Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

stillo

Humidity

49 posts in this topic

Good Evening I hope I may be able to ask question with regards to humidity, I have just managed to get everything set up and today I installed an evolution fan speed controller and its telling me that the temperature without anything switched on is 22° with the humidity of 41.6.

I'm not too clued up about the environment I have been doing some reading that says the humidity needs to be higher but no matter what I do funds on fans off lights on lights of I cannot get the humidity to go any higher it just goes lower as low as 39.6 so how can I raise humidity to the correct level stop

I don't mind buying anything I need to buy but I am absolutely clueless can anyone please give me some advice I would be eternally grateful.

take care

stillo

You can buy a humidifier.  That will do the job.  When you start flowering you can switch it off.  :smokin:

Just now, stillo said:

Good Evening I hope I may be able to ask question with regards to humidity, I have just managed to get everything set up and today I installed an evolution fan speed controller and its telling me that the temperature without anything switched on is 22° with the humidity of 41.6.

I'm not too clued up about the environment I have been doing some reading that says the humidity needs to be higher but no matter what I do funds on fans off lights on lights of I cannot get the humidity to go any higher it just goes lower as low as 39.6 so how can I raise humidity to the correct level stop

I don't mind buying anything I need to buy but I am absolutely clueless can anyone please give me some advice I would be eternally grateful.

take care

stillo

It’s a tricky game getting the humidity up when there’s little of no perspiration from your plants to help along. What I found the trick is, is to slow down minimum fan speeds, don’t use too much light whereby the extraction would need to kick in and dump all of your humidity that you have managed increase. As the plants get older, you can then increase light because the plants will be perspiring more which will fill the deficit. That’s one way.. another way is to buy a humidifier but you may still have to apply this principal.

Hope this makes sense :)

2 people like this

A ghetto solution for you helps a little get a bucket or something and fill it with water and have a towel lowered into it so it wicks up the water. Small fan on the towel probably help aswell 

1 person likes this

@stillo

Mist the plants before lights out, until you have a larger canopy it will be lower than expected. Apart from a humidifier that's your best option. They are tough little plants and cope with many environmental factors that may not be ideal. Keep the air moving and a good wet dry cycle and they'll get on just dandy 

:yinyang:

2 people like this

i no longer pocess a humidity meter the humidity is what it is, also i dont even own a thermometer,ive got 2 bulbs 2 fans thats me lot + my intake is a crack under the door frame. lol  i dont do gimics i grow dope. :yep:

3 people like this

too everyone who kindly offered excellent advice I can now feel reassured that I'm not going to be struggling, I will purchase humidifier tomorrow thank you very much is very much appreciated.

Take care

stillo

3 hours ago, JJJ said:

You can buy a humidifier.  That will do the job. 

3 hours ago, Gro-zone Hydro said:

buy a humidifier

3 hours ago, michaeldbc said:

bucket or something and fill it with water and have a towel lowered into it so it wicks up the water. Small fan on the towel 

2 hours ago, Breezus said:

@stillo

Apart from a humidifier that's your best option.

Perhaps the largest collection of the shittest advice I've ever read on one page. :wanker:  Humidifiers, wet towels and buckets of water to increase the humidity of Cannabis in veg which is already at 39.6%? :soap:  Get a fucking grip lads. 

Forget about humidity during veg, as your plants grow they'll transpire more and the humidity will naturally increase. When your plants are flowering you'll be needing/trying as hard as you can to keep humidity down, especially towards the end.  

If you're going to invest in anything, make it air con/de-humidifier.  

Just now, Saddam said:

Perhaps the largest collection of the shittest advice I've ever read on one page. :wanker:  Humidifiers, wet towels and buckets of water to increase the humidity of Cannabis in veg which is already at 39.6%? :soap:  Get a fucking grip lads. 

Forget about humidity during veg, as your plants grow they'll transpire more and the humidity will naturally increase. When your plants are flowering you'll be needing/trying as hard as you can to keep humidity down, especially towards the end.  

If you're going to invest in anything, make it air con/de-humidifier.  

He asked a question we answered sir .And how is air con or a de humidifier ( complete opposite of what the person asked) relevant? Mongo is all I can say my friend 

Il just say 1 more time mongo 

Education is a good thing 

Use it 

lol

1 person likes this

Just now, michaeldbc said:

Education is a good thing 

It depends on the education,  yours appears to be a masters in watching youtube videos. lol   

Just now, michaeldbc said:

Mongo is all I can say

I'm not surprised. 

Il rephrase in a way even a mongo should understand...lol 

What did the person ask in his very first post??

Did he ask about final weeks of flower?

Did he ask about how humidity will change as his plants grow? 

I believe he asked for ways to raise his humidity my friend which is exactly what people addressed before you come along with your negative shitty little attitude. And cannabis like humidity way above 40s in veg (I don't worry about it personally ) and don't feel it's of importance so much

But he didn't ask for my opinion did he ?

If I ask how to slice a piece of bread I don't want advice on how to eat that piece of bread do I? I'm simply asking how to slice it 

So be gone with the attitude supposed to be a friendly place for friendly advice and tips 

It depends on the education,  yours appears to be a masters in watching youtube videos. lol   

You will never ever find anywhere on any forum me claiming to be anything other than a novice ..novice sir 

But you failed to see my point sir so your not doing yourself any favours 

You were basically calling people morons for answering the question of how to raise humidity ....with ways to increase humidity 

Then you dropped your wealth of knowledge on is all which tbh is pretty ridiculous your making presumptions about somebody's grow with what information? How do you know he will struggle keeping humidity down towards the end of flower he could live next to a sauna for all you know ..

Next time maybe just try answer the question (were all in the same boat trying to learn and improve where we can) give your opinion if you must we all have 1 and not be an arse 

I do apolagise stillo..i just have zero time for people who think they know it all 

Good luck buddy 

1 hour ago, michaeldbc said:

is pretty ridiculous your making presumptions about somebody's grow with what information? How do you know he will struggle keeping humidity down towards the end of flower he could live next to a sauna for all you know ..

It's called experience, and knowing what time of the year it is, and what temps and RH the OP will likely be experiencing nearer crop time. Anyway, you crack on with your shit advice. :)  

1 hour ago, michaeldbc said:

apolagise

Nice illiteracy. :yep:  Mongo indeed. 

6 hours ago, Saddam said:

We appreciate your advice Mate. However, a bit of constructive criticism would have been better received.  This was a bit below the belt. 

4 people like this