Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hammo44

Drying temps

Currently drying my last crop and looking for thoughts on temps in the drying tent.

I messed up the last dry which I now know was drying small airy buds too fast. Aiming for a much longer dry, 10+ days would be ideal.

Changed up my dry routine completely this time. Dry trimming instead of wet trimming. Left as much leaf on as I could. Got the extraction on minimum and have a 4" circulating fan running 10 mins every hour, although I'm thinking about not running it as seeing a big spike in RH when it's on.

RH is between 57-62 but temps went as low as 12 and sitting around 13-14 on average. Will that temp range be an issue?

Last dry I had temps between 17-19.

Edit - I'm 2 days into the dry.

Edited by Hammo44

@Hammo44

I would say if it stays at that temp there may be issues. 

I usually have temps at about 18c and the rh will spike for a few days (4 ish) as most of the moisture leaves the plant, I dry trim and at them temps I usually have a 14 -21 day dry period. One the stems snap (audible) I brown bag for about 4 days shaking the bags a few times a day. Then into jars with minimal burping. 

Everyone will have a different way of drying.

all the best

peace

lil d.  :skin_up:

Eta. I don’t use a circ fan when I’m drying as I dry I’m my tent with the extraction on full

Edited by lildaveham
1 person likes this

Thanks man. I'm drying in the tent aswell but it's really cold where I am just now and don't fancy running the heating non stop. The last dry had the grow tent in the same room so the room stayed pretty warm.

I've got a tube heater I used during the grow but been reluctant to add anything and dry as naturally as possible. I might stick it in there and monitor it overnight to see if it bumps the temps up and doesn't mess too much with the humidity.

Don’t put the tube heater in the tent!!

Put it in the room that the tent is in and see if it helps raise the air temp a little. 

Peace

lil d. :skin_up:

Yeah I wrote that and immediately had doubts :unsure: I literally want to leave it to dry as naturally as possible, strip it down to basics and hope for a good result and use the method as a baseline.

The heater has been in the room for 24 hours but it's not raising the temps much. Mmm I might see if I can move the tent into a walk in cupboard and use the heater in a smaller room.

Failing that I might just run the heating for an hour on and off throughout the day and hope for the best at night.