Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Amarillo slim

ALFEMCO

17 posts in this topic

large.ALFEMCO.jpg

15 people like this

First of all I would like to say a big thank you to @Joolz for making this section and taking care of sales via the store here..  The seeds would likely not have been made available otherwise as Im super busy with other things....  So, I know theres some who will know what this is all about, but im sure theres some people going "what the fucks ALFEMCO?" lol  So, firstly a little introduction about me....  I grew up in the countryside, we didn't have much in the way of house or money but a veg plot and greenhouse in the garden, as well as lots of nearby farmland, woods and wilderness to explore made it brilliant...  I never got on with school, just seemed like some kind of weird prison for kids to me. Sit down, shut up and listen to some boring adult drivel on about bollocks for 6-7 hours a day, can't choose what you do, can't leave when you want, even your bowel movements are dictated by the teacher, its bizarre... Food was worse than most prisons too lol  None of this was probably helped by the fact that Im quite severely dyslexic, I'd rather be exploring the natural world, finding animals, growing plants, making dens, fires etc than learning about algebra or Shakesspear (yawn) the only subjects I enjoyed where biology and the creative classes like art and music....  Anyway, enough on school... The countryside was great, but there comes a time that you've made a million and one dens, tree houses etc, and start looking for other things to do - the trouble is, in the county, there aren't any! -  So what do you do? start getting stoned :smokin:...  Being young, It wasn't easy to get a good supply, and there was also a high likelihood of getting ripped off or having to smoke some gopping chemical ridden dealer weed :thumbdown:  So being a problem solver, and having some knowledge and experience with plants, I acquired some seeds and planted them into pots of compost in an old plastic vivarium hidden away... I kept an eye on these for water, I even had a little dish inside with bicarbonate of soda and a weak vinegar solution to create raised carbon dioxide levels in the tank, the seedlings grew well and after choosing the best to pot on, and getting a good female from these, school was out the window.  I was reading up everything I could on growing at any possible opportunity... I potted her up a couple times and finally into a bottomless bin placed on amended soil, filled with some decent compost and plenty of extra ferts, she responded to my nurturing and produced a nice little haul of a few oz of some high quality flowers.

Suddenly we had more than enough to smoke, and most importantly, it was really good shit :thumsup:  I was hooked.  I spent the whole winter reading up and doing more research into growing, It was around this time that I also found this place, which had a few members sharing great advice on guerrilla growing.  I also started to develop an interest in breeding which flowed naturally from my fascination with anything living, interest in evolution and creative flair..  Based on my research and peoples recommendations, I purchased some seeds from a few different companies.  I found more plots, got supplies in, did the prep and again using vivariums, I germinated my seeds in peat pots filled with compost, before planting into prepared beds and some 40l containers...  The results were excellent with some plants reaching huge proportions...  I also made some selections and managed to make a couple hybrids of the outdoor cultivars I was growing...  Not only was I growing plenty of great weed for me and my mates, but now I was blending the genetics of distinct unrelated lines,,  what would be the results of these?  how would the genes blend?  what traits would be passed on from which parent etc...  all this stuff was completely enthralling for me..  School took even more of a back foot, I spent any lessons with computers reading on cannabis forums, I spent any without sleeping or daydreaming and thinking about the next years grow, about crossing different strains.... When out of school I was prepping plots, or reading books on gardening or evolution...

The following season I had the seeds I had made, as well as a couple hundred more of all different cultivars from different companies, with the view in mind of making crosses of these for further breeding....  I constructed a greenhouse and bought 1000s of litres of compost, ferts, pots and set about the grow...  The crosses I had made the previous season blew me away, they were better than any of lines I had bought from the seed companies, better than anything I had seen from outdoor before or even since infact....  I made many other crosses that year with some other special plants... From that point on breeding cannabis became my passion in life, I was obsessed, nothing else mattered....  I went on to breed multiple outdoor lines, as well as doing some work with indoor and greenhouse stuff.. When Sasha (the joint doctor) bought out his diesel Ryder I began breeding with autos, and the descendants of this original cross is one of the few lines I still have from back then...  I lost the rest of my work to improper storage, keeping the seeds in plastic containers in a humid environment (plastic is permeable) Years of work down the toilet, I was devastated.  But no use dwelling on things, so I started from scratch, trying to recreate some of the lost work and of course breeding new things..  Which brings me towards the point I am at now,  Ive got about 10 different projects on the go, all moving at various paces, but non the less, all with clear end goals in mind...  Over the next year or two a few of these will be made available,  and I have to say I hope they will be a genuine contribution to the cannabis community, compared to a lot of the shit that comes out nowadays, Im sure they will....    In the mean time, ive got an outdoor line, that previously I had overlooked in till many fellow growers had good results with the seeds.  I grew out a good sized population of these last year, and made a selection of some decent females.  The best of which has been revegged, with clones taken for donors (reversal) and clones of the same plant to bare seeds (targets).  This should result in some very nice outdoor plants indeed, and I wanted people to have the opportunity to try these out this year.....   So without further ado heres the first of many seeds to be released under the name ALFEMCO.  cheers 

Edited by Amarillo slim
29 people like this

Cool beans. Nice price on as well.

