Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sargares

Sherbinksi's The New

275 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Sargares said:

So I'll let you know on Monday!

Perfect mate, enjoy your kid free weekend  ;)

Maybe we are looking at this wrong?

It could be that Gorilla is more suited to say "night time" due to the heavy hitting, slap you in the face high with The New by Sherbinski more suited to "daytime"?

You'll have a better grip on things when you've had more time with The New  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

2 people like this

16 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

Perfect mate, enjoy your kid free weekend  ;)

Maybe we are looking at this wrong?

It could be that Gorilla is more suited to say "night time" due to the heavy hitting, slap you in the face high with The New by Sherbinski more suited to "daytime"?

You'll have a better grip on things when you've had more time with The New  ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

For sure they have their time and place. The gorilla doesn't put me straight to sleep. I start off fairly high and then slowly slump into a heap over the course of an hour or two. 

The New I've just got a nice relaxed buzz with no desire to sleep through the whole high. Tbh, the new for me is useless bed time smoke as I end up sitting their watching about 8 episodes of something in a row. I think a few more days before cutting it down would have balanced it out a little though. 

I'm trying to compare them objectively though in which case I prefer the new. (tbh I prefer the new objectively and subjectively) Although they both have their place in the stable. Both are really strong. 

Edited by Sargares
5 people like this

13 minutes ago, Sargares said:

Although they both have their place in the stable. Both are really strong.

It would be a sad and dull world with only 1 strain so I'm so glad this lady has found a new home ;)

Round 2 you can go the extra few day's and that will make a great comparison to a day 60 harvest compared to a day 65 finish  :yep:

1st time growing a new strain is never the best grow, I'm eager to watch round 2 now  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

5 people like this

They look really frosty mate, exactly what I'd expect from the cross tbh, smaller buds with lots of resin. 

If you don't mind me asking matey how are they for density? The look pretty solid in pics. 

5 people like this

9 hours ago, GreenVision said:

They look really frosty mate, exactly what I'd expect from the cross tbh, smaller buds with lots of resin. 

If you don't mind me asking matey how are they for density? The look pretty solid in pics. 

Pretty dense. This pheno is a little leafy which hides the bud structure a little. It's similar density to the tall gorilla's and a little less than the shorter gorilla's. So I'd say maybe an 8/10 on the density. 

The yield was pretty good. The plant must have been 20 inches tall and yielded almost 3 oz. 

5 people like this

20 hours ago, Sargares said:

The yield was pretty good. The plant must have been 20 inches tall and yielded almost 3 oz. 

Not a bad end result at all :yep:

Thanks for dropping back in to answer the question mate :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

2 people like this

@HSO-Mark got another bunch of em about to flip so this log has another 3 months left in it yet! Going to just keep going on this log with the next bunch. 

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, Sargares said:

@HSO-Mark got another bunch of em about to flip so this log has another 3 months left in it yet! Going to just keep going on this log with the next bunch. 

That would be fantastic  ;)

Bring it on! :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

1 person likes this

Flipping the second round of the new tomorrow. 

Going nicely so far. Lot of work gone into LSTing em all to get em fairly level. Quite impressed with the canopy work so far.

Fun begins soon. Gonna be some magic in this lot I think! 

large.IMG-20190830-WA0002.jpglarge.IMG-20190830-WA0001.jpg

11 people like this

The New grow as such...:wassnnme:

Really liking the training pic’s m8, let’s me see what I’m doing is ok, an show’s me tip’s...

Cheer’s an good luck again dude...:pimp:

3 people like this

And some more. Friday was first day of 11/13 my bad. 

Cool shot of the roots breaking the surface:

large.IMG-20190901-WA0001.jpg

The room full:

large.IMG-20190901-WA0004.jpg

Just FYI this lot are under 500w of cree cobs bought years back from the growmau5 kits and a single r spec quantum board bought from vividled. Hooked me up with the UVA strips and my boards too.

Room is about 2 x 1 but tapered side walls so slightly less than that use able. 

Cheers. 

12 people like this

@Sargares in the first pic off the ice white root:notworthy:’s,

When I first looked at it, I’m not sure if it was my pie’d eye’s or my pie’d brain, mmm probably both lol , I was sitting looking at the pic wondering how you got what I thought was frozen dew on top off ur soil....:wassnnme:

Very cool pic...

Edited by Amo
2 people like this

On 01/09/2019 at 11:23 PM, Sargares said:

And some more. Friday was first day of 11/13 my bad. 

Cool shot of the roots breaking the surface:

large.IMG-20190901-WA0001.jpg

The room full:

large.IMG-20190901-WA0004.jpg

Just FYI this lot are under 500w of cree cobs bought years back from the growmau5 kits and a single r spec quantum board bought from vividled. Hooked me up with the UVA strips and my boards too.

Room is about 2 x 1 but tapered side walls so slightly less than that use able. 

Cheers. 

Very cool root shot mate :yep:

11/13 on/off mate?

Kind regards 

Mark..

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, HSO-Mark said:

Very cool root shot mate :yep:

11/13 on/off mate?

Kind regards 

Mark..

Yerp. 

Heard dj short recommend it and I've been doing it since. Lot of people seem to think you can get a better genetic expression out of the plant by having a slightly longer dark period than light period. Not objective but I have noticed a lot more colour in my grows since I changed. 

5 people like this

2 hours ago, Sargares said:

Yerp. 

Heard dj short recommend it and I've been doing it since. Lot of people seem to think you can get a better genetic expression out of the plant by having a slightly longer dark period than light period. Not objective but I have noticed a lot more colour in my grows since I changed. 

Something my old man always did mate ;)

Along with the Gas lantern tech  :)

You drop down to 14/10 then 15/9 for the last couple of weeks mate? And do you do 24-72 hour black out prior to harvest? 

Kind regards 

Mark..

1 person likes this