Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Gro-zone Hydro

The Way We Ship!

30 posts in this topic

That's bang out of order I was worried enough and my orders wasn't even for me nevermind mind half your order going missing as well I hope it gets sorted quick 

This is a little worrying...:unsure:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, baked bean said:

That's bang out of order I was worried enough and my orders wasn't even for me nevermind mind half your order going missing as well I hope it gets sorted quick 

They can't sort out the fact that someone local and dodgy enough to nick a parcel now knows the name and address of a local grower...

I bet the courier is dpd,they are a bunch of wankers at best.companies like hermies have really tightened up with deliveries not allowed to be left without a signiture and proof of delivery (photo/gps).

I hope the second half of the delivery has been delayed for some reason and not stolen...

@Gro-zone Hydro

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt
2 people like this

Jeez @Smokebelch that’s really not good and must be a worrying time!

To defend Gro-Zone they have no control over the parcels once they leave their warehouse, but considering they’re not the cheapest for shipping compared to other hydro stores (£7.95 or free for over £200 while others have a cheaper flat rate and free over around £50-£60), you’d think for the extra they’d use a decent courier like UPS. If it is DPD or Hermes I’ve used both in the past and were quickly dropped, too many fuck ups; damaged parcels, left without a signature, the list goes on, I guess you get what you pay for.

That said Gro-Zone do have a care of duty to make sure orders are picked and packaged correctly. What’s the point in shouting about stealth packaging when they don’t always do it. We growers need to know that parcels will be sent discreetly as we don’t want to advertise to our neighbours about our little secret hobby.

I really hope you get it sorted bud and fingers crossed it’s down to the courier or Gro-Zone and not some little shit of a chancer.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Cheers guys, so I have worked out it was DHL and on the tracker it said part delivered yesterday and the other box is being delivered today, I will be in to receive it so I am not so worried now. I can’t wait to talk to the driver and find out why he thinks it ok to leave my parcels outside.

I gave you guys a try but unfortunately I won’t be reordering as I can’t trust the DHL driver not to leave stuff outside my flat for all to see. Also I wasn’t happy with the way it was packaged, at the start of this post I am assured that it will be securely wrapped in black plastic.

My order was 2 big bags of compost and they were just put in one big cardboard box and taped shut, you could have at least strapped the box or put the 2 bags of compost in bin liners before putting them in the cardboard box, if it had split as is often the case with compost in a flimsy box then I would have been compromised.

Its a real shame as I like to support site sponsors when I can. 

Edited by Smokebelch
7 people like this

Packaging aside @Smokebelch that's good to know the 2nd parcel is on its way and not been nicked :yep:

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

@SerpentCheers dude, yeah I was panicking last night, I was very worried about who had my parcel. I can relax now. 

Edited by Smokebelch
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I did recive the second box yesterday and it was wrapped up in the black bin liner, I challenged the driver and he denied it was him who left my box outside.

Just a bit more feedback for you guys, You need to send shipping confirmation and tracking details to your customers. If I had know it had been shipped and was being delivered that day I would have stayed in to sign for it. All I got from you was an email confirming my order then an email saying my order was complete. There were no shipping details email to me so I had no idea that it had been shipped.

Another site sponsor Diyleduk shipped me a lamp via DHL this week and I got an email with a link so I could track it and they also gave me an hour delivery time slot. You guys use DHL so I think you should be able to do this.

At the end of the day luckily there has been no harm done and I have received all my stuff but I think you guys need to tighten up on a few things if you want to get my custom in the future.

Edited by Smokebelch
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

@Smokebelch

I'm glad everything is ok, I think it's equally concerning you've not had a reply in this thread. Did they pm you during all this? 

I'm looking at making an order but communication is a bit hit and miss I'm finding. Not a great start.... 

:yinyang:

Edited by Breezus

Posted (edited)

@Breezus I have heard nothing from them at all over this matter dude. You live and learn I guess, I am going to stick with my normal supplier for the time being I think.

Edited by Smokebelch
3 people like this

Just now, Smokebelch said:

@Breezus I have heard nothing from them at all over this matter dude. You live and learn I guess, I am going to stick with my normal supplier for the time being I think.

I can understand that, I'm lucky in that I can get to their shop in under 2 hours so I may visit and have a wee chat before ordering anything. 

Thanks for the heads up mate 

:cheers:

@Smokebelch

Hey mate, anybody ever contact you about that shipment in the end? 

:yinyang:

@BreezusNo mate, a short apology in here would have been nice but that didn’t happen, never mind.

I am happy with my normal supplier anyway so it’s no bother, I just like to try the site sponsors out and this time it didn’t work out for me.

9 people like this

I've had a delivery from @Gro-zone Hydro, we requested brown boxes vs black wrap and I can gladly say this was achieved without issue - having dealt with them on my behalf my friend said they where polite and with great customer service regards a missing item which was upsized for free.  1 hour delivery window given by DHL... 2 free pipettes. 

I don't order online that often now, brown boxes vs wrap are my main criteria if I do, I can quickly relocate to the grow hole without stress that way.  

"OSGS" was my previous go to for this reason alone, they come looking like normal deliveries.  So now I've found a better value store (100ltr Flexitank is £28 vs £43), so even with a little extra for delivery I've saved a fair bit.

Snaffled the @Intense Nutrients freebies too!

Budelaire.

A successful order and delivery from @Gro-zone Hydro. Thanks guys, excellent stealth packaging. In cardboard boxes and taped black wrapping to keep prying eyes out , and even better a delivery label that had no mention whatsoever of the company sending the order. A big :thumsup: from me.

1 person likes this