Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jimmythesaint

AutoPot - Water leak into tent - 100L!

20 posts in this topic

Evening all, thought I'd post n the relevant section.

Seems my 100L tank delivered almost 100L onto the floor of the tent whilst they were asleep, I cannot see any single valve that is stuck open and it seems none of the plants took water on board as all the valve wells were dry. 

There does seem some salt build up which I can clean but to have to clean mid grow!! Cant be 

Anyhoo was hoping someone had some tips or tricks to try before I put the feed back on and sit and watch.

Thanks in advance all

Sorry mate cant help, but shit 100L onto the floor lol 

I actually caught a drip leak in the RDWC a few days back when I was doing a test run, took the entire thing apart and rebuilt it up using silicone sealant. Always worries me that one.

Can you not dry everything then fill it a bit and fire it up, see if you can find out where its coming from and possibly do a bodge job to get your through?

Hopefully you find the cause.

1 person likes this

What kind of tank is it?

Have you checked the grommet around the tap?

Dodgee tip of the day: a toddlers paddling pool can be picked up for less than a tenner, sit your res tank in there. In the event of failure the paddling pool will act as a bund/catch tank.  Bit late now I know but might save you mopping up in future, they're a must in a loft imo.

Even the smallest pool has a couple hundred litre capacity :yep:

:yinyang:

10 people like this

1 hour ago, Dodgee said:

Dodgee tip of the day: a toddlers paddling pool can be picked up for less than a tenner, sit your res tank in there. In the event of failure the paddling pool will act as a bund/catch tank.  Bit late now I know but might save you mopping up in future, they're a must in a loft imo.

Even the smallest pool has a couple hundred litre capacity :yep:

:yinyang:

Love the sheer simplicity of this :) 

Farmer G 

3 people like this

Check the seals on the grommets mate I had a similar problem recently. If it's plastic maybe try some ptfe or solvent glue on the seals. Solvent glue won't harm your ladies it's safe for our water pipes (shitty push fit pipes) so be ok for plants 

1 person likes this

Got a tip on the cleaning up if that's any help ? no I guess not.

Anyway, get yourself a shop vac / wet vac thingy. Got mine from Wickes for about £40 - looks like a Henry. It would have slurped up 100 litres in seconds. Effing great the thing is - bloody love it.

Used mine to suck all the water out of the cistern today - slurp ! burp ! Bosh ! Bosh, job done !

You know what else they can clean up ? ... listen closely ... everything !

Does your missus get upset when the Hoover is full of rocks / sawdust ? worry no more, use your shop vac. It doesn't care what it sucks up, it's got no bag see. Just a big bucket you empty into the bin - smashing !

You may have sensed some bias here, and granted - I am quite smitten with my shop vac

Anyway, even though I'm sure the 100L has been cleared - I cannot stress this enough, buy a shop vac, they are awesome.

6 people like this

I want a shop vac :skin_up:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, jimmythesaint said:

Anyhoo was hoping someone had some tips or tricks to try before I put the feed back on and sit and watch.

Thanks in advance all

I have said this always since using auto pots...

Garland trays are a must for auto pots to catch some of the spill when it does overflow for what ever reason 

Keeping everything clean also does you well in terms of build ups / blockages / seeing the tubes are clear and laid mostly flat 

Edited by THEDANK
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, THEDANK said:

I have said this always since using auto pots...

Garland trays are a must for auto pots to catch some of the spill when it does overflow for what ever reason 

Keeping everything clean also does you well in terms of build ups / blockages / seeing the tubes are clear and laid mostly flat 

You were entirely correct, the only issue I can see is that the rubber bungs were blocked over making one or two believe it needed water and then didnt stop.

Garland trays are for sure going underneath. Bit miffed that only  a couple weeks into flower the build up of gunk was pretty severe.

Ah well all cleared up now, will give each valve a clean over tomorrow.

Cheers for your input fella.

Atb JTS

1 person likes this

Wow I thought I'd only had the one reply, hahahha

Well wet vac did the job.

truth probably 60/70L, not fun.

Trays underneath to catch any overfill issue tick tick

Wet Vac tick tick

FlexiTank is what I am using but they are both {one for dechlorination} well sealed and working, 

I powered it back up {turned on tap} and watched the reservoirs refill, I could see two not wanting to , when removed the pipe it fed water but opening the shell of valve the gunk was covering the rubber bung.

I will return regularly through lights on just to check.

Cheers everyone for your input, means a lot.........

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Used auto pots for years, always got a wet vac to hand that’s a must and now I use one of these as extra precaution, you can set it at 5mins , 10mins 20mins etc etc , and to come on once , twice, three times a day etc ,

so I have it on for 5 mins once a day when young plants upping it up to 10 mins 3 times a day when in full flower that means if there was a leak it only ever comes on for 5-10 mins and then turns tap off so never empties the whole tank without you noticing some water on the floor an rectifying the problem,  its battery powered I have changed the battery in about a year , plus your plants are never constantly sitting in pools of water and your tanks seem to last longer , Iv actually left 100L tank feeding 30 plants for a week while I was away on holiday and there was still a tad water in tank on returning, and plants looked all healthy and happy :yep:  

Brought it from my local garden centre , make it Planit water timer probably pick on up on the bay ..

e2a the round thing above it is a 19mm inline filter also a must in these systems 

large.timer2.jpg

Edited by panik
5 people like this

keeping the res cool and really well agitated may help any gunk forming.

What kind of nutes are in the res?

1 person likes this

@jimmythesaint

lol Ffs man what you like!

I bet she was pleased ...

Hope you get it sorted bud,good advice here.

Never used them,seems like hassle but seen some cracking grows when it goes to plan.

Keep at it mate.

Tenchie.

1 person likes this

That’s another thing I used the cleaner nutes in these systems like canna Flores, nothing too gunky that’s a recipe for disaster 

4 people like this