Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Green f

Thoughts and help

16 posts in this topic

Hi just starting a new auto set up 

I have 12x60x150 tent 

400w hps dual spec light

4inch intake with speed limiter

4inch extract 

6inch fan 

and 10l pots (fabric)

using bio bizz ferts

grow, boost, top max and fish mix 

also have a few others I don’t think are necessary 

I have 2 Pineapple Express autos from barneys to go in here on 18/6 for the full grow 

how does this sound to you experienced growers? I’d like some feedback just setting it up so don’t have temps etc for a few days but my past grows have been lacking on yields is there anything you’d change could really do with some advice?

HI

How come 6 inch fan with 4 inch duct? are you using reducers? If so your fan will have a tough life with that set up and so might your environment. You need new ducting if this is the case.

Bond

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It could be down to how you're using your nutrients.  Not sure what 'Boost' is but you can probably do without it along with the Topmax if you're growing in soil.  Some bloom with a little grow OR Fishmix should be enough.

Edited by JJJ
2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Mr Bond said:

HI

How come 6 inch fan with 4 inch duct? are you using reducers? If so your fan will have a tough life with that set up and so might your environment. You need new ducting if this is the case.

Bond

i took that to mean a 6" circulating fan.

1 person likes this

Just now, ison said:

i took that to mean a 6" circulating fan.

Me too.

4 minutes ago, Mr Bond said:

6 inch fan

Circulating fan maybe.....Hey up Mr Bond.:D

1 person likes this

Yeah my bad, read it wrong. Feel free to move it to a thread where someone is actually using a 6 inch Extraction fan with 4 inch ducting. lol

8 minutes ago, icki said:

Circulating fan maybe.....Hey up Mr Bond.:D

Now then icki, hope you're well bud. :)

2 people like this

Has anything changed in your setup since last time? Your light is what determines your yield really. 

My goal would be 350-400gram with that light. 

But I don't grow autos or in soil lol so I'm just taking a guess really.:pimp:

Take this with a pinch of salt as I'm half way through my first proper grow!

I'm auto in soil using intense nutrients. Mills light compost (won't be using this again). 

I went for a 24/0 light based on @blackpoolbouncer advice .... And he was spot on! 

I have found when I feed them (using half dosage) I invariably get yellow tips so less really is more for a healthy plant when it comes to autos.

I am running a custom light rig I built (main lights from diyleduk) and have been ramping it up ...my lights are fixed at the top of the tent. Currently running at 500w at the wall.

Currently got a diary up but need to update it ....thought I had screwed it up but past few days there's been a massive growth spurt chucking out flower spikes left right and centre .

So back off the nutrients unless really needed, don't hit them with too much light early, watch the wet dry cycle (my Achilles heel) and keep the roots around 20c. I like fabric pots but they have took me a bit of getting used to with the watering! Spray top if dry before watering helps it soak.

I'm sure there will be better advice long soon .... But that's what I've learnt for myself so far :skin_up:

Compz

2 people like this

Hi guys thanks for the reply’s it is a 4 inch inline fan I am using for intake 

and again a 4 inch inline fan for extract 

I currently have a 6 inch fan to move air inside the tent(like a desk fan) although I do have a 12 if I need a larger one I just thought with the space being small this could cause wind burn 

the nutes  I will be using are all bio bizz products

maybe root juice and alga mix to start week 1?

then week 2 I intended on changing to fish mix and staying with algamix? 
with it being auto seeds I was then going to do the rest of there time with biobizz grow, bloom and top max? adding algamix once a week? 
that’s what I have read online since it just seems like a lot of different things to be feeding in such a short space of time? 
I have read all this on various feeding schedules although when I have followed similar ones in the past it has lead to nute burn and low yields this time I have changed my whole setup ( not building it all until tomorrow)

and I wasn’t sure about having the same size extractor as intake I’m assuming this shouldn’t be an issue but if it is I have a speed reducer for the intake?( I assume this is where I’d need to use it)

also with times I’m reading that a lot of people are using 20/4 I was always under the impression they needed a dark period to reproduce or rest? Is that right?

thanks for all the help I really want to get this right this time 

They don't need dark to rest mate. I don't fully understand all that shit but they definitely don't need it. Unless it's a photoperiod and you want it to flower. 

Myself I'd probably lose the intake and just use passive vents the carbon filter will reduce your extraction a good bit so intake possibly stronger and that's bad for smell escaping I think so a nono.

And don't worry too much about your nutrients get your environment right and it will take care of you. Nutrients are like number 6 on my list of priorities in a grow. I think if you keep it simple for your first few grows yours plants will thank you for it with some big fat buds. Definitely definitely don't follow any feed charts every plant is different you will soon get a feel for it though. I grow in dwc so I cant help at all with feeds etc but somebody will  enlighten you for sure. Wizardry to me compost grows but from what I see on here where must new growers go wrong is with the watering cycles. I don't take any notice because it doesn't effect me but I see alot " wet and dry cycles" id look into all that malarkey mate. And also potting up as your ladies grow.

Good luck 

1 person likes this

Cheers pal I’ll take a look at all that and maybe your right I was told intake was crucial but maybe that was for larger grows as the guy that told me has some big crops maybe I go for 24/7 light thanks again for your advice I might just try using fish mix and bloom as jjj said for the first one see how that gets on 

3 people like this

Having air coming in is essential for sure but you only need active intake really for big areas I have a 1.2x1.2x2m tent and I have no problems maintaining temps with passive vents for intake and fan/filter sucking air out. JJJ can definitely help you out more then myself mate he grows in a similar way to what your planning to. He's got a diary up I think sweet gelato. Could be worth a read I only glance pics in auto or compost grows myself because there's not much I can take from them. So who knows lol you can learn by other people's mistakes on here though so I'd be hitting the diary section hard. More you know and all that.

Iv seen some big stonking things posted by blackpoolbouncer aswell I think autos he definitely knows his stuff. So id maybe stalk some of his posts out. :pimp:

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Mr Bond said:

Yeah my bad, read it wrong. Feel free to move it to a thread where someone is actually using a 6 inch Extraction fan with 4 inch ducting. lol

Now then icki, hope you're well bud. :)

Sweet as mate, good to see ya about Mr B.:D

they look bloody splendid.......... fuk me sideways. :doh: