Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Padawan

Do I need to chop it down?

25 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, The Padawan said:

@zen-ken

@tokenroll

Ahh fuck. Not what I wanted to be hearing. 

:crybaby:

Not what I want to be saying either bro.....the mrs is gutted for you brother 

3 people like this

Don't bin the other 2 plants if they are not showing any balls! Even if they have been pollinated you will still get a decent smoke, it's just a ball ache picking the seeds out.

4 people like this

Ahh thanks Mrs @zen-ken :yinyang:

@Exhale I would say its down to me or the environment. The dinafem grows I've seen on here are all impressive. It was being trained for mainlining. Maybe too much stress early on. I also snapped a main stem clean off early on.

:bong:

2 people like this

@Exhale no breeder can say it wont happen in these conditions im sure the hps guys have had it worse.  Nature is nature.

2 people like this

I'm running HPS but only a 250w so not so bad, run a couple of degrees celcius above ambient.

Do the LED setups affect the plants differently? I've been eyeing up a few grows as i'm considering the switch myself but I've seen some terrible examples, bleaching and weird lateral growth/tight internode stacking.

I really am close to the switch seeing your grows though as the node spacing and bud formation is looking pretty bang on!

@tokenroll

Edited by Exhale
3 people like this

@Exhale the things your seeing from led grows is mostly from Burple leds to close to the canopy, more so when the led they are using uses lenses/optics or reflectors whatever they want to call them, the intensity from those bleach and stunt growth. The biggest problem is the user won't listen because they just wasted their money and someone tells them what they don't want to hear.

Plenty of diaries on uk420 now from led growers that are doing it right.

Toke. 

2 people like this

@tokenroll Aye the LED diaries with the diyled kits here on UK420 are the ones that have really impressed. I was trying to decide between 315w CMH and LED's, the scope systems are very impressive and the power draw and efficiency has me in favour of the LED over the traditional filament solutions.

2 people like this

@Exhale yeah you won't got wrong with them kits.

Take it easy. Toke...

2 people like this

18 hours ago, bill cooper said:

Don't bin the other 2 plants if they are not showing any balls! Even if they have been pollinated you will still get a decent smoke, it's just a ball ache picking the seeds out.

I'm gonna have to give it a go. My jars are near empty. I'd even make bubble hash or oil from it just so I don't have to go and pay for pure shite under weight hay (local dealer smoke) 

The Mrs can be the chief seed picker. lol

I've given them both a good once over and all seems well so far. 

I've now realised I could have caused this from building the groom in my loft opposite where the tent is. I had a lamp on up there during lights out. My tent may not be light proof. It wasn't a powerful light and that side of the loft that houses the tent seemed to be dark so I wasn't bothered about it at the time. 

Also the dust on the leaves may have come from the work I'm doing building the groom in the loft. I dunno what's worse. Dusty weed or sedded weed. Ahh the choices. lol

Sorry for the waffle. Just had a dab an the Mrs is sick listening to me so your getting it instead. 

Will see how they go. 

Cheers Bill :bong:

2 people like this

Good luck brother.....your braver than me.....I would have pulled the lot by now :yep:

1 person likes this