Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

RED_EYE80

Extraction help

Can any1 tell me the fans needed to run a 3mx1.5mx2.3m tent with 2x1000w using a 12" carbon. Tried running 1500m3 out and 1000 in with the intake coming from open window but still hitting temps of plus  40°c. 

Those fan sizes are sufficient you didnt say where you were extracting to however which makes a big difference. I would be concerned also that your intake is too powerful when the reduction from the carbon filter is applied to your out take. Definitely potential for negative pressure issues 

1 person likes this

I was extracting in2 an attic space. I also had negative pressure as the carbon is massively overrated for the fans so offers little resistance to the 1500 

Whilst running 1000w lights in a tent isnt advised at this time of year. You shouldnt be hitting those temps if your running them through the night. Lights must be high so is your temp monitor out of direct light?

I've got the lights strapped almost directly to the poles as high as I can and get them and the probe off the fan controler was set a what would be plant height. As these numbers were reached on test runs b4 anything goes in 

Was thinkin of getting 2500m3 as outake  or even 3250 but jus wonder if any1 had similar issues and what fan speed would do the job. Before I go spending money on the wrong sized fans 

If there is direct light on the probe which there must be under the conditions youve described this is your problem the air temp will be nowhere near that high. Shield the probe from the light and radiant heat and see what you get. 

1 person likes this

it kinda depends on what fans you are using too, because a LOT of fan manufacturers tell great whopping lies about how much air they can shift.

rvk are usually pretty close, if it helps

what is your inlet air temp at the window? unless that temperature is several degrees lower than what's in your tent, you won't cool anything no matter what extraction fan you use, can you relocate your inlet ducting to a cooler location?

1 person likes this

At least seven degrees k to see some reduction. 

1 person likes this