Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

YOREEL

New to DWC - suggestions please

58 posts in this topic
9 hours ago, YOREEL said:

Quick question - although i'll be getting a chiller for the solution, my air temps are not going below 25ºC....as the solution is being chilled does the high air temps affect anything or will I need a air con unit?

Think you’ll be fine without the air con unit if that’s 25 with lights on 

The chiller you’ve got will be more than enough, even with air temps up to 30c your chiller will keep the res temps at the right temp

insulating the bucket will stop condensation forming when the temp in the tote is 18 and the temp outside in the room is 25 or near enough. 

but its also dependant on how far from the bucket the lamp is, whether it heats it enough to prevent condensation.

Set up sounds awesome, hoping to be running something similar. I'm struggling to find the dimensions of the hyperfans.

Does anyone know if this would fit into a 1.5x1.5x2m budbox pro. 

250x800 mountain air carbon filter > 250x200 reducer > 8" phresh hyperfan stealth.

Thanks in advanced,

1 person likes this

47 minutes ago, BUDZ4DAYZ said:

Set up sounds awesome, hoping to be running something similar. I'm struggling to find the dimensions of the hyperfans.

Does anyone know if this would fit into a 1.5x1.5x2m budbox pro. 

250x800 mountain air carbon filter > 250x200 reducer > 8" phresh hyperfan stealth.

Thanks in advanced,

Hey yeah that would fit in yours with a bit to spare.

My 1.2m is very tight with negative pressure...I may have to get a bigger tent....2.4 x 2.4 x 2m

20190723-213829-2.jpg

Either I need a new tent or move it outside or to the back of the tent the other way, so the fan is exhausting out of the top left exhaust port.

You should be good in a 1.5m ;)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Wicked, thanks for the reply. Curious, whats the length of your filter? Tight as a tiger that mate. Good stuff.

Whats the verdict on the fan itself, I've done a fair bit of research and seem to have settled on the 8" for extract and 6" for intake. Though saying that its hard to get a decent review that isn't connected to a hydro shop in some way.

I'm lookimg at having the intake draw in air from the room next to it then vent out through the wall to outside (ducting > spigot > airvent) Any insight on how you've got your intake set up. I'm only asking as I'm quite pressed for space around the tent. 

Thanks mate,

Edited by BUDZ4DAYZ
Spelling

Posted (edited)

The filter I have is a Mountain Air 8" - the length is around 21"

Well at first I bought a 8 inch HyperFan 2nd hand. 

I had nothing attached to it and was quite loud on max. Got paranoid and bought the stealth. 100% worth the extra. Silent as when running, obviously going to have a slight wooshing sound when on max but it's a lot better than the whining from the 8 inch.

I bought the 6 inch HyperFan as an intake and again had no ducting attached to it and it was okay, although i can hear it in the other room it was okay.

The other day I was downstairs and hear the 6 inch fan whining. I go into the room and see the GAS controller has both the intake and outtake on 100%. As there was no ducting the fan was sucking the tent port. Made me even more paranoid now the weather had kicked up so I bought a 6 inch stealth for the intake. Luckily the seller accepted my refund request for the 6inch Hyperfan.

I'm not sure what was wrong with the controller but I was sure I had the outtake set to 50% as there's nothing in the tent so will need to look into the GAS Enviro Controller settings - if anyone has one and can help that would be awesome!?

Bottom line if you're not bothered about a little whinging when on max, the hyperfans are great, me on the other hand I want it all quiet as possible so the stealths are worth it. Also got for the Phonic Ducting - well worth it also!

Edited by YOREEL
refund

My setup is in the spare room. I have a bit of space. Currently it's to the left as you walk in next to a window. This is the easier place to go as it's close to the window but it is also where all the heating pipes are. Currently 32ºC in the tent. I also don't want 4 metres of ducting going across the room. The windows are open 24/7.

I have the 8 inch ducting coming out of the tent up and above the curtain pole over the window - about 3m.

I will have 6 inch intake ducting to the other room/landing with a Phresh intake filter.

