Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Arshlay

Good for some low stress training.

63 posts in this topic
8 minutes ago, Arshlay said:

Cool, finally lol. Little bit later then I was expecting. They're supposed to be harvest 77 days from seed but I assume it will be longer given its outside. Would next water be a good idea to start adding nutes of Grow and bloom? 

If you haven’t fed yet don’t jump in at full strength, I don’t ever use full recommended dose on autos anyway, and if she’s outside keep an eye once buds start forming for bugs, they hide in lower foliage and if you aren’t on the ball will take over quick as I learned last summer. 

1 person likes this

I'm using biobizz grow and bloom so should 1ml of each be ok?? It won't for another 5 days or so once the soil's dried out again. 

14 minutes ago, Arshlay said:

Cool, finally lol. Little bit later then I was expecting. They're supposed to be harvest 77 days from seed but I assume it will be longer given its outside. Would next water be a good idea to start adding nutes of Grow and bloom? 

I'd start with some grow to replace vital nutrient reserves being used up in the stretch then wait until the buds are about a cm wide before adding bloom.  Or try a little earlier if you feel it's needed but watch out for burnt leaf tips.  Might also be a good opportunity to top-dress with more soil or other amendments if you feel inclined.  I like to add some guano to the top at this point but that's just my approach.

Keep using the grow throughout flower but lower it to the minimum once your buds start to really build, so gradually reducing grow whilst gradually increasing bloom. 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Arshlay said:

I'm using biobizz grow and bloom so should 1ml of each be ok?? It won't for another 5 days or so once the soil's dried out again. 

I’ve saw bio bizz but I’ve personally only used canna terra for soil and coco depending on medium as a base nute,combined with seaweed, molasses and pk booster etc depending on stage of life. Ifthey’ve started going into flower I’d probably ween them into just the bloom, there will be a biobizz feed chart which will tell you roughly what feed you should be on but with mine I don’t mix the veg and flower feed, good luck with her!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

With Biobizz, and most nutrients lines for that matter, if you stop grow and feed only bloom, your plants will be yellow, crispy and falling apart by week 7.  In fact, Biobizz specifically recommend using grow throughout flower.  It contains vital components for healthy development and general health of leaves, without which your plant will get to a certain point and just stop properly developing.  When I started growing I was under the same misconception that bloom was enough for the flowering stage but I ended up with inferior weed which was underdeveloped and without potency.

Seaweed/molasses will probably be enough though if you don't want to use grow I suspect.

Edited by JJJ
2 people like this

5 minutes ago, JJJ said:

I'd start with some grow to replace vital nutrient reserves being used up in the stretch then wait until the buds are about a cm wide before adding bloom.  Or try a little earlier if you feel it's needed but watch out for burnt leaf tips.  Might also be a good opportunity to top-dress with more soil or other amendments if you feel inclined.  I like to add some guano to the top at this point but that's just my approach.

Keep using the grow throughout flower but lower it to the minimum once your buds start to really build, so gradually reducing grow whilst gradually increasing bloom. 

With you saying lower the grow later on, my plan was to only use 1ml per ltr all the way through until the end. My soil was heavily fertilised from the start so I was hoping 1ml would see it through to harvest. This is the difficult bit. Thanks for following this BTW I've noticed you've stuck with me lol

1 person likes this

Have just put in ‘bio bizz’ feed schedule on a popular search engine (didn’t wanna upload a pic in case I’m not allowed) but after comparing it to the the canna feed charts I think you are meant to mix with that brand, ignore my advice on not mixing it seems!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Arshlay said:

With you saying lower the grow later on, my plan was to only use 1ml per ltr all the way through until the end. My soil was heavily fertilised from the start so I was hoping 1ml would see it through to harvest. This is the difficult bit. Thanks for following this BTW I've noticed you've stuck with me lol

Ha ha yes, it's just that I'm using the same nutrient line-up at the moment so it's all fresh in my mind, and you seem like a decent person with a hunger for knowledge. A life-time of teaching I suppose...:wassnnme:

During and just after the stretch is when the plants are hungry for N.  I'd be inclined to load them up for a few weeks before reducing to 1ml.  What is your soil loaded with?

Edited by JJJ

1 minute ago, JJJ said:

Ha ha yes, it's just that I'm using the same nutrient line-up at the moment so it's all fresh in my mind, and you seem like a decent person with a hunger for knowledge. A life-time of teaching I suppose...:wassnnme:

During and just after the stretch is when the plants are hungry for N.  I'd be inclined to load them up for a few weeks before reducing to 1ml.  What is your soil loaded with?

Its plagron batmix. Says it should be good for up to 60 days but I don't believe that. So would you say go 1ml for next feed then bump it up for a few weeks to 2ml? That will put me 3 weeks into flower. Yeh once I get hooked on something I like to research it to death. Bit of an addictive personality I suppose. No better place for knowledge than here :bong:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Arshlay said:

Its plagron batmix. Says it should be good for up to 60 days but I don't believe that. So would you say go 1ml for next feed then bump it up for a few weeks to 2ml? That will put me 3 weeks into flower. Yeh once I get hooked on something I like to research it to death. Bit of an addictive personality I suppose. No better place for knowledge than here :bong:

Ahh, you're in Batmix, just like me, except I'm using H&G.  Yeah, you can probably wait a few weeks for the bloom or maybe even longer.  As good as Batmix is, you need to be cautious with the nutes.  I've got a fair few burnt tips.  Perhaps just wait until the plant asks for nutes.  It's hot stuff.  I struggled to get more than 2ml per L into my current plants because of this stuff.

Edited by JJJ
1 person likes this

22 hours ago, JJJ said:

I've decided to go with the nutes but very lightly. .66 ml of each grow and bloom. Probably abit early but I've noticed some older leaves looking abit ropey. large.IMG_20190723_191844_6508.jpgit's all a learning curve isn't it. This one will over take my Alien Gorilla photo size wise, yet its 3 weeks younger.

1 person likes this

Yea, probably best go ease in gently with Plagron Batmix. However, if leaves are telling you the plant needs food then I'd start with 1ml.  They're an organic feed so any effects won't be evident straight away anyway...

1 person likes this

My Alien Gorilla photo has been on 1ml per litre every feed and looks champion apart from the yellow pin dots lol, so I thought with this being an auto I'd start off abit lower. Im starting to talk to you lot more than the Mrs lol

1 person likes this

Grow baby grow :hippy:large.IMG_20190726_163921_7892.jpg

2 people like this

Looking good, beginning of week 2 flower. The pots are nowhere near dry but is it worth giving a feed tonight before it hammers it down tomorrow? Also discovered a few leaf burrowers so chopped the affected leaves off. Only seemed to be the very first big leaves. large.IMG_20190729_173212.jpglarge.IMG_20190729_173222.jpg