she denied.

Asked what the substances were she repeated it was 'medical cannabis.'

Explaining the difference between the two she should it was like 'the difference between lager and moonshine.'

Ian Ball, for the Crown Prosecution Service, said: "If I call my Alsatian a Beagle it doesn't turn it into a Beagle, I am wrongly labelling it?"

X replied: "If you cross that Beagle with another dog like a poodle you get a Cockapoodle."

Mr Ball said: "But it's still a dog?"

X said: "It is still a dog I agree."

:headpain:

2 people like this

Dog analogies won’t have done her any favours lol 

now if you’ll excuse me, i’m off to a toot a dogue de bordeaux, cos I got class like that. :v:

3 people like this

4 hours ago, Joolz said:

she was found guilty

3 lashes for not buying off the government..

Sentencing, a court judge told Michelle X today that  “she should apply to the National Health Service to be considered for a licence for a cannabis-based medicine”

keeping law and order / the money coming in

6 people like this

Michelle X convicted of growing cannabis at her home twice

A WOMAN who denied producing drugs and claimed she was only growing 'medical cannabis' has been convicted.

Sentencing, a court judge told Michelle X today that she should apply to the National Health Service to be considered for a licence for a cannabis-based medicine.

The 52-year-old of Lammas Close, Abingdon - who suffers with Multiple Sclerosis - had denied two counts alleging the production of a drug of class B.

After four hours and four minutes a jury at Oxford Crown Court found her guilty by a unanimous verdict of both counts.

Presiding Judge Ian Pringle QC proceeded straight to sentence X and she was handed a conditional discharge for six months for each offence.

Addressing X he went on to recommend that she apply to the NHS to take Sativex - a cannabis-based medicine used to treat MS.

He said: "The reality is that the law on cannabis is unlikely to change in the immediate future, or even the medium-term future.

"If you continue to grow your own you are going to be arrested and prosecuted again."

Judge Pringle went on to tell her of the possibility of being prescribed the drug to help with her ailments and recommended that she apply.

He added: "But you do have to understand [if you re-offend] you will continue to be arrested and brought before the courts and the punishments will be greater."

During the three-day trial which began on Wednesday prosecutor Ian Ball told jurors that police had found cannabis at her home on two separate visits.

The first, he said, took place on July 16, 2018 and the second on December 9, 2018.

X was interviewed by police following each incident.

During the first police interview she said she ‘couldn’t walk’ without the drug and told officers: “I am not going to stop, if you insist on me stopping I will be in prison.

“It is an unjust law that needs changing, I will leave that to the experts.”

From the witness box on Tuesday she gave her version of events.

She denied that the substances grown at her home were cannabis and called them 'medical cannabis.' Explaining the difference between the two she should it was like 'between lager and moonshine.'

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/18185779.michelle-x-convicted-growing-cannabis-home-twice/

10 minutes ago, Simple Jack said:

She denied that the substances grown at her home were cannabis and called them 'medical cannabis.' Explaining the difference between the two she should it was like 'between lager and moonshine.'

:no:

2 people like this

i wonder if she thinks that because she bought a 1:1 strain.? 

On 26/01/2020 at 10:49 AM, twigs said:

i wonder if she thinks.? 

(Sorry to misquote you here twigs.)

She is a very clever woman and Michelle had the judge eating out of her hand in her first case. I was at the courtroom in Oxford with her. The judge used Michelle’s extensive knowledge to highlight the total inadequacies and lack of knowledge shown by the CPS “drugs expert”. It was quite funny. 

As clever as she might be though, she fails in her often cryptic mystic meg approach imo. Each to their own I know but it looks like the judge was not on her side so much this time round. She has no more, nor no less right to Cannabis than anyone else but it appears she has differing views on this in continually making the imaginary distinction between medi use and rec use. :wallbash:

Still, she has my utmost respect :notworthy: for her continued show of courage and resilience against an unjust law.

Fuck prohibition then fuck it some more.

Edited by bartman
4 people like this