Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

3potheads

New extractor fan

Evening!

Currently growing in a 1.2x1.2x2m room using a 6" High Power RVK for extract connected to 8" phonic ducting and 5" high powered RVK for intake. My extract sits in the middle of the ducting, so it goes Filter --> 4M Ducting --> Fan --> 4M Ducting --> Sofit

The 6" is a mates who needs it back so I'm in the market for a new extractor and probably a new intake as I want to use the 5" for the veg box.

Been looking at choices and I'm thinking of getting a 8" Revolution Stratos for extract and a 6" Stratos for intake. Main reasons for this are:

• Cost - both of these bring the price to 1 Vector fan plus my fan controller is an AC only controller so the cost starts mounting up if I go the EC route
  • Power - the equivalent RVK seems to use around 150w where this is around 75W
  • Noise - Harder to find info but seems to be around the same as the RVK
  • Efficiency - the ducting run I have is around 8M long and apparently this model deals with this better?

With the above are there any other recommendations? Here's my thoughts on the competition:

RVK - Seems to use more power for the same noise and less efficiency - They are cheaper though, both lower powered 8 and 6 for the same price as one stratos.

Hyper fans - Same power usage and roughly same cost as stratos but EC so means new controller - More powerful / air movement

Vector - seems great but costly and EC

Has anyone on here got an AC Stratos that can comment on noise vs the RVK models? A major concern for me is noise and I could maybe stretch to the silenced version of the Stratos but I think the EC Vector is out of my reach at the moment. I currently have the 5" intake in a box and I can hear it but not loud. 6" is wrapped in a duvet and again can hear it but not loud. Normally run the fans around 50-60%, max is set at 70% to keep noise manageable.

Also... If anyone has a 6" stratos and can measure the body at the widest point that would be ace. The 5" RVK I have atm is around 250mm and the box was built to house that so as long as the 6" stratos is less than that I'm golden.

Thanks! 

3ph