Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bustin Jieber

sea salt

33 posts in this topic
10 hours ago, Saddam said:

No, salt in the form of Sodium Chloride interrupts the osmotic capability of plant roots and kills them. Try drinking some seawater, see how you feel. lol 

Question for you. why are you always asking the dumbest of questions? lol  

lol dude! 

quick question lol  what’s the difference between putting sea salt on your food to drinking sea salt?

does your body magically treat the salt in a different wahay lol  

have a read of Dr Murray i think it was? very interesting studies performed 

2 people like this

lol

hmm i drink it every day, have done for about 3/4 years now.. i’m fitter and healthier than i’ve ever been 

about half to a tea spoon in about 2L 

e2+ sea salt mix with plain water

Edited by twigs
1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, 2Fat2EatThat said:

I like sea salt on a tomato if that helps?

But perhaps this may help twigs -

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/drinksw.html  

everything in moderation lol  

have you asked the government how safe cannabis is? 

Some of the tastiest mango, papaya and coconut ive ever eaten came off an island that is only 1.5m above sea level.

Those trees were thriving in that environment and im positive that they were drinking salty water because everybody on the island that has water from a well, is salty water.
It's an interesting topic and one that we can all learn from.

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, Thai Stick said:

Some of the tastiest mango, papaya and coconut ive ever eaten came off an island that is only 1.5m above sea level.

Those trees were thriving in that environment and im positive that they were drinking salty water because everybody on the island that has water from a well, is salty water.
It's an interesting topic and one that we can all learn from.

how healthy were the folks there?

1 minute ago, Bustin Jieber said:

how healthy were the folks there?

It was indonesia.
For the most part apart from the crystal meth junkies everybody really healthy.
Indonesian food is stunning and everything is fresh fresh fresh and a wide variety.

Most health issues arose from lack of knowledge and poor hygiene practices.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Dodgee said:

It's an interesting question which I don't honestly know the answer too, but you've prompted me to have a look into it.

I recently been working at a local wetlands, the whole area was "reclaimed from the sea" by the Romans for agriculture.  They and others built a sea wall and the land is irrigated using ditches/ravines/and I forget the name of the smaller waterways.

Anyways I was under the impression the reason they were wetlands was because they were flooded by the tides but it turns out I was wrong in my assumption.

The whole area is fresh water till you hit the sea wall and supports lots of fresh water wildlife.

The fact it was reclaimed though makes me think the soil must have a pretty high saline content but yet it's still suitable (indeed even preferable) for agriculture..

A month ago I probably would've answered similarly to Saddam but everyday is a school day.

Interested to hear peoples thoughts too

Atb :yinyang:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fens

thats so interesting.

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, Bustin Jieber said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fens

thats so interesting.

Not quite my neck of the woods but a very similar kind of area.

It is interesting i thought, a bit like medieval hydroponics eh?

Though I think the hanging gardens of Babylon get the first place in earliest human use of hydroponic agriculture... But then again, they must of learnt it from someone/somewhere I suppose..

Still, interesting nonetheless

:yinyang:

1 person likes this

i think lettuce was the strongest contender for being able to be grown in 100% sea water that some dutch dude experimented with and we can eat seaweed..

sea-90 or sea agri have all the tests done on land and crops grown on the land even the effects on animals eating the hay, shinier coats, a lot of diseases disappear.!? all round healthier..

you should see my hair lol  

2 people like this

it’s like a soluable rock dust, if i rember right you only need to spray or broadcast 2-3 times on the land for it to be fully charged again for years to come..

they tested the fruit and and it had more vitamins and minerals so much better for you

3 people like this

We can eat some seaweed. My ecology studies on shoreline vegetation are a lifetime behind me, but I seem to recall that it wasn't so much the salty water that the roots were getting as the dessication effect of the salt air that shoreline plants (including seaweed) needed to be better adapted to :unsure:

Edited by Boojum
1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, twigs said:

it’s like a soluable rock dust, if i rember right you only need to spray or broadcast 2-3 times on the land for it to be fully charged again for years to come..

they tested the fruit and and it had more vitamins and minerals so much better for you

I've seen it touted as an alternative to rock dust 

On 25/09/2019 at 5:52 PM, twigs said:

i think lettuce was the strongest contender for being able to be grown in 100% sea water that some dutch dude experimented with and we can eat seaweed..

sea-90 or sea agri have all the tests done on land and crops grown on the land even the effects on animals eating the hay, shinier coats, a lot of diseases disappear.!? all round healthier..

you should see my hair lol  

ok i want nice shiney hair, can i just use kosher sea salt from the shop?