Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pzbigbear

Help needed!!!! EC PPM targets through different stages in growth

Hi

First time grower...

Was wondering if someone could give me some advice on ec ppm targets for a week old plant am growing critical+2.0 in dwc with marshydro sp250 using growth technology nutes green haze and roots.

Have blue lab truncheon and ph pen so should be ok with measurements lol

Thanks in advance

Edited by Pzbigbear
1 person likes this

Do some research bud, it's all on here. I don't use dwc so can't help but if I wanted to find out it would take minutes. You'll get help on here for good questions and problem solving, not so much spoon feeding goes on though. 

Good luck dude, happy researching. 

3 people like this

Yeah got it dude cheers

1 person likes this

@Pzbigbear

Always start low and work your way up. 

My water has a background of less than 0.1 ec. When I first put them in the dwc I start at 0.5 ( round 0.5ml/l) and work up to 0.8 over the next few weeks of veg. 

In flower I normally don't need to go any higher than 1.2

I set the pH to 5.6 and allow to drift up to 6.2.

I check my ec and pH twice a day. If your ec is falling and pH is rising that's a good sign. If the ec is rising and pH falling its a sign there's too much nutes for the plant. 

You'll want to keep that nutrient solution around 21 degrees also. I use a fish tank heater for cold spells or a frozen water bottle or two during the summer. 

I also use silver bullets roots to help protect from root rot. 

I have a few diaries up if you want to have a look at them for a guide. 

If I can help in anyway just ask. Starting in dwc can seem a bit daunting but once you get into the swing of it very rewarding. 

Good luck with your first grow

:bong:

5 people like this

Excellent stuff man really appreciate your help!

3 people like this

Is it a recirculating system? The reason l ask is its very difficult at first to accurately top up static systems, so like @The Padawansays make up the largest solution possible ie dwc I'm guessing your using a 25lt bucket so fill with water take a base reading, then add 1ml/lt to get a reading jot it down, then add another 1ml/lt (now its 2ml/lt) take reading jot it down etc etc... also jot down ph as this will change etc, so now you will now exactly how much solution is required to top up to your preferred level. As the plants get older you top up every other complete res change, make sure you have a tap on your bucket and an external visible water level. To be honest it's been a long time since I've run dwc systems, so things have probably moved on. @Pzbigbear

2 people like this

Nobody can give you figures without first knowing your base. 

You need to measure your tap water and post that up first. Unless your using RO water. Once fellow DWC growers have you start figures they can suggest the usual numbers you'd want to aim for. :yep:

1 person likes this

Rarely go above 600ppm in full flower, RO water at 0ppm. Ph swings from 5.4 to 6.4 in veg and 5.2 - 6.2 in flower for maximum uptake of everything, as per:

ph-nutrient-uptake-chart_259060.jpg

Edited by InTheSystem
2 people like this

The chart isnt accurate for nutrients containing chelated micro`s (eg, Mn, Zn and Cu) which are available from ph4  to ph9

My tap water is .2-.4¹

Cheers