I was tempted to get a silencer and did order one from grow it yourself dot com. That was nearly two weeks ago. The called after a week to say they have no Phresh silencers and they have sourced another CAN silencer. I'll have to pay an additional £22 for the delivery. So initially said yes and then wanted to cancel as it wasn't my fault - it's been a week and now they're ignoring my requests for a refund. Anyways I digress :) - instead I ordered the 6 inch Phresh stealth as a intake.

I'm currently waiting fort these auto's to pop - 2 x Sweet Gelato, 1 x Sweet Afghan Delicious, 1 x Super Hash and 1 x Green Crack.

I put them straight in the root riot cubes and think i should have soaked the seeds for 24hrs first.

They've been there germinating in the dark under a heat mat since 4pm Sunday. 

Checked an hour ago and nothing. So I open the cube to see if they at least have tap roots....only one I can see has popped it's shell open and there's about 1/2 a millimetre of root coming out. I think i should have soaked them first...hopefully it'll be different in a week! :)

Right....little update....

The 'deal' I got on fleabay of the Alien 8 pot RDWC + chiller etc didn't come through. Waiting a week with no update and or receipt of goods so finally received the refund and now looking to just get two or three single DWCs. Again concerned how to bring the temps down on the individual pots?

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like a decent setup and not sure if Oxypots are the way to go??

Germination of the seeds failed. Kept them warm - maybe too warm in this recent hot weather. Two seeds popped but haven't come out of their cubes, I think the others just got too hot. Kept everything moist and checked on them daily but they didn't pop...

@YOREEL I think you’ll struggle to bring temps down in individual res this time of the year. 

I was going to get two single buckets but then went for the oxypot xl it’s a 70litre res and has got 3 cut outs for baskets but would only use one or two as they would be on top of eachother and I think less is more in dwc. 

I’ve modded mine added a drain tap to the bottom and drilled it to accept a chiller. 

Ive just started my diary DWC Glueberry OG if you want to have a look at how I’ve set it up. 

Any beans I’ve ever popped I’ve soaked them for 24 hours in a shot glass and then put into root riot cubes always had 100% germ rate, could just be lucky though. 

Defiantly got lots of options though.  

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, YOREEL said:

Right....little update....

The 'deal' I got on fleabay of the Alien 8 pot RDWC + chiller etc didn't come through. Waiting a week with no update and or receipt of goods so finally received the refund and now looking to just get two or three single DWCs. Again concerned how to bring the temps down on the individual pots?

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like a decent setup and not sure if Oxypots are the way to go??

Germination of the seeds failed. Kept them warm - maybe too warm in this recent hot weather. Two seeds popped but haven't come out of their cubes, I think the others just got too hot. Kept everything moist and checked on them daily but they didn't pop...

Recirculating dwc is the way to go, if you need to keep temps down. res outside the tent, insulated pots and pipework.

Don't buy one, make your own. much ,much cheaper, even better if you have an ikea close by.

Have a look at my guide in my signature. Any questions just ask.

1 person likes this

@Auto gorilla   @badbillybob  I've decided to go the route you've suggested.

I'm looking at the following -

Flexi-Tray Flexible Tray 1.2m
Single pro Oxypot XL Single Plant DWC System x 2
Hailea Air Pump Kit with Flat Airstones x 2
Hailea Water Chiller 150A Kit               
Hailea HX8810 Water Pump   

Checked my lovely hard water and EC is coming out at 0.8/0.9 / PH 7.0 so I'll need a RO filter system installed but that won't be for a few weeks yet. Hopefully I'll be okay with tap water until then. 

To mod the Oxy XL is there anything else I need? As I wanted to run two I'll need an additional pump for the other XL and tubing to connect them both? Rubber grommets etc? Also need to drainage taps. Would I need a reservoir and a tank if I'm only running the two Oxypot's XL's with chiller connected? Looking to get it all this weekend and get it setup. Thanks in advance! :)

1 person likes this

@YOREEL sound like a nice set up there, I think if your using two and linking them to the same chiller then you will need a separate header tank,unless you are able to run them in a circuit not sure how it would work to be honest I only run the one. The Oxy pots come in a complete kit with air pumps so you won’t have to buy any extra.