1 person likes this

Spot on, thanks for making these mate, count me in, will test this summer.

Too cool for school lol

Edited by SolomonBruceman
1 person likes this

I feel so blessed to be joining this community at a time when so much hard work has already been done so that I might grow plants that are actually suited to my climate. 

I will definitely try and get my hands on these seeds. 

Do you have any idea when your next strain release will be? 

How much MWF stock do you have left? 

Thanks again. 

On 14/06/2019 at 10:59 AM, Stashmonger said:

Do you have any idea when your next strain release will be? 

Im testing a bunch of stuff this year, if anything stands out I'l make more seeds over winter for next season.  Im also not far away on finishing an indoor line, just needs one more gen then check for intersex before release.  

How much MWF stock do you have left? 

Lots was handed out to testers as soon as the seeds were ready, its excellent for me to be able to see the genetics growing all over the world with various latitudes and climates so this was first priority.  Then whats left I am / will be using for further selections. 

I will definitely try and get my hands on these seeds. 

The batch currently at the store have slightly low early vigour, but do take off eventually.  There are also about 15% auto type plants in these.  Great stealth plants for gardens and guerrilla plots with low cover, very early, quick finish, easy trim pocket rockets.  The next batch will be more refined and consistent, with selections made from decent populations.  Should be interesting.  

4 people like this

Hey Slim. 

So how come you go to all this effort if you don't even enjoy the end product for yourself? 

On 17/06/2019 at 10:13 AM, Stashmonger said:

Hey Slim. 

So how come you go to all this effort if you don't even enjoy the end product for yourself? 

Its all about the breeding for me. Nothing brings me greater joy. It has occupied that vast majority of my mind and time for over a decade now. Smoking flowers might have been an initial motive to get growing and I did used to thoroughly enjoy sampling flowers when I was younger, but I haven't smoked for a long time now - saying that I accidentally had a toke on some MWF a couple weeks back, tolerance is rock bottom so I got stoned :smokin: lol  

Ive dabbled in breeding other plants but nothing quite tickles my balls in the same way as cannabis..  Its the only thing I 100% know I will be doing till Im in the ground myself ;)

9 people like this

Check out the latest selection from an indoor group of the MWF S1s..  This plant has just been cut 8 weeks from un-cracked seeds hitting moist soil.  Can you imagine the implications of genetics like these for outdoor growing...?  SOG's of discrete plants ready for cropping every 2 months, next to no trimming required, just long donkey dicks packed closely together....  Or even just at home in amongst the vegetables, on patios and balconies, window sills, conservatories etc for a quick turnaround throughout the Spring / summer / autumn months...

large.5d2c44c9888f5_MWFS1.jpg

21 people like this

On 15/07/2019 at 10:28 AM, Amarillo slim said:

Check out the latest selection from an indoor group of the MWF S1s..  This plant has just been cut 8 weeks from un-cracked seeds hitting moist soil.  Can you imagine the implications of genetics like these for outdoor growing...?  SOG's of discrete plants ready for cropping every 2 months, next to no trimming required, just long donkey dicks packed closely together....  Or even just at home in amongst the vegetables, on patios and balconies, window sills, conservatories etc for a quick turnaround throughout the Spring / summer / autumn months...

So this was planted and looked after with minimal trimming and finished after 8 weeks?

That’s brilliant genetics mate, well done 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, CBDbudd said:

So this was planted and looked after with minimal trimming and finished after 8 weeks?

That’s brilliant genetics mate, well done 

Yes thats right, it was a particular variation that autoflowered,  8 weeks from seed hitting soil to pic above.  Next to no trimming.  An interesting one for sure.

cheers

3 people like this

On 7/15/2019 at 10:28 AM, Amarillo slim said:

Where can one get these beans?

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, K-dawg said:

Where can one get these beans?

Hey, K-dawg, that is just one individual not typical of the cultivar.   I will be working to create a stable line with the traits like the above plant but that will take time.  

The seed she was from is available at the store here as soon as I get round to re-stocking.  cheers 

4 people